Media Matters for America linked with anti-American, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera network

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you?
Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

I'll give you a moment to get over the shock.
It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

Of course, because it offers a relatively moderate and tempered view of the Muslim world it's prevented from being broadcast in almost every part of the United States.
I'm sure you believe that's the reason.

So tell me, Dave - why do YOU believe it's not carried in most places in the US? And if it's not carried on your cable provider, where have you viewed it?

It's dangerous propaganda that is coming from outside this country, that is intended to hurt this country. Their coverage is all over the net.

Moderate view? It's impossible to cover the Arab muslim world in any fair context without reporting on radicalism that is in every corner.

Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

I'll give you a moment to get over the shock.

I'm sure you believe that's the reason.

So tell me, Dave - why do YOU believe it's not carried in most places in the US? And if it's not carried on your cable provider, where have you viewed it?

It's dangerous propaganda that is coming from outside this country, that is intended to hurt this country. Their coverage is all over the net.
I'll chalk you up as yet another who has never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your life. It's not propaganda anymore than Fox news is US propaganda. It brings a very Arab-centric, middle eastern perspective because, well...It's a news station in the arab world based out of the middle east.

And it's origin was based on countering the propaganda being propagated by Arab government news sources.

I'll chalk you up as yet another who has never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your life. It's not propaganda anymore than Fox news is US propaganda. It brings a very Arab-centric, middle eastern perspective because, well...It's a news station in the arab world based out of the middle east.

And it's origin was based on countering the propaganda being propagated by Arab government news sources.

Honestly, I have never watched the network, but I've watched the evil foxnews soundbytes amongst others and watched youtube clips. What i've seen was coruption, not bias.

Just because it was originated as an enemy to a certain propaganda, doesn't mean it is not propaganda.

Honestly, I have never watched the network, but I've watched the evil foxnews sound bytes

That explains a lot. a WHOLE lot.

Imagine what an Arab's view of Fox News would be if I put together a soundbite consisting of the "terrorist fist bump" claim and a night of Hannity.

Honestly, I have never watched the network, but I've watched the evil foxnews sound bytes

Imagine what an Arab's view of Fox News would be if I put together a soundbite consisting of the "terrorist fist bump" claim and a

let me give you an example. When Israel had the floatila incident, there are definately two sides to that story, but that network never showed Israeli footage of soldiers being attacked when they boarded the ship. That's not bias, it's corruption and propaganda.

if there's a conspiracy to marginalize the moderate muslim world...who's behined that conspiracy?

Imagine what an Arab's view of Fox News would be if I put together a soundbite consisting of the "terrorist fist bump" claim and a

let me give you an example. When Israel had the floatila incident, there are definately two sides to that story, but that network never showed Israeli footage of soldiers being attacked when they boarded the ship. That's not bias, it's corruption and propaganda.

Here's al Jazeera's coverage of the flotilla incident.

The video you're talking about is about halfway down the page.

Whoops. Got another "example"?

Whoops you didn't post the video. Is it the Israeli army video or is it Al Jazeera's?

Whoops you didn't post the video. Is it the Israeli army video or is it Al Jazeera's?

Shit. Sorry. :redface:

Here's the link.
Live coverage: Israel's flotilla raid | Al Jazeera Blogs

It's the IDF video.

Media matters what a bunch of whack jobs:cuckoo:

Media Matters for America is linked with Al-Jazeera, the anti-American and anti-Israeli cable news channel, The Daily Caller has learned.

Media Matters Action Network senior foreign policy fellow MJ Rosenberg’s column for the liberal organization regularly appears on Al-Jazeera’s website and, in 2010, Rosenberg represented Media Matters at a forum hosted by Al-Jazeera in Doha, Qatar where he praised the news outlet as “mainstream.”

Media Matters Action Network is part of the organization’s political arm.

According to two Daily Caller sources, the then-director general of Al-Jazeera, Wadah Khanfar, also visited Media Matters’ offices in Washington in 2010 and met with the organization’s two top leaders, David Brock and Eric Burns.

Representing Media Matters at the first Al-Jazeera “Unplugged” forum on social media at the Sheraton Hotel & Resort in Doha on May 22, 2010, Rosenberg explained that Khanfar invited him to the forum during a meeting in Washington earlier that year.

In his stunning speech at the forum, Rosenberg praised Al-Jazeera as a “mainstream network,” bashed Fox News, suggested that the U.S. government intentionally bombed an Al-Jazeera bureau and expressed unreserved joy that President Obama was treating Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu so poorly.

