Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate General, wife

Slide1.jpg

what's next for you alleged Americans re-education???

Just because you don't agree with another person's views doesn't make them any less "Americans" than you. Please stop that bogus rhetoric.

who else dug up bones???
digging up bones - - Yahoo Search Results

I hope they are cursed forever for desecrating a grave. Not that they aren't now with some idiotic City Council. my gawd where are the citizens in that city

I think LIMITS are going to be needed on what powers a city Council has in running things on a city. this is Ridiculous.

Except no one said anything about 'Desecrating a grave". Just relocating it. Not that I believe in any of the superstitious mumbo-jumbo about graves being sacred, but General Klansman and his Wife were originally buried in Elmwood Cemetery when he died in 1877. Their bodies were only relocated to this park in 1904.

When his body is moved back to Elmwood Cemetery one can assume all the mumbo-jumbo will be observed.

They just won't have a statue commemorating a man who committed war crimes and started a hate group.

Right. Respect for the dead, is superstitious mumbo jumbo.

It has only been a part of Western CUlture for thousands of years.

Barbarism.

this is what the left has become and is now dumping all over us and our country. they will do anything FOR POWER. The people better wake up and soon

It is likely already to late.

The future is going to really suck.

I hope they are cursed forever for desecrating a grave. Not that they aren't now with some idiotic City Council. my gawd where are the citizens in that city

I think LIMITS are going to be needed on what powers a city Council has in running things on a city. this is Ridiculous.

Except no one said anything about 'Desecrating a grave". Just relocating it. Not that I believe in any of the superstitious mumbo-jumbo about graves being sacred, but General Klansman and his Wife were originally buried in Elmwood Cemetery when he died in 1877. Their bodies were only relocated to this park in 1904.

When his body is moved back to Elmwood Cemetery one can assume all the mumbo-jumbo will be observed.

They just won't have a statue commemorating a man who committed war crimes and started a hate group.

Barbarism.

this is what the left has become and is now dumping all over us and our country. they will do anything FOR POWER. The people better wake up and soon

The future? Things have sucked for some time now, IMO. America is not the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is the land of constant party bickering and accusations and, if you happen to be a gay person, forget about it! You are labeled as evil, bringing down society and all kinds of other vile things. How can we claim to be the "land of the free?" How? How can we justify that label?

Barbarism.

The dead are the dead. Why do they deserve more respect than the living?

Frankly, I think a lot of our death rituals are kind of bizarre. We waste far too much time worrying about what happens to our bodies when we are done using them.

"Death rituals" are a part of every culture.

There are reasons for them. The time is not wasted.

THat you dismiss the cultural concerns of those who are different than you, that you look down on, is nothing but intolerance and narrow mindedness.

Barbarism.

The future? Things have sucked for some time now, IMO. America is not the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is the land of constant party bickering and accusations and, if you happen to be a gay person, forget about it! You are labeled as evil, bringing down society and all kinds of other vile things. How can we claim to be the "land of the free?" How? How can we justify that label?
Really classic given what nanny stating control freaks liberals are. So long as libs get ass sex and abortion on demand, everything else is subject to complete government control

Barbarism.

This is the tail end of the Golden Age. We still have the high position our ancestors built and our decadence has not yet fully come home to roost.

Barbarism.

Really classic given what nanny stating control freaks liberals are. So long as libs get ass sex and abortion on demand, everything else is subject to complete government control

I don't know about liberals and ass sex. All I know is that gay people are tax paying American citizens. Their sex life is of no concern to me.

THat you dismiss the cultural concerns of those who are different than you, that you look down on, is nothing but intolerance and narrow mindedness.

actually, not so much.

Back in the 19th century, it was a common practice to prop up a dead family member and have one of those new fangled photographs taken of him.

parents-and-girl-lg.jpg

Today, we'd consider that weird.

Today we put a bunch of makeup on our dead relatives and create the illusion they are just taking a nap in that box, and we tried to ignore all the unpleasant things that were done to the corpse so we could have this weird little ceremony.

Let's be blunt, you guys don't care that General Forrest's body is being moved.

You care that his place of honor as a historical figure is being RIGHTFULLY revoked (retroactively).

seriously digging up military dead, or any dead really makes your country look ghoulish to the world. this is the image you want to project???

actually, not so much.

Back in the 19th century, it was a common practice to prop up a dead family member and have one of those new fangled photographs taken of him.

parents-and-girl-lg.jpg

Today, we'd consider that weird.

Today we put a bunch of makeup on our dead relatives and create the illusion they are just taking a nap in that box, and we tried to ignore all the unpleasant things that were done to the corpse so we could have this weird little ceremony.

Let's be blunt, you guys don't care that General Forrest's body is being moved.

You care that his place of honor as a historical figure is being RIGHTFULLY revoked (retroactively).

The difference between us is that I do not have a negative personal opinion of those people just because they had different death rituals than I do.

I do care that about moving the body.

I do care that this witch hunt is still ongoing, and is still attacking the culture of the South/America.

The difference between us is that I do not have a negative personal opinion of those people just because they had different death rituals than I do.

Right, because you are all into the Mumbo Jumbo.

I do care that about moving the body.

I do care that this witch hunt is still ongoing, and is still attacking the culture of the South/America.

You mean by pointing out that racism and treason were part of the "culture".

Again- we are talking about a man who committed what would be considered a war crime today and founded a hate group.

He doesn't deserve a statue.

They may not be able to dig up the General and his wife, it seems the council neglected to check the laws on the matter.

Well why would they. they seem to think they can do whatever THE HELL they feel like. I also heard one reason was the University wanted to USE the land they were on.

snip:
Memphis City Council Votes to Dig Up Grave of Confederate General, Sell His Statue

snippet:
Some believe the Memphis City Council vote is another example of the anti-Confederacy hysteria that swept parts of the country after a photo surfaced of alleged Charleston gunman Dylann Roof posing with a Confederate flag. But city council member Janis Fullilove asked if the move has something to do with a rumored “$500 million [University of Tennessee] expansion” that would use the land where Forrest is currently buried.

all of it here:
Memphis to Exhume Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

I noticed Breibart left out the part where Forrest was one of the founding members of the Ku Klux Klan.

Talk about "Cleansing' history.
And the non disputed murder of US military POW's. Federal troops surrendered to him and he ordered them shot. Cold blooded murder. Federal troops. United Stated soldiers who surrendered were on their knees pleading for mercy as he ordered troops to shot them. It went down in history as the worst atrocity of the Civil War. Look it up under Fort Pillow Massacre.

It is actually known as the War of Northern Aggression. But I know Joe can't cope with 3-syllable words.

Oh, no, I forgot about that Euphemism.

We should officially rename it, "The War so a Few Rich White People Could Own Black People, that My Great-Grandpappy was an idiot for fighting"

The Cleansing of our history is LONG overdue.
CLEANSING… you slip here and there revealing the true motive. You are in the process of political, cultural and ETHNIC CLEANSING.

Barbarism.

I don't know about liberals and ass sex. All I know is that gay people are tax paying American citizens. Their sex life is of no concern to me.

then the SANE ones need to step forward and put a stop to the people using them to BLUDGEON people over the head with homosexuality

Let the Book Burnings and Destruction of Historical Evidence Commence!

You will COMPLY with the required GROUPTHINK, even if the Social Justice Snowflakes have to burn down the entire country in order to force you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back