Men...

Are they simple creatures, basically your standard Neanderthals that will be happy as long as they are fed, sexually satiated, and their egos stroked once in a while?

Of course they are. And women are simple creatures that as long as they are flattered, have a few trinkets, and a nice kitchen to work in are happy.

And having been married for 35 years, I see each of those statements as being equally silly.

You forgot to add being allowed to buy a pair of shoes for every mood. Otherwise your description would fit me to a tee.

Last edited:
Are they simple creatures, basically your standard Neanderthals that will be happy as long as they are fed, sexually satiated, and their egos stroked once in a while?

Of course they are. And women are simple creatures that as long as they are flattered, have a few trinkets, and a nice kitchen to work in are happy.

And having been married for 35 years, I see each of those statements as being equally silly.

The happier we are, the happier, and more blissful you all are...

The happier we are, the happier, and more blissful you all are...

Oh boy, now that is the truth. Momma ain't happy, no one under this roof is going to be happy.

So if we women know the formula for men, why are there so many problems in relationships? Heck, they don't even care if you don't get them a gift for every darn holiday, birthday, or anniversary...

Because women don't know the formula for themselves, and they project their confused mess onto men, wanting them to be something more than what they are.

Sorry, ladies, but it's true.

So if we women know the formula for men, why are there so many problems in relationships? Heck, they don't even care if you don't get them a gift for every darn holiday, birthday, or anniversary...

Because women tend to want to change men, rather than accepting them as they are and living with that for the rest of life. We see them as DIY projects, rather than the final product already.

What I like are the women who lament the "lack of nice guys" in the world, but never date nice guys. What they REALLY want are bad boys they can remodel INTO nice guys, not the ones that started out nice.

Because women tend to want to change men, rather than accepting them as they are and living with that for the rest of life. We see them as DIY projects, rather than the final product already.

Why is that anyway ?

Because they want different things from men at different points in their lives, but they want to get it all from the same guy. When they're young and single, they want someone who's dashing and romantic and naughty. Then they get married, and they want someone attentive and responsible and adoring. Then they have children, and they want someone even MORE attentive and responsible and adoring, with paternal thrown in on top. And so on, and so on . . .

Hint. When they ask to see your resume and bank account look elsewhere.

Why? Men can see the qualities they want from me displaying right on the front of my shirt. It's not fair. I think they should be required to print their resume and bank balance on their t-shirts so we're even. :eusa_whistle:

Hint. When they ask to see your resume and bank account look elsewhere.

I know this guy who was burned by a woman who had a lot of debt before they started going out and didn't tell him about it until he proposed a couple years later. He called off the marriage and now asks women if they have any debt.

I never asked questions like that. Hell, how can you tell if they're lying? I always just did a background check.

Because women don't know the formula for themselves, and they project their confused mess onto men, wanting them to be something more than what they are.

So if the women were more together, then they should do a better job with their men?

What I like are the women who lament the "lack of nice guys" in the world, but never date nice guys. What they REALLY want are bad boys they can remodel INTO nice guys, not the ones that started out nice.

Somehow the "nice guys" are thought to be boring while the "jerk/bad boys" are thought to be wild and interesting. I see it all the time. Perhaps it's a sign of immaturity.

The real difference is how each of the sexes handles the emotional things in their lives.

I.E. - Getting older and showing the effects of gravity:

> Balding 35 year old man with a softly growing keg where his six-pack used to be looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, yeah. Still a magnet for the hotties!"​

> 35 year old woman with a hint of stretch marks and a tummy that makes her favorite jeans a bit hard to get on looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, shit... I have my mothers ass!"​

-Joe

So you're saying the difference is that men are delusional, and women aren't? :eusa_whistle:

And why is it that women lose interest in sex after they're married? I hear this complaint over and over from men. Are people too busy? too tired and overworked? Does sex leave the woman's mind once she is married?