Yes, I applaud too. Which means people from the United States government go on Al-Jazeera. This is very significant. Under the Bush administration, Al-Jazeera was boycotted by the United — it was worse than boycotted: As you well know, it was bombed by orders of the United States government.”
Read more: Media Matters | Al-Jazeera | MJ Rosenberg | Israel | The Daily Caller

I think you would find this "letter to MJ" from an old friend most interesting. He just smokes the ever loving crap out of him in this open letter at JPost.

Congratulations on your son Nicholas's wedding, (Jerusalem Post, April 18). It seems only yesterday, and not 30 years, that we were neighbors on Riley Road in suburban Washington, our kids played together and we worked together at AIPAC.

The three kids you once knew now have three more siblings, born here in Israel after we made aliya. The three kids you once knew are all married to Jewish spouses with their own children, living near us here in Gush Etzion.

Yes, we are living in areas Israel reclaimed in the 1967 war. Like your Israeli cousins, they are "on the Right." Our oldest recovered from a terrorist attack six years ago without any physical scars.

Yes, we are living in areas Israel reclaimed in the 1967 war. Like your Israeli cousins, they are "on the Right."

Our oldest recovered from a terrorist attack six years ago without any physical scars. Our four boys and our son-in-law have all served in combat units.

Two of them followed me and became army medics. They have fought in Lebanon and in various cities in Judea and Samaria. One is on active duty today.

You claim that you have "a real hesitancy about telling your cousins what they should or shouldn't do with their lives." But that's exactly what you do. Sitting in suburban Washington, you have become a spokesperson for the "Appeasement Lobby," calling for Israeli concessions while sanctimoniously wrapping your misinformation in images of Israel's military cemeteries and the Holocaust.

Shame on you.

You attack hawks such as Daniel Pipes for sitting 6,000 miles away "constantly pressing Israel to fight rather than yield territory." But, when the appeasement lobby calls on Israel to make concession after unanswered concession from the safety of your 6,000 miles, you call that "promoting policies that will help Israel achieve peace and security."

What hypocrisy.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Rest of MJ getting his ass handed to him at link.

To MJ Rosenberg - JPost - Jewish World

How do you know this to be the case? Did you watch all the footage?

Of course not! Fox News told you and you accepted it as fact.

I posted a link to an al-Jazeera blog that included the IDF video...

Here's the link.

It's the IDF video.

I can admit to being wrong in this case. I do remember specificaly hearing of different tapes, and the IDF verison not being shown by Al Jazeera. I still might be right, but clearly online in english, they are showing the evidence the Israelis have.

As a matter of fact I do have an example I can think of...Didn't it take them an unusual amount of time to confirm Bin Laden's death?? I

I remember the talk in the media of how the Arabs are reporting this, and the critisim that followed...The diferent videos was the center of the contraversy.

Here's the link.

It's the IDF video.

I can admit to being wrong in this case. I do remember specificaly hearing of different tapes, and the IDF verison not being shown by Al Jazeera. I still might be right, but clearly online in english, they are showing the evidence the Israelis have.
That's good, and rare on message boards.
:eusa_clap:

As a matter of fact I do have an example I can think of...Didn't it take them an unusual amount of time to confirm Bin Laden's death?? I

Another live blog from al-Jazeera (or however it's supposed to be spelled).
Live blog: Reaction to Bin Laden's death | Al Jazeera Blogs

Seems to have started on 5/2/2011 at 4:03 AM, GMT +3

Looks pretty immediate to me.

I can't except anything fox tells me for fact?

MJ Rosenberg is so full of himself he actually stated in a speech that he was hired by Media Matters to assist them in stopping a war with Iran. I mean, bite me. What an egomaniac. And the rest of the maniacs are the same as him.

I'm calling it quits for tonight, but I'm fairly sure at one point he was actually contributing to AJ. I'll try to get a link to that tomorrow.

Here's the quote that will blow you away and prove what a power tripping blowhard this pompous asswipe and his cohorts at MM are

“[Media Matters] is an amazing organization that is in the business of monitoring right-wing propaganda...until I got there they did not have any; they did nothing on foreign policy,” Rosenberg would tell an audience at the Palestine Center in Washington a year later on September 23, 2010.

“They made this decision to hire me and hire me with my views because they wanted to be involved with this issue. They wanted to be involved in the Palestinian issue.

They want to be involved in stopping war with Iran. And this is a big thing.”

Media Matters takes on Israel - JPost - Opinion - Op-Eds

so who is behind the conspiracy??

Last edited:
Someone is curiously absent from this thread. I wonder why she hasn't posted here? She's defended Media Matters in the past.:confused:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRFRpQL5wY]Al Jazeera - Terrorist Mouthpiece or Window to the Middle East? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back