Meghan Kelly to be fired from MSNBC for saying that blackface

I never saw black folks in white face. Did they act like monkeys and clowns, too?

You never saw this movie?

white-chicks.png

This is stupidity in hyper-drive. What Megyn Kelly said was absolutely true and there was nothing "insensitive" about it.

Of course telling the truth gets you into trouble nowadays since the sheeple don't want to hear it and prefer to run around with their hair on fire being "offended".

If Megyn Kelly had ANY guts at all she would have told those who were offended to go fuck themselves instead of apologizing.

""the costume police are cracking down” on Halloween outfits. “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween,” Ms. Kelly said. “Back when I was a kid, that was O.K., as long as you were dressing up as a character.” -- Megyn Kelly telling the truth (for a change)
I never saw black folks in white face. Did they act like monkeys and clowns, too?

It happens, but it's been awhile. Check out the movie called "white girls". This is about the most stupid thing to ever be an issue.
It is strange how the Left picks who among them must go, for committing PC transgressions.

Bill bj Clinton told Fat Teddy Big Ears would be serving us coffee...or Biden calling BO a clean black man...these comments didn’t harm their careers.

This is stupidity in hyper-drive. What Megyn Kelly said was absolutely true and there was nothing "insensitive" about it.

Of course telling the truth gets you into trouble nowadays since the sheeple don't want to hear it and prefer to run around with their hair on fire being "offended".

If Megyn Kelly had ANY guts at all she would have told those who were offended to go fuck themselves instead of apologizing.

""the costume police are cracking down” on Halloween outfits. “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween,” Ms. Kelly said. “Back when I was a kid, that was O.K., as long as you were dressing up as a character.” -- Megyn Kelly telling the truth (for a change)

Sure you have.

I dunno, I found both of these hilarious. Never occurred to me to be "offended".

There’s a difference between characters like that and mocking black people like this:

Exactly. That's the difference between character and caricature, which is the distinction Kelly was drawing. The latter is mocking, the former simply portraying. It's clearly possible to engage in the former without engaging in the latter. I've done it myself, several Hallowe'ens ago.

Republicans don’t understand because they’re naturally racist.

That's a double blanket generalization, and as such, bullshit and dismissed. :eusa_hand:

Meghan [sic] Kelly to be fired from MSNBC

Ummm.... you can't be "fired" by an entity you don't work for.

Why should I be surprised, you can't even spell her name.
NBC MSNBC same krap

Enjoy the unemployed bitch

Your own OP contradicts your own thread title.

Enjoy your abject inability to spell the most basic terms, Cult of Ignorance.

Meghan [sic] Kelly to be fired from MSNBC

Ummm.... you can't be "fired" by an entity you don't work for.

Why should I be surprised, you can't even spell her name.
NBC MSNBC same krap

Enjoy the unemployed bitch

Your own OP contradicts your own thread title.

Enjoy your abject inability to spell the most basic terms, Cult of Ignorance.
Lol enjoy your blackface jokes

Butt hurt cry babies never tire of looking stupid.

I dunno, I found both of these hilarious. Never occurred to me to be "offended".

Obviously your levels of PC are dangerously low, please proceed to your nearest re-education center for treatment before you offend somebody.;)

"You passed out cigarettes for a smoke-a-thon on Earth Day. You installed speed bumps on the handicapped ramps and, most recently, you dumped 100 pounds of meat on a peaceful vegan protest!" -- President Garcia-Thompson, PCU

Sure you have.

OMG! I never knew Eddie Murphy was Saul the Jewish guy!

You've seen black face, right? You didn't find it insulting to blacks?

Sure you have.

Seems Kelly never did see it

What a dumbass

WTF, you've never seen Rachel Dolezal?
th

You ever hear of a singer named Al Jolson?

WTF, you've never seen Rachel Dolezal?
th
She stuck her finger in a light socket, Stayed overtime in the tanning booth, and BOOM, instant blackness.

Sure you have.

Depends on what we mean by "blackface". If it's the minstrel show crapola, of course. That's meant to be demeaning. "Blackface" itself is a makeup, so it's a neutral term.

On the other hand as I pointed out yesterday several Hallowee'ns ago my female friends in New Orleans dressed me up as Ernie K-Doe (in blackface). They took a lot of time on it and did a bang-up job. Nobody recognized me. I didn't even recognize me. Then we all went out to Frenchmen Street (where all the action is on Hallowe'en) and exhibited me. Everybody, absolutely everybody, thought it was hilarious and nobody got 'offended'.

Of course I wasn't adopting any weird gyrations or exclamations either --- that would have been caricature. It was simply a Hallowe'en costume like anybody else's, and a damn good one. I was a model and not a caricature.

(This was the real Ernie K-Doe at his club. He's since passed away but I knew him then)

iu

On the other hand that was New Orleans where people are much less hung up on this sort of thing and the white and black divisions are far more flimsy. In other words people are more real about it.

From what I gather this version --- the portrayal of a character, just as one would portray a witch or a pirate or a monster --- is what Megyn Kelly was referring to. I don't see an issue with it. But I do see an issue with mobs shaming other people into what they can or cannot look like when no offense was intended.

No one has a right to not be offended -- except blacks

You ever hear of a singer named Al Jolson?

Gee thanks blabber mouth; giving away my Halloween Costume for this year....:mad:

… Back to the Anti-PC drawing board.

I don't guess a lot of people outside New Orleans would remember who Ernie K-Doe was.

But in that city he was an icon.

In a related thought --- wasn't Barack O'bama played by Fred Armisen on SNL for 8 years?

Forum List

Back