LA City Council votes to place proposal that would give empty hotel rooms to homeless on 2024 ballot

Two cops would have been fine for the security part, but they would have also needed human management and a counselor to help with those that need speaking to in a certain way to get them to understand. I would estimate 5 total "managers" for every 50 homeless.

Otherwise it would just be a human zoo enclosure.
I can't say what "programs" they could avail themselves of.....The bottom line is that it did not work. End of story.

What did work was giving the bums the "bum's rush".....It's the standard practice in my AO now. As soon as "homeless" are reported they are "persuaded" to leave the area. ;)

Great idea. If the hotel has an empty room, give it to a bum and charge the city whatever the negotiated rate is.

This would give bums a chance to shower and clean themselves up before a job interview.

Smart
Job interview?

Watch this excellent documentary about Seattle's homeless. Documentation of the fact that LITERALLY 100% of the homeless people in Seattle have major drug addiction issues.

Job interview. :laughing0301:

I'm not a bum, so its not what I would do but what other types would do.
I do believe this is classic projection because I’ve seen time and time again republicans being hypocrites.

Perfect example, COVID. How many of you stayed at home on unemployment rather than go back to work? Lots of you. People who said they’d rather work at McDonald’s. But as soon as they qualify, they justify

Right. How long would that hotel have paying customers after they started getting robbed for drug money?

It goes beyond that. Would you want to pay big bucks to sleep on a mattress that was funkified by a bum chilling on it for a couple of weeks?

Not to mention the damage they will do to priceless vases that fancy hotels might have in their rooms.

All large cities set up field hospitals for the covid crap. What would be different about using a few empty warehouses in the same manner?

1659882398673.png

You don’t know or care who’s next to you at a motel or hotel now.

I would first demand they get a free id. Have to have identification. You need it for a job interview so if you are serious you’ll have I’d. No guests. And you can be banned. And yes the city should be responsible. If they do it right it’s a great idea even the hotel benefits.
Lol. Really you do not care who is next to you in a hotel or motel? Most people do care if the person is in oversized clothes or does not look washed. Does not care if they are creating noise by trashing the room next to you.
No place did it talk about anyone required to have an ID nor did it say anything about the city paying nor if they would pay at the going rate or at some reduced rate.

Lol. Really you do not care who is next to you in a hotel or motel? Most people do care if the person is in oversized clothes or does not look washed. Does not care if they are creating noise by trashing the room next to you.
No place did it talk about anyone required to have an ID nor did it say anything about the city paying nor if they would pay at the going rate or at some reduced rate.
If it went the way you claim I would say every hotel only has to help one person at a time. I don’t know the details. If it went the way you guys say, bad idea. But it probably won’t.

If it went the way you claim I would say every hotel only has to help one person at a time. I don’t know the details. If it went the way you guys say, bad idea. But it probably won’t.
I am just being realistic.
Have no idea what the city plans to do to compensate the hotels. Nothing was said about that or an ID.

Have no idea what the city plans to do to compensate the hotels. Nothing was said about that or an ID.
If they don't do it right, it's a stupid idea. I'm imagining a motel room with 4 guys in it and they aren't sharing a razor to shave they're sharing needles and heroine.

The Los Angeles City Council on Friday voted unanimously to place an ordinance that would house homeless people in hotels alongside guests on the March 2024 ballot rather than adopt it immediately.

Under the initiative, hotels in L.A. would be required to notify the city -- every day by 2 p.m. -- how many empty rooms they have for the night.

According to the measure, "Each hotel shall communicate to the Department or its designee, in a form that the Department prescribes, by 2 p.m. each day the number of available rooms at the hotel for that night."

"It’s crazy," said Ray Patel, the president of the Northeast Los Angeles Hotel Owners Association.

Patel said members of the association are worried.

"I can't screen who ends up in my hotel rooms?" he said. "How do I protect my other customers and my staff?"

LA City Council votes to place proposal that would give empty hotel rooms to homeless on 2024 ballot

6ng3vc.jpg

LOL....Your move NYC.

That would be greeeeeeeat for tourism.

All large cities set up field hospitals for the covid crap. What would be different about using a few empty warehouses in the same manner?

View attachment 678949
This is a great idea. There are a lot of reserve soldiers or privates sitting around doing nothing waiting for combat. We should have army reserve supervising 24/7 to make sure these places are safe.

Is it legal to pat them down? Can a bum bring in a gun? Why not? If any American needs a gun, it's a homeless person. And they can't really leave their guns at home when they are homeless. What do homeless people do about their 2nd amendment rights?

This is a great idea. There are a lot of reserve soldiers or privates sitting around doing nothing waiting for combat. We should have army reserve supervising 24/7 to make sure these places are safe.

Is it legal to pat them down? Can a bum bring in a gun? Why not? If any American needs a gun, it's a homeless person. And they can't really leave their guns at home when they are homeless. What do homeless people do about their 2nd amendment rights?
Did anybody pat down the BurnLootMurder and PantyFa rioters? The CHAZ/CHOP butt monkeys were openly armed. Put a wall around them and let 'em fight it out, while real people are protected from their bullshit.

Not only rate compensation, but what about the inevitable property damage?

How long before the rate of rooms taken out of service due to damage exceeds the ability of the places to make repairs, as well as the government's process for paying them for the repairs?

Forum List

Back