Meghan Kelly to be fired from MSNBC for saying that blackface

This is stupidity in hyper-drive. What Megyn Kelly said was absolutely true and there was nothing "insensitive" about it.

Of course telling the truth gets you into trouble nowadays since the sheeple don't want to hear it and prefer to run around with their hair on fire being "offended".

If Megyn Kelly had ANY guts at all she would have told those who were offended to go fuck themselves instead of apologizing.

""the costume police are cracking down” on Halloween outfits. “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween,” Ms. Kelly said. “Back when I was a kid, that was O.K., as long as you were dressing up as a character.” -- Megyn Kelly telling the truth (for a change)
I never saw black folks in white face. Did they act like monkeys and clowns, too?
No one has a right to not be offended -- except blacks
We all have the right to be offended

This is typical Fox News garbage. What they are talking about is ending her morning show and having her do more hard news. Kelly herself wants to do this. Essentially what you have is fake news by Fox News. Haedly surprising.

Blackface and whiteface is wrong and there is no real reason to do it. Being non-PC does not give you a license to be obnoxious or insensitive.

Megyn Kelly Expected to End NBC Morning Show

You ever hear of a singer named Al Jolson?

Gee thanks blabber mouth; giving away my Halloween Costume for this year....:mad:

… Back to the Anti-PC drawing board.

I don't guess a lot of people outside New Orleans would remember who Ernie K-Doe was.

But in that city he was an icon.

In a related thought --- wasn't Barack O'bama played by Fred Armisen on SNL for 8 years?

That's tempting but I've come up with a perfect alternative costume, GUARANTEED to offend just about everybody in the PC Crowd....

This year, I'm going as Straight, White, Christian Male and for the pièce de résistance, I'm gonna wear a MAGA Hat.

This is typical Fox News garbage. What they are talking about is ending her morning show and having her do more hard news. Kelly herself wants to do this. Essentially what you have is fake news by Fox News. Haedly surprising.

Blackface and whiteface is wrong and there is no real reason to do it. Being non-PC does not give you a license to be obnoxious or insensitive.

Wrong her current show is in reruns because she is not allowed in the building. Even her talent agency fired her

Hehehe

I didn't even notice that the OP linked a story from -------------- her former employer.

Why am I not surprised.

What did Megyn think would happen when she defected? She's getting what she deserves.

Kelly must be stupid if she thought with her low ratings she could make such a comment. I'm around the same age as Kelly and honestly don't remember kids dressing up in customs that required black or white face.

I didn't even notice that the OP linked a story from -------------- her former employer.

Why am I not surprised.
Is Kelly in the NBC building now?

Yawning

Liberals are just too soft and sensitive. This is the result of the liberal elite's plan to dumb a spoiled public down, so that they're easily controlled. It's just that simple.

Maybe Megyn meant it innocently. "Blackface" is a loaded term, though, and associated with a lot of racist, insulting and ugly stereotyping and mocking of black people that they find offensive.
Putting on makeup to appear black is not "blackface." That is not what people are objecting to.

Kelly’s ratings are terrible and she spent most of her career making a mockery of journalism on Fox News. Her firing is long overdue.

That’s where I am on it. The statement was much ado about nothing. MSNBC isn’t going to be able to putting a ratings face on anyone from the right wing media except maybe Shep Smith.

Maybe Megyn meant it innocently. "Blackface" is a loaded term, though, and associated with a lot of racist, insulting and ugly stereotyping and mocking of black people that they find offensive.
Putting on makeup to appear black is not "blackface." That is not what people are objecting to.
Look old lady take your alzheimers pills already

This is stupidity in hyper-drive. What Megyn Kelly said was absolutely true and there was nothing "insensitive" about it.

Of course telling the truth gets you into trouble nowadays since the sheeple don't want to hear it and prefer to run around with their hair on fire being "offended".

If Megyn Kelly had ANY guts at all she would have told those who were offended to go fuck themselves instead of apologizing.

""the costume police are cracking down” on Halloween outfits. “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween,” Ms. Kelly said. “Back when I was a kid, that was O.K., as long as you were dressing up as a character.” -- Megyn Kelly telling the truth (for a change)
I never saw black folks in white face. Did they act like monkeys and clowns, too?

You've never been to a Zulu parade.

Really? You never saw a black man in white face. You missed Eddie Murphy on SNL in white face. He was hilarious.

She was overrated when she was hired.

I never cared that much for her on Fox.
She was Ok, but at best she was a moderate.
NBC offered her daytime work and she jumped
at that and the money.

But she also pissed off a bunch of folks at Fox, while she was there.

Forum List

Back