Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate General, wife

This guy's grandparents found refuge here in the US from persecution. He is an agitprop trained anti-American jew with no ancestry here therefore, no heritage. As far as I am concerned he could be sitting in Tel Aviv burning up our taxpayers money earmarked for One Voice.

Uh, no, I've explained this to you, so I will again.

My grandparents came here from Germany in 1925. They weren't fleeing "persecution", they fled a shitty economy. They weren't Jewish, they were Catholic, and I'm rather embarrassed to admit, my Great Uncle was even a member of the Nazi Party. (Not that he was an enthusiastic Nazi, as far as I know, he just wanted to keep his cushy government job in some backwater German town in the Rhineland.)

I was brought up Catholic, but I'm an atheist today because all Religion is a lie.

Oh, yeah, my father served in WWII on the AMERICAN side and I was in the Army during the Persian Gulf War.

Now, that said, sorry, man, Nathan Forrest was a traitor. He was a racist. He was a war criminal. This is really not the hill you all want to die on celebrating your "Heritage".

"Your ancestor fought for the right of rich people to own, brutalize and rape other human beings."

Bullshit. You're far too stupid to have a clue what he fought for and absolutely have no right to speak for him.

Yankees were just jealous of Southern prosperity and culture.
Nope...he's spot on. You just, unfortunately, bought into the "Lost Cause" story very carefully cultivated in the South since the 1870s.

Based on his avatar...I think he may know more about war than you do.
Oh my....you gage such things by...................avatars. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Excellent measuring tool for sure, eh?

THe Confederacy and the South are big parts of traditional American culture.

The Nazis and the Third Reich were big parts of German culture, but no one is putting up any statues to them.

And we are talking about Lee and Jackson. Plenty of libs have badmouthed Gen Robert E. Lee and called him names. I am sure that someday they will get the witch hunt treatment too, when the mob needs a new target.

IF we are only allowed to celebrate historical figures that pass modern lib muster, we will not be allowed to have celebrate any historical figures.

Maybe we shouldn't. In the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds on the show Firefly, "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another."

Here's the thing. CONSERVATIVES on the Memphis City Council voted to give General Forrest the Boot! It was a unanimous vote.

So, you admit to being open to the idea of celebrating no historical figures.

Thank you.

YOu are so much more honest than your liberal allies.

Do you hold other cultures heroes to the same high standards?

Martin Luther King has a statue. Do you consider him a "sombitch"?

You did not seem to address any of the points in an intelligent way but answered with insults and made up shit reflecting your own opinion.
You are harping on your stupid ideas expressed throughout this thread and all those stupidities were addressed with factual citations. Repeating the same shit over and over again is the Alinsky method written for radical provocateurs.
What would you say if a revisionist group demanded the destruction of Holocaust museums everywhere and called the jews of the Holocaust scumbags who deserved to be exterminated? Or, a group gained substantial following and just say the Holocaust was a lie and we eradicate all the memorials erected in remembrance? Yes, I had to bring to you a shocking example to illustrate what kind of cleansing you propagating around here. If one can do it so can the other, each according to his belief that's what you are saying?

Dude Saul Alinsky's Zombie is hiding under your bed, but when he finds out about your lack of brains, it's going to be disappointed.

The thing is, Forrest is being eradicated because of what HE ACTUALLY DID. He did commit War crimes. He did found the Ku Klux Klan.

(Oh, by the way, I'm not Jewish.. I'm not sure where you get the notion that I am.)

By modern standards, so did FDR.

Hell so did Eisenhower.

Your stated reasons for being so hateful towards the SOuth are ridiculous. No culture can survive if they raise their young to hate themselves.

He's one of the most famous Democrats who ever lived. Forrest started the terrorist arm of the Democrat party after all. Has the council truly thought this thru?

Thank you.

the guy cheated on his wife, so yeah, he probably was. he also turned a blind eye to a lot of the violence advocated by others in his movement.

But on balance, he did more good than bad. He advanced the cause of civil rights peacefully, and won key concessions.

Other end of the spectrum is Hitler. Between the war and the holocaust, no one is going to put up a statue to him or anyone who worked for him. The Autobahn might be nifty, but it doesn't make up for that other stuff.

Okay, now that we established the parameters.

Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Bad stuff- Committed War Crimes. Betrayed his Country. Founded a hate group after the war that lynched men in front of their families.

The Good stuff. He denounced the Klan when it went too far. He did some fairly impressive generalship during the war.
Although you could rate that either way, since the Civil War was a "lost cause" from the beginning and all his "victories" did was prolong the suffering.

So on balance, no, He doesn't deserve a statue.

Hell so did Eisenhower.

Your stated reasons for being so hateful towards the SOuth are ridiculous. No culture can survive if they raise their young to hate themselves.

THe South isn't my culture. They are bunch of inbred idiots I'm stuck being in the same country with.
The sooner we get kids to realize that, the sooner we can get a more civil society.

Thank you.

the guy cheated on his wife, so yeah, he probably was. he also turned a blind eye to a lot of the violence advocated by others in his movement.

But on balance, he did more good than bad. He advanced the cause of civil rights peacefully, and won key concessions.

Other end of the spectrum is Hitler. Between the war and the holocaust, no one is going to put up a statue to him or anyone who worked for him. The Autobahn might be nifty, but it doesn't make up for that other stuff.

Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Bad stuff- Committed War Crimes. Betrayed his Country. Founded a hate group after the war that lynched men in front of their families.

The Good stuff. He denounced the Klan when it went too far. He did some fairly impressive generalship during the war.
Although you could rate that either way, since the Civil War was a "lost cause" from the beginning and all his "victories" did was prolong the suffering.

You did not address the statue issue concerning other individuals such as Dr. MLK

Hell so did Eisenhower.

THe South isn't my culture. They are bunch of inbred idiots I'm stuck being in the same country with.
The sooner we get kids to realize that, the sooner we can get a more civil society.
You are not denied a passport, are you?

Thank you.

Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Martin Luther King is a liberal icon.

I grant that you did not respond as a standard leftie on the MLK question, but in general the vast majority of those that are pushing the witch hunt mentality on the "Confederacy" would not respond honestly and seriously like you did.

There will be no holding of liberal icons to this standard.

Thus it is not a standard but an excuse for their anti-southern bigotry.

I grant that you did not respond as a standard leftie on the MLK question, but in general the vast majority of those that are pushing the witch hunt mentality on the "Confederacy" would not respond honestly and seriously like you did.

Doctor King is an AMERICAN Icon at this point. Even Republicans are trying to claim him as one of their own today.

Now, if and when someone wants to take down the statues of Robert E. Lee or Stonewall Jackson, you might have an arugment.

You don't have one with Forrest. Again, it was the City of Mephis, not a bunch of "Yankees" who voted to remove his statue.

Doctor King is an AMERICAN Icon at this point. Even Republicans are trying to claim him as one of their own today.

Now, if and when someone wants to take down the statues of Robert E. Lee or Stonewall Jackson, you might have an arugment.

You don't have one with Forrest. Again, it was the City of Mephis, not a bunch of "Yankees" who voted to remove his statue.

You have already stated some reasons for taking down the statues of Lee and Jackson, hell, as I said, by the standards mentioned Mount Rushmore can come down.

THe fact that it was Republicans who pulled the trigger on this particular statue is irrelevant.

OUr American culture is being attacked.

You have already stated some reasons for taking down the statues of Lee and Jackson, hell, as I said, by the standards mentioned Mount Rushmore can come down.

THe fact that it was Republicans who pulled the trigger on this particular statue is irrelevant.

No, your culture is being attacked.

Most of us are embarrassed the Ku Klux Klan was ever part of our history.

No, your culture is being attacked.

Most of us are embarrassed the Ku Klux Klan was ever part of our history.

NOpe. As you stated the stated reasons for these attacks on Southen Heritage are applicable to the wider American heritage too.

And they already take such pot shots, and have been for decades.

They will not reduce such attacks as we move to a minority majority America.

Do you really think that the State is going to go to war for the Founder of the Klan?

I want to repeat that. Forrest founded the KLAN! You think anyone wants a statue of him up?

If my state wasn't prepared to go to war when attacked we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? Besides what makes you think anyone would go to war to take it down? And, yes, there are many people pleased that there is (more than one) statue of him.

Forum List

Back