I can't speak for the entire gendre. As a matter of fact, I may change my mind about this after I hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Mrs. Code and I were married some time ago. When we met, it was winter time, but in the spring, I was a member of a co-ed beach volleyball team that played in the Thursday night League. Mrs. Code played on that team for the first summer that I knew her. Looked great in her beach volleyball outfit.

The second Summer that we were dating, we got married in June on a Friday afternoon. We had played Volleyball the previous night. Following that game, she never played volleyball again. Volleyball in the story above is not a metaphor for anything else.

It could be.

Anyway, in my experience with Mrs. Code and other young ladies who showed lack of good judgement, Sex is seen as two entirely different things by males and females.

To a man, sex is a stand alone thing, like playing football or fishing. A guy wants to do it and it's better with a friend and let's go.

To a woman, it's the result, reflection and extension of the depth of emotion and the degree of committment and go ahead.

For a man, it is the reason to exist. Nothing else is even on a par with it. For a woman, it's not much different than getting a new dress or a new pair of shoes. Makes her feel pretty, feel good, but, my goodness, "don't mess up my hair".

All commonalities are nice, but this particualr one differs within the genders by degrees of magnitude. For a woman to know what a man is feeling about sex, she needs to be operating outside the bounds of normalcy.

Woody Allen in one movie said that he was a Lesbian nymphomaniac trapped in a man's body. That pretty much sums it up.

Ohmigod! I'm a man trapped in a really hot woman's body! That explains SO MUCH!!!

So if the women were more together, then they should do a better job with their men?

I think if women understood themselves and their motivations better, they might be more savvy in their choices of men, rather than looking at them as fixer-uppers.

Somehow the "nice guys" are thought to be boring while the "jerk/bad boys" are thought to be wild and interesting. I see it all the time. Perhaps it's a sign of immaturity.

Perhaps? :lol:

We also require the house cleaned, laundry done, our beer kept cold and the children take care of!

Oh yea, and now since women's liberation, we also require you to work and bring home a paycheck!

We also require the house cleaned, laundry done, our beer kept cold and the children take care of!

Oh yea, and now since women's liberation, we also require you to work and bring home a paycheck!

Let us know how that works out for you.

I have spent a lifetime pondering this quesiton and the difference between men and (most of) us is this...

they're SHALLOW. Completely, hopelessly shallow. Even the alleged "big thinkers". Men are shallow creatures.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Well I help clean the house, I do a good part of cooking, the fridge keeps the beer cold and I do may part taking care of the kids. But my wife does work, so one part of my plan worked!:lol:

Its simple, here is what men need: Food, Sex (and yes women that includes the occassional oral), Beer, Boy's Night (occasional), Not to be interupted during any big sporting event and a roof over the head!

I have spent a lifetime pondering this quesiton and the difference between men and (most of) us is this...

they're SHALLOW. Completely, hopelessly shallow. Even the alleged "big thinkers". Men are shallow creatures.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

I've met men who are deeper than I would ever imagine and likewise, women who were completely vapid and shallow.

I would go so far as to agree that men seem to be more simple. Not simple-minded, just more basic. They tend to see logic, black & white or the nuts and bolts of things, if you will. We women see more than is there many times and cause ourselves more problems than if we would just accept things at face value and try to see the logic behind life, rather than the emotions through our rose-colored glasses.

That being said, I rarely understand myself, much less everyone else around me, male or female. :tongue:

The real difference is how each of the sexes handles the emotional things in their lives.

I.E. - Getting older and showing the effects of gravity:

> Balding 35 year old man with a softly growing keg where his six-pack used to be looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, yeah. Still a magnet for the hotties!"​

> 35 year old woman with a hint of stretch marks and a tummy that makes her favorite jeans a bit hard to get on looks in the mirror and thinks "Oh, shit... I have my mothers ass!"​

-Joe

So you're saying the difference is that men are delusional, and women aren't? :eusa_whistle:

No.... I'm saying that men give themselves a break about aging and women unmercifully beat themselves up about it.

-Joe

Forum List

Back