Mega Preachers With Private Jets

The biggest difference between American evangelists and the European variety ... ours haven't literally burned anyone at the stake.

Inquisition-4-1c3f01f.jpg

Yes they have - The Salem Witch Trials.

Sorry to have to disagree on one historical point. No one was burned. They hanged the Proctors, Rebecca Nurse, and all of the others except for Giles Corey, whom they crushed to death with heavy stones at Salem. It is said that his last words were "more weight."

Not related to the Salem massacre, they hanged four Quakers on Boston Common. Such a lovely bunch of people.

The biggest difference between American evangelists and the European variety ... ours haven't literally burned anyone at the stake.

Yet......................................

I think I'm more concerned about the Religious Left in this country than evangelicals.

The Religious Leftists like Jim Wallis and Gene Robinson are pretty quick to condemn anyone who is in favor of Life or marriage between a man and a broad as a "misogynist" and/or "homophobe".

Sorry to have to disagree on one historical point. No one was burned. They hanged the Proctors, Rebecca Nurse, and all of the others except for Giles Corey, whom they crushed to death with heavy stones at Salem. It is said that his last words were "more weight."

Not related to the Salem massacre, they hanged four Quakers on Boston Common. Such a lovely bunch of people.

It was terrible. Those Puritans sure worked themselves into a Moral Panic, did they not?

People love Moral Panics in 2019 too. You're especially prone to them, hysterical one. Thankfully, the only violence that ensues is when anyone DARES to wear a Make America Great Again hat.

It was terrible. Those Puritans sure worked themselves into a Moral Panic, did they not?

People love Moral Panics in 2019 too. You're especially prone to them, hysterical one. Thankfully, the only violence that ensues is when anyone DARES to wear a Make America Great Again hat.

We know that you are a member of a sick cult that combines a version of "Christianity" that has no Jesus in it, hatred for just about everybody, weird politics, and an obsession with sex and penis worship. Not a pretty picture. And you feel compelled to shriek about Muslims every day when the discussion is about what is happening here in the U.S. with other religions. What is your obsession?

I'm waiting for pat robertson to find some way of blaming the tornados and flooding on "the gays." Maybe your beloved frankie will beat him to it.

What new words have you learned from your masters? "Virtue signalling" just cracked me up.

I'm waiting for pat robertson to find some way of blaming the tornados and flooding on "the gays." Maybe your beloved frankie will beat him to it.

What new words have you learned from your masters? "Virtue signalling" just cracked me up.

A lot of Christian theologians disagree with the Religious Left and believe that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, not Adam and Steve.

I can understand if you are a leftist fundamentalist and you insist on the sanctity of homosexuality. But you really shouldn't condemn someone because they reject your idea of orthodoxy.

Ψ ۞ ۩ on Twitter

I know what he means. Having flown private jet it really is the only way to fly.

But how does creepy Mr Copeland get away with this ?
They are all corrupt and have their greasy little fingers in the GOP up to their elbows.

If Rev. Copeland were to embrace liberalism, abortion and gay marriage, he would be praised by the same folks who condemn him now.

The fact that he has his own jet wouldn't even come into the equation.

A lot of Christian theologians disagree with the Religious Left and believe that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, not Adam and Steve.

I can understand if you are a leftist fundamentalist and you insist on the sanctity of homosexuality. But you really shouldn't condemn someone because they reject your idea of orthodoxy.

I don''t know what a "leftist fundamentalist is. There is no "sanctity" of any orientation. "Theologians" are just opinion-makers. They don't know any more than the rest of us. What I am "condemn[ing] them for is their instance on bothering and interfering with others. There is no excuse for behaving like a jerk.

I don't think that there actually was a Garden of Eden. It's an ancient story of humans in the Middle East trying to explain their origins.

These beliefs of Biblical inerrancy and infallibility are a real stretch.

In any event, stop trying to be in charge of LGBTs. Your only worry is your own soul. They can take care of their's.

BTW: this is not a "battle of theologians." It doesn't work and it turned Europe into hell for centuries. Everybody's got their seminaries.

You're telling me.

I just get a kick out of CNN hosts crying like babies saying how Trump is such a lying, womanizing, prick and how we need someone with some moral fiber in the White House once again.

Funny stuff

People in Salem, MA might disagree with you

We covered that. Salem witches were hung, not burned.

Is one more dead than the other?

Metaphysically?

However... the original assertion that no American religious authorities have burned people at the stake remains valid. Burning at the stake ... a religious ritual conducted an untold number of times in Europe, didn't make it to the shores of the new world.

As far as Salem Witch Trials go ... these were conducted in the pre-USA British Colony of Massachusetts.

Since the founding of the USA, no religious authority has had people executed for their religious beliefs.

Last edited:

We know that you are a member of a sick cult that combines a version of "Christianity" that has no Jesus in it, hatred for just about everybody, weird politics, and an obsession with sex and penis worship..

You're not married are you hysterical one? Have you ever been married?

Ultimately she's really angry because I am obviously happy and she is not.

Forum List

Back