Mel arrested for DUI Suspicion

OK, so he got busted for DUI, that is the most important thing he did wrong. Nobody gets a free pass when they get behind the wheel of a car. Even one of my all time heros, favorite actors, Mel Gibson..

OK, that being said, let the law and the system handle this man for putting others in physical danger while operating a car under the influence, of what ever substance.

NOW,, as far as his anti semetic statements. Are they really antisemitic???

He said "Fuck Jews. They are the cause of all the world wars."

Well, I don't know about all of the wars but at least they have their hands in a couple of them taking place right now. I think Israel fed bad info/intel to the Bush Administration so that we would go after Iraq. No, I don't have proof, but as they do, they haven't denied it either.

Secondly, we all know what is going on in Lebanon and Palestine. So, the Israeli Jews are certainly busy in the business of war.

When somebody is going to look for a deal on an appliance, or car, what is the typical phrase they use?? " I am going to Jew the dealer down if I can."

This isn't and anti semetic remark, no. It is actually a compliment to the Jews who are intelligent enough to know that the low price can most always be lower yet.

When somebody needs a good lawyer, do they think, " OH!!, I wonder what Johnny Cochran is doing today? I think I will call him." (while he was alive, God rest his soul).

More like, I think I need to call Al Dershowitcz and ask how much for the retainer... See??? We all know who leads the pack in the professional fields. So what I think Mel Gibson (who I think is Jewish himself, by the way) was probably alluding to, in his remarks to the police officer, was, that he was concerned over the wars in the Middle East, he realized that the Jews have a superior armed force, and that he was suffering from anxiety of hearing of the collateral damage, and death to the civlians in the region. To say that Mel Gibson is anti semetic is just wrong.

And for the record, that lisping piece of shit, Bobba WawA CAN KISS MY FAT ASS!!! MEL AND I DON'T NEED HER, OR HER KIND WATCHING OUR GREAT MOVIES!:finger3:

It's really interesting seeing the sicko's come out of the woodwork.

BTW, Mel is Catholic, ijit...with a father who trained him well in the ways of jew-hating.

What's your excuse? Too much time spent being angry at people who you believe do better than you? That was the excuse in Germany, too.

Must really suck to hate anyone that much.

I'm really glad I'm not you.

oh...and btw, there is nothing complimentary about the term "jew them down", there are only people who are ignorant enough to use the phrase.

jillian said:
It's really interesting seeing the sicko's come out of the woodwork.

BTW, Mel is Catholic, ijit...with a father who trained him well in the ways of jew-hating.

What's your excuse? Too much time spent being angry at people who you believe do better than you? That was the excuse in Germany, too.

Must really suck to hate anyone that much.

I'm really glad I'm not you.

oh...and btw, there is nothing complimentary about the term "jew them down", there are only people who are ignorant enough to use the phrase.

What was it? Personal snipes at people from the shadows of cyberspace is pretty pathetic. Terrorists do shit like that.

on second thought, terrorists are not that low.

Working Man said:
What was it? Personal snipes at people from the shadows of cyberspace is pretty pathetic. Terrorists do shit like that.

on second thought, terrorists are not that low.

You mean like spewing anti-semitic garbage from the safety of cyberspace. I think you got big internet muscles, boy.

In real life, I figure you'd be a little weenie who would only *think* this stuff, if you can call it thinking, that is.

Working Man said:
OK, so he got busted for DUI, that is the most important thing he did wrong. Nobody gets a free pass when they get behind the wheel of a car. Even one of my all time heros, favorite actors, Mel Gibson..

OK, that being said, let the law and the system handle this man for putting others in physical danger while operating a car under the influence, of what ever substance.

NOW,, as far as his anti semetic statements. Are they really antisemitic???

He said "Fuck Jews. They are the cause of all the world wars."

