Mega Preachers With Private Jets

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

I know what he means. Having flown private jet it really is the only way to fly.

But how does creepy Mr Copeland get away with this ?

Excellent question! One I ask myself every time a jet setting global warming alarmist lectures me on personal sacrifice...or an elected official bemoaning the plight of the poor from the safety of chauffeured limousine.

Difference being...when the Copelands, et al pass the collection plate you can simply pass it by - try that with the tax man.

It is hilarious when they roll up to those 'global Warming Conferences' in big limos from the airport where they parked their private jets.

The biggest difference between American evangelists and the European variety ... ours haven't literally burned anyone at the stake.

Inquisition-4-1c3f01f.jpg

Yes they have - The Salem Witch Trials.

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

I know what he means. Having flown private jet it really is the only way to fly.

Years of practice playing the six-string heart.
I think we only have to read this thread to see how they get away with it.

What do you care, Tommy? Muslim extremists not giving you enough to worry about in Europe?

I wish you all could see how obvious the projection is

The only projection I see is people claiming to be Christian while attacking and bullying someone. I’ve never seen Christians do something like that before.

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

What do you care, Tommy? Muslim extremists not giving you enough to worry about in Europe?

The only projection I see is people claiming to be Christian while attacking and bullying someone. I’ve never seen Christians do something like that before.

"Bullying", yes. We are supposed to take anything, abide anything, just so long as we don't "bully".

Here's some "bullying" for you, Bible-style, Dragonlady. Take it up with Jesus Christ. Matthew 23:33

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

"Bullying", yes. We are supposed to take anything, abide anything, just so long as we don't "bully".

Here's some "bullying" for you, Bible-style, Dragonlady. Take it up with Jesus Christ. Matthew 23:33

Get some help crazy Sue.

Get some help crazy Sue.

Tommy can you explain why American Evangelicals flying jets bother you so much? Do they pose a real problem in your life?

Instead you know what you should be worried about?

Islam.

Can you not comprehend this? Tommy?

The biggest difference between American evangelists and the European variety ... ours haven't literally burned anyone at the stake.

Yes they have - The Salem Witch Trials.

Actually, they were hung.

So I learned recently...and only a few at that. (not that one wasn't too many) Interesting illustration of how much clout the media and Hollywood have on perpetuating myths...and how unthinkingly we accept them. :)

Other religious leaders and civil leaders, personalities all have private jets at their disposal. The President of the United States has had a private jet at his disposal 24/7 for many decades. I don't know what Rev. Copeland's travel schedule looks like, but it could easily justify the expense and be a lot less expensive than chartering jets or booking large blocks of tickets for commercial travel by his entourage.

But I'm not a donor to Rev. Copeland's ministry, who am I to question?

Here in America, we have freedom of religion, that's why so many of our ancestors came here in the first place.

Jesus and the 12 Apostles traveled by burro, at least that was what is commonly assumed today. But they didn't have jets back then, and Peter didn't have to make it to China next week and Jesus didn't have to travel to America either (although our Mormon friends would disagree with that)

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

Excellent question! One I ask myself every time a jet setting global warming alarmist lectures me on personal sacrifice...or an elected official bemoaning the plight of the poor from the safety of chauffeured limousine.

Difference being...when the Copelands, et al pass the collection plate you can simply pass it by - try that with the tax man.
Exactly....Beat me to it. :)

The real problem that our liberal friends have with guys like Rev. Copeland aren't the the jets they have or their supposed standards of living.

After all, liberal leaders- including liberal religious leaders- have similar private transportation arrangements and homes.

The problem is that Libs don't like Rev. Copeland because he's seen as a damnable heretic in their eyes. Guys like Copeland have the audacity to believe and repeat "heresies" like the sanctity of Human Life in the womb and marriage is between a man and a broad. That goes against liberal orthodoxy, that can't be tolerated.

Leftist preachers live high on the hog too, but they honor the standard religious left dogma, so their own expenses aren't put under a microscope.

Other religious leaders and civil leaders, personalities all have private jets at their disposal. The President of the United States has had a private jet at his disposal 24/7 for many decades. I don't know what Rev. Copeland's travel schedule looks like, but it could easily justify the expense and be a lot less expensive than chartering jets or booking large blocks of tickets for commercial travel by his entourage.

Here in America, we have freedom of religion, that's why so many of our ancestors came here in the first place.

Jesus and the 12 Apostles traveled by burro, at least that was what is commonly assumed today. But they didn't have jets back then, and Peter didn't have to make it to China next week and Jesus didn't have to travel to America either (although our Mormon friends would disagree with that)

Actually "questioning it" is fine. Discussing, approving or disapproving of the actions of public figures is quite ok.

BUT, Tommy wanted to know, "how he get away with this?" implying that he thinks someone should stop him.

Tommy really is a communist want a be mass murderer. He would like to see such people re-educated in the worst sense of the word, if not just out right executed as enemies of the "People".

BUT, Tommy wanted to know, "how he get away with this?" implying that he thinks someone should stop him.

Good point!

Seldom do collectivists complain about the lifestyle of parasitic government bureaucrats. They are selective about choosing whose lifestyles to complain about - especially their ideological comrades in Hollywood.

There is a distinct difference between voluntary contributions that enrich corporate heads, athletes, movies stars, preachers, etc. and the forced contributions by-threat-of-law that enriches elected officials. If I don't like Bill Gates I don't have to buy his product - but if I don't like my governor - I still must contribute to his salary.

Good point!

Seldom do collectivists complain about the lifestyle of parasitic government bureaucrats. They are selective about choosing whose lifestyles to complain about - especially their ideological comrades in Hollywood.

There is a distinct difference between voluntary contributions that enrich corporate heads, athletes, movies stars, preachers, etc. and the forced contributions by-threat-of-law that enriches elected officials. If I don't like Bill Gates I don't have to buy his product - but if I don't like my governor - I still must contribute to his salary.

I once was asked what I thought Bill Gates should do with his money. My response was that he should build a pyramid, to make the point that it is his fucking money, and he can do whatever he fucking wants with it because it is his fucking RIGHT to do so.

Actually "questioning it" is fine. Discussing, approving or disapproving of the actions of public figures is quite ok.

Tommy really is a communist want a be mass murderer. He would like to see such people re-educated in the worst sense of the word, if not just out right executed as enemies of the "People".

Tommy was last seen being mad at Russia for cutting a gay scene out of the Elton John movie.

Tommy lives in the UK

Let the irony of that just sink in

Yet......................................

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

Of course Copeland is creepy because he's one of those awful American evangelicals

The radical Muslims? meh

Really.

So instead of blindly saying someone you don't like is "bad", do you care to explain why?

I thought not.

Forum List

Back