Media Matters for America linked with anti-American, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera network

You ever watch Al-Jazeera?

It's more like the BBC. It just covers the Arab world.

who me?

I use their website myself, but only when getting more sources for stories from the region.

al jezeera is so sophisticated, worldly and objective

it can help us to "understand" the muslim world better...............lol

i know you are being sarcastic but you are correct in your second comment....watching them/reading them does provide insight into the mindset and opinions of the muslim world.

No..not you.

You are actually one of the more level headed posters here.

Man.

I remember following some of Al-Jazeera's coverage after 911....yeah good stuff lol, real balanced lol.

I love how people who have never actually watched Al Jazeera are convinced it's completely biased television news...all because they were told this by their elders at Fox News.