Well, I don't know about all of the wars but at least they have their hands in a couple of them taking place right now. I think Israel fed bad info/intel to the Bush Administration so that we would go after Iraq. No, I don't have proof, but as they do, they haven't denied it either.

Thanks for refuting your own conspiracy theory. The fact is, if you recall, most of the world's major players all basically had the same info. Even Putin, who had nothing to gain stated that Russia had pretty-much the same info. Not to mention that at the time, logical conclusion supported that info, and vice-versa.

Secondly, we all know what is going on in Lebanon and Palestine. So, the Israeli Jews are certainly busy in the business of war.

Defending their Nation from terrorists hardly puts them in the light you are trying to portray them in.

When somebody is going to look for a deal on an appliance, or car, what is the typical phrase they use?? " I am going to Jew the dealer down if I can."

This isn't and anti semetic remark, no. It is actually a compliment to the Jews who are intelligent enough to know that the low price can most always be lower yet.

Translation: twisted justification for making racist remarks. So I guess "******-rig" is a compliment to ingenious African Americans?
When somebody needs a good lawyer, do they think, " OH!!, I wonder what Johnny Cochran is doing today? I think I will call him." (while he was alive, God rest his soul).

More like, I think I need to call Al Dershowitcz and ask how much for the retainer... See??? We all know who leads the pack in the professional fields. So what I think Mel Gibson (who I think is Jewish himself, by the way) was probably alluding to, in his remarks to the police officer, was, that he was concerned over the wars in the Middle East, he realized that the Jews have a superior armed force, and that he was suffering from anxiety of hearing of the collateral damage, and death to the civlians in the region. To say that Mel Gibson is anti semetic is just wrong.

So you choose a lawyer based on his/her religion? I prefer using their credentials and record in court myself.

And for the record, that lisping piece of shit, Bobba WawA CAN KISS MY FAT ASS!!! MEL AND I DON'T NEED HER, OR HER KIND WATCHING OUR GREAT MOVIES!:finger3:

I don't like Barabra Walters either, but not because of her religion. I don't like her because she's a political retard.

jillian said:
You mean like spewing anti-semitic garbage from the safety of cyberspace. I think you got big internet muscles, boy.

In real life, I figure you'd be a little weenie who would only *think* this stuff, if you can call it thinking, that is.

Aside from maybe your personal reactions, may I ask what you think is so terrible about what Gibson said? What if he had blamed the frikkin' islamics instead of the frikkin' jews for the war? Do you think the media response would have been as vociferous? Of course not. Why is that? Is there any essential difference between condemning an islamic vs. a jew....racial/religious slur-wise, that is?

What scares me most about this kind of hyped-up media reaction to Gibson's drunken remarks is that people are being conditioned to think that it is illegal for someone say anything against a certain favored racial, ethnic, or religious group. If I remember correctly, as long as no one is libeling or slandering someone, our free speech amendment allows anybody to say anything they damn well please. :usa:

ScreamingEagle said:
Aside from maybe your personal reactions, may I ask what you think is so terrible about what Gibson said? What if he had blamed the frikkin' islamics instead of the frikkin' jews for the war? Do you think the media response would have been as vociferous? Of course not. Why is that? Is there any essential difference between condemning an islamic vs. a jew....racial/religious slur-wise, that is?

What scares me most about this kind of hyped-up media reaction is that people are being conditioned to think that it is illegal for someone say anything against a certain favored racial, ethnic, or religious group. If I remember correctly, as long as no one is libeling or slandering someone, our free speech amendment allows anybody to say anything they damn well please. :usa:

That really is the problem here, and has been for a while. I seem to remember the media collectively taking slanderous pot shots at him and his family because he made a movie the elitists didn't agree with, I guess that was okay.
Moreover it's funny how what he apparently said is garnering more criticism and publicity than the fact that he was recklessly driving under the influence and could have killed himself or someone else. Shows how warped our values are in this country..

