Swine Flu- Something to worry about?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Zook, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Zook

Zook Constitutionalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think its been hyped up way out of proportion. Its just a strain of the flu that has a name. Over 30,000 people a year from the normal flu and we are worrying about the swine flu that has only killed one kid in the us so far. Come on how many have died from the regular flu since the talk about the swine flu has started? I think we should go about with our normal lives and let our immune system do its job and move on with live. What do u think??

2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Remember SARS?

3. Zook

Zook Constitutionalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ya what about it?
    SARS
    During November 2002 through July 2003, a total of 8,098 people worldwide became sick with severe acute respiratory syndrome that was accompanied by either pneumonia or respiratory distress syndrome (probable cases), according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Of these, 774 died. By late July 2003, no new cases were being reported, and WHO declared the global outbreak to be over.

so only 774 out of how many billion died? Shouldn't we focus on bigger problems?

4. kakarothusain

kakarothusain Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If some measures are not taken to stop the spreading of swine flu then definitely it is going to be the cause of death for hundreds of people..[​IMG]

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It appears to have peaked, on the wan. Flu season is over. On the other hand, probably will come back, by that time a vaccine will be developed. Here's to hoping. :beer: