Mel arrested for DUI Suspicion

To turn the subject a bit from anti-semitism...and towards the special treatment of celebrities today...has anyone else heard about this yet? I hadn't...until a radio show I listened to started to mention it but held off - not wanting to talk about it so I googled it...

Katie Couric enters the cockpit of a Delta flight to delay it so her producer can get on board
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27267356.shtml

theHawk said:
I think Dillo was referring to the well known fact that you can trash Christians all you want and get a pass.
You can't say anything bad about Jews or muslims, but Christians are OK to target.
So what if Mel has a low opinion of Jews. I have a low opinion of Muslims. And I know muslims have a low opinion of me. To each his own, everybody has their reasons.

I agree.

But I heard on O'Reilly tonight that Mel's Dad is a holocaust denier... :wtf:

Gem said:
To turn the subject a bit from anti-semitism...and towards the special treatment of celebrities today...has anyone else heard about this yet? I hadn't...until a radio show I listened to started to mention it but held off - not wanting to talk about it so I googled it...

Katie Couric enters the cockpit of a Delta flight to delay it so her producer can get on board
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27267356.shtml
Sweet! I wanna be a CBS news anchor!

It is a crime to say anything bad about Jews:

Meanwhile, agent Ari Emanuel issued a statement on HuffingtonPost.com in which he called on Hollywood to stop working with Gibson, noted Reuters.

"At a time of escalating tensions in the world, the entertainment industry cannot idly stand by and allow Mel Gibson to get away with such tragically inflammatory statements," he said. "People in the entertainment community, whether Jew or Gentile, need to demonstrate that they understand how much is at stake in this by professionally shunning Mel Gibson and refusing to work with him, even if it means a sacrifice to their bottom line."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibsonremarks.ap/index.html

Redhots said:
The general public will forgive Mel after he makes the rounds on the early morning talk shows apologizeing.

Hollywood will forgive Mel because he makes them money.

Whole thing should blow over in a couple weeks.
Not for me.
Sugar tits is my new favorite line. (I just have to be careful where I say it)

ScreamingEagle said:
I wonder...since his remarks seemed to indicate that he does not really support the zionist cause....if the hollywood jews are going to require that he also change his politics and beliefs before they forgive him?

You mean what will he have to to for them to not "blacklist" him ? I guess we shall see.

ScreamingEagle said:
I wonder...since his remarks seemed to indicate that he does not really support the zionist cause....if the hollywood jews are going to require that he also change his politics and beliefs before they forgive him?
Probably take one of his christian children and use them for Passover matza. Isn't that where you are all going?

dilloduck said:
You mean what will he have to to for them to not "blacklist" him ? I guess we shall see.

Kathianne said:
Probably take one of his christian children and use them for Passover matza. Isn't that where you are all going?

No more parties at Babsy's. :tdown2:

theHawk said:
LOL I just read that Mel is now going to meet with Jewish leaders, he denies being an "anti-semite".

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/gibson.statement/index. html

For a guy with such strong opinions he is sure racing as fast as he can to kiss ass and brownnose. Errol Flynn would have stuck by his stupid statements.

dilloduck said:

I dunno, Dillo, what do the Dixie Chicks have to do for the same? (I figure what they said wasn't near as bad as what Mel did...so come on, where's that compassionate conservative tolerance?

jillian said:
I dunno, Dillo, what do the Dixie Chicks have to do for the same? (I figure what they said wasn't near as bad as what Mel did...so come on, where's that compassionate conservative tolerance?

They got the same treatment that Mel will get. It's how people get back at celebs that piss em off. Do you have a copy of the Dixie Chicks apology on ya?

ScreamingEagle said:

What he should do is clearify that he doesn't like Zionists, as opposed to all Jews. Though I highly doubt the Jewish community will accept that as not being anti-semetic.
If you don't agree with Zionism, you will be labeled anti-semite. Just as a few people around here have been. :cuckoo:

theHawk said:
What he should do is clearify that he doesn't like Zionists, as opposed to all Jews. Though I highly doubt the Jewish community will accept that as not being anti-semetic.
If you don't agree with Zionism, you will be labeled anti-semite. Just as a few people around here have been. :cuckoo:

The jews in Hollywood though will always hate Mel for "The Passion", this just gives them renewed ammunition.

Forum List

Back