ScreamingEagle said:

What scares me most about this kind of hyped-up media reaction is that people are being conditioned to think that it is illegal for someone say anything against a certain favored racial, ethnic, or religious group. If I remember correctly, as long as no one is libeling or slandering someone, our free speech amendment allows anybody to say anything they damn well please. :usa:

First, I don't hate anyone for what they're born. And if you think it's somehow socially acceptable for people to spout racism or hatred of any type, then I think that's a moral failing.

Second, my reaction would be the same if he spouted hatred toward blacks, native americans, whites or any other group. It just happens that, for some reason, certain people on this board use the shield of anonymity to say things they would never say in polite company.

He has the right to say anything he wishes, because each of us have the right to be as ignorant as we choose. But hatred, in any form, isn't acceptable and people should absolutely have the decency to at least be embarrassed by their own ignorance. Last I heard, Archie Bunker was a satirical character. It's interesting to see him living and breathing, in much more dangerous form, on this board.

Which brings me to my last point.... people have died through history because of the spewing of that type of hatred. We should have learned that. Encouraging it only breeds more.

Does that answer your question?

Bonnie said:
That really is the problem here, and has been for a while. I seem to remember the media collectively taking slanderous pot shots at him and his family because he made a movie the elitists didn't agree with, I guess that was okay.
Moreover it's funny how what he apparently said is garnering more criticism and publicity than the fact that he was recklessly driving under the influence and could have killed himself or someone else. Shows how warped our values are in this country..

I don't think OUR values are warped in this country. I think the liberal media CHOSE to emphasize his anti-semitism over his drinking and driving and make a big deal about it.

What's really warped is how the media attacks Gibson for a couple drunken anti-semitic remarks and then the same media turns around and attacks Israel for deliberately killing children in Lebanon - as if that isn't also anti-semitic.

jillian said:
First, I don't hate anyone for what they're born. And if you think it's somehow socially acceptable for people to spout racism or hatred of any type, then I think that's a moral failing.

Second, my reaction would be the same if he spouted hatred toward blacks, native americans, whites or any other group. It just happens that, for some reason, certain people on this board use the shield of anonymity to say things they would never say in polite company.

He has the right to say anything he wishes, because each of us have the right to be as ignorant as we choose. But hatred, in any form, isn't acceptable and people should absolutely have the decency to at least be embarrassed by their own ignorance. Last I heard, Archie Bunker was a satirical character. It's interesting to see him living and breathing, in much more dangerous form, on this board.

Which brings me to my last point.... people have died through history because of the spewing of that type of hatred. We should have learned that. Encouraging it only breeds more.

Does that answer your question?

Good to read that you think it's OK for someone to speak his hatred - despite the fact you may abhor it. :thup:

There will always be "ARchi Bunkers" in this world - on all sides of the spectrum. Good thing we live in the country we do. :usa:

ScreamingEagle said:
Good to read that you think it's OK for someone to speak his hatred - despite the fact you may abhor it. :thup:

There will always be "ARchi Bunkers" in this world - on all sides of the spectrum. Good thing we live in the country we do. :usa:

I believe in the First Amendment for everyone and actually do believe it is intended to protect speech we abhor or we wouldn't need it because "pleasant speech" doesn't need protection.

Doesn't mean we aren't obligated to tell someone if what they say is stupid, mean-spirited, or generally f'd up. We also need to be aware when what they say is outright dangerous. That doesn't mean they should be censored. Just they should receive enough negative response where they at least think about what they're saying.

ScreamingEagle said:
I don't think OUR values are warped in this country. I think the liberal media CHOSE to emphasize his anti-semitism over his drinking and driving and make a big deal about it.

What's really warped is how the media attacks Gibson for a couple drunken anti-semitic remarks and then the same media turns around and attacks Israel for deliberately killing children in Lebanon - as if that isn't also anti-semitic.

Very true!

