Mel arrested for DUI Suspicion

dilloduck said:
The fact that ANYONE sees Mel Gibson as the epitome of a Chistian has always bewildered me.

He's simply a man who was raised devout Catholic, became famous and got into a lot of trouble, he fell away from the church, drank heavily.. had suicidal thoughts because he was empty...he found god and the church once again later in life. He's struggling just like many of us to walk that fine line between good and evil. He openly talks about this in every interview he does. What bewilders me is the anger he generated in making a movie that he essentially put up his own money to make.. that depicts the true suffering and death of Christ based on the New Testament.

God bless Mel Gibson!

I guess when you're that rich, you can speak the truth without fear. For this, I'm hitting Braveheart AND POC on Netflix!!! Wheee!

01.jpg

William Joyce said:
God bless Mel Gibson!

I guess when you're that rich, you can speak the truth without fear. For this, I'm hitting Braveheart AND POC on Netflix!!! Wheee!

01.jpg

I think he needed the booze to speak without fear. He'll be made to regret what he said a million times over.

dilloduck said:
I think he needed the booze to speak without fear. He'll be made to regret what he said a million times over.

I think you need to be more than 0.12% to loosen your tongue to that extent. Looks more like an ego-tripping actor than a drunk to me. :splat:

Nuc said:
I think you need to be more than 0.12% to loosen your tongue to that extent. Looks more like an ego-tripping actor than a drunk to me. :splat:

We need to wait for the drug screen to get back I guess.

dilloduck said:

Of course there will be the sensitivity classes he will be "obligated to go to" :blah2: :smoke: :sleep:

I'm with Jillian on this one...he can play any sort of "oh look at me I'm changed now" games...but I don't believe for a second that someone at his age changes their mind about something like that because of sensitivity classes or anything like that.

I think his father raised him...and he has the values that his father instilled in him.

Nuc said:
Nahhhh...I'll tell ya what I think at .00.:banana:

*Now if yer a cop, well, common sense will prevail.*:D

jillian said:
??????

We were talking about the "comments" Mel made when arrested. And he didn't trash Christians during his little tirade. :talk2:

DOH , he trashed Jews---If he had trashed Christians Hollywood would have given him an award or something.

jillian said:
Won't matter....he'll still be a disgusting anti-semite. He just won't say it aloud.

Well Ill bet you all of us are prejudice about many different things...We just dont' say them out loud either.........

I think the funniest part of this Mel account is that he called an officer at the
station "sugar tits". Can you imagine Mel Gibson saying "What are you lookin
at sugar tits"? I'd give $50 to hear that (from Mel Gibson you sick perverts).

I'm certainly not going to defend Mel's DUI or anti-Jewish rant, but I will say that anytime a person says they are a Christian, and then does something against Christian values, it's blown 100 times out of proportion.

5stringJeff said:
I'm certainly not going to defend Mel's DUI or anti-Jewish rant, but I will say that anytime a person says they are a Christian, and then does something against Christian values, it's blown 100 times out of proportion.

I find that, too, but not just with Christians. Anybody who takes a public stance on an issue then does the exact opposite, is just asking to be crucified.

5stringJeff said:

Maybe his rant was directed specifically at all those Jewish Hollywood producers who said his movie was anti-semitic when it wasn't... You know how alcohol makes people really honest :cheers2: :alco: :blah2: :blah2: :D

Bonnie said:
Maybe his rant was directed specifically at all those Jewish Hollywood producers who said his movie was anti-semitic when it wasn't... You know how alcohol makes people really honest :cheers2: :alco: :blah2: :blah2: :D

In vino veritas !!
The Romans knew !

jillian said:
??????

We were talking about the "comments" Mel made when arrested. And he didn't trash Christians during his little tirade. :talk2:

I think Dillo was referring to the well known fact that you can trash Christians all you want and get a pass.
You can't say anything bad about Jews or muslims, but Christians are OK to target.
So what if Mel has a low opinion of Jews. I have a low opinion of Muslims. And I know muslims have a low opinion of me. To each his own, everybody has their reasons.

Forum List

Back