Screaming Eagle Wrote:
What scares me most about this kind of hyped-up media reaction is that people are being conditioned to think that it is illegal for someone say anything against a certain favored racial, ethnic, or religious group. If I remember correctly, as long as no one is libeling or slandering someone, our free speech amendment allows anybody to say anything they damn well please.

We are free to say whatever we want in this country (within reason, of course, "fire" in the theater and all that). Mel Gibson is free to state his views anywhere he pleases. If he feels that the Jews are the cause of all the wars in the land then he can say so...that is his right in this country and I will support his right to say whatever nonsense he wants to spew.

However...

The people who hear (or read about) Mel's comments have the right to react to his words however they see fit. That is OUR right. And, as consumers of the motion picture industry...that often is our ONLY way to voice our opinions at movie stars.

If people here choose to never see another Mel Gibson movie because they know more about his personal politics...thats their right.

If you choose to continue to see the Gibson movies because you want to see the movie and you don't really give a shit about the personal politics of a movie star...thats your right.

But Mel Gibson can not expect to say highly inflammatory statements (by the way...I would totally pay good money to see Mel Gibson call a female cop "sugar tits," I almost spit out my water laughing when I read that!) as a highly public figure and suffer no consequences.

On a somewhat different note...I do agree that the media allows some people to get away with outrageous comments and others to be creamed. We should be concerned about this. For instance...while I thought he was an attrocious choice for President...the media allowed Howard Dean to be sunk by playing and replaying his infamous scream...they CHOSE to make it an issue (in my opinion because they knew he was unsuitable and had to find a way to get rid of him without bringing up his issues because it would make the left look weak).

We should be concerned (and alert) to the media picking and choosing our opinions for us.

jillian said:
I believe in the First Amendment for everyone and actually do believe it is intended to protect speech we abhor or we wouldn't need it because "pleasant speech" doesn't need protection.

Doesn't mean we aren't obligated to tell someone if what they say is stupid, mean-spirited, or generally f'd up. We also need to be aware when what they say is outright dangerous. That doesn't mean they should be censored. Just they should receive enough negative response where they at least think about what they're saying.

Oh, you think the media was obligated to rake Mel Gibson over the coals for what they considered to be hateful speech (albeit free as well as drunken)? Gimme a break. Where are all the bleeding heart liberals who like to forgive drunken drivers when you need them? :wtf:

Gem said:
Screaming Eagle Wrote:

We are free to say whatever we want in this country (within reason, of course, "fire" in the theater and all that). Mel Gibson is free to state his views anywhere he pleases. If he feels that the Jews are the cause of all the wars in the land then he can say so...that is his right in this country and I will support his right to say whatever nonsense he wants to spew.

However...

The people who hear (or read about) Mel's comments have the right to react to his words however they see fit. That is OUR right. And, as consumers of the motion picture industry...that often is our ONLY way to voice our opinions at movie stars.

If people here choose to never see another Mel Gibson movie because they know more about his personal politics...thats their right.

If you choose to continue to see the Gibson movies because you want to see the movie and you don't really give a shit about the personal politics of a movie star...thats your right.

But Mel Gibson can not expect to say highly inflammatory statements (by the way...I would totally pay good money to see Mel Gibson call a female cop "sugar tits," I almost spit out my water laughing when I read that!) as a highly public figure and suffer no consequences.

On a somewhat different note...I do agree that the media allows some people to get away with outrageous comments and others to be creamed. We should be concerned about this. For instance...while I thought he was an attrocious choice for President...the media allowed Howard Dean to be sunk by playing and replaying his infamous scream...they CHOSE to make it an issue (in my opinion because they knew he was unsuitable and had to find a way to get rid of him without bringing up his issues because it would make the left look weak).

We should be concerned (and alert) to the media picking and choosing our opinions for us.

No doubt we should be concerned--I beginning to doubt there is much we can do to shape the media however. Americans are becoming too apathetic and ignorant.

CharlestonChad said:
So the face of modern Christianity is an anti-Semite. For some reason, I'm not surprised.
The Pope is an anti-semite? Billy Graham? No, I don't think so!!!!

You have Mel Gibson, an actor, confused with the head of a relgious organization.

Let me add that The Passion of the Christ was based on the New Testament, not anti-semitism! If the Jews were portrayed in a poor light, well, they had bad leaders. The authors of three of the four Gospels were also Jewish. You can also read Josephus' account of the Jewish War from 65-70AD, he didn't paint such a rosy picture of the Jews, either... and he was Jewish.

Am I disgusted by his behavior? Sure I am! There's no excuse for it, I'm very disappointed in him. Whether he actually meant what he said or not, I can't say, but he obviously is a man with a problem. He probably shouldn't be allowed to drive any more (if it's a 2nd offense), he should be serving time (if it's a 2nd offense), because I believe that is what the law prescribes.

As for the anti-semitic remarks, I find them offensive too, But isn't it strange how many have suddenly become sensitive to the feelings of Jews so they can bash Mel Gibson. Strange because many of those people don't feel that Israel has a right to exist. And that the Jews are the cause of all the problems in the Mid East (and elsewhere). Oh, they don't say "the fucking Jews", instead they say "the poor Palestinians" , "the Israelis are murderers" and "disproportionate response" but you get the hint!

P.S. Oh and by the way, since we're talking about hate. This is a good time for all you Catholic and Christian bashers to take a good look at what you say about our priests and our faith. There isn't much that separates what you say about Christianity and what Mel Gibson said about Jews. And don't give me "well we only say things about the religious fundamentalists" shit, either. Because no one can say "those Orthodox Jew bastards are running the Republican Party and trying to force their religion on everyone, and running the White House, etc etc." and not be branded an anti-semitic Nazi. Evangelical Christians, whether you like them or not, are still Christians and hatred of the Catholic Church is hatred of Catholics. If you aren't a Catholic, you don't understand how personally many of us take those remarks of yours.

dilloduck wrote:
No doubt we should be concerned--I beginning to doubt there is much we can do to shape the media however. Americans are becoming too apathetic and ignorant.

Actually, I'm clinging to a bit of hope. Young people are reading and talking more on the Internet than ever before. The old newspaper and tv news outlets are sufferring from increasingly poor ratings...due to a combination of the Internet and people getting fed up with being told how to feel about issues rather than simply getting facts about the issues.

I agree that Americans, for the most part, are apathetic and ignorant. But I'm not quite ready to give up on them just yet. ;)

Gem said:
dilloduck wrote:

Actually, I'm clinging to a bit of hope. Young people are reading and talking more on the Internet than ever before. The old newspaper and tv news outlets are sufferring from increasingly poor ratings...due to a combination of the Internet and people getting fed up with being told how to feel about issues rather than simply getting facts about the issues.

I agree that Americans, for the most part, are apathetic and ignorant. But I'm not quite ready to give up on them just yet. ;)

We can always hope ! Here's to our youth :beer: May they do better than we did !

The general public will forgive Mel after he makes the rounds on the early morning talk shows apologizeing.

Hollywood will forgive Mel because he makes them money.

Whole thing should blow over in a couple weeks.

Gem said:
dilloduck wrote:

We have all seen something happen, or condition that exists, that makes us pissed off. Why doesn't the paper, or CH69 cover this story I am so upset about??? We ask ourselves and then we ask members of the media as to why certain important stories go untold. Even if juicy FACTs are laid at their doorsteps, the kind of tidbits that would get the old gumshoes salivating back in the 50's. Their blank expressions, or the rolling of the eyes usually means it just won't happen.

So, after a while, we who use computers rely on ourselves to get info up and out to the public. Many still don't read our verbage. Many have never figured out how to wander out of AOLs grip to the internet. So, it will probably take more time.

Forum List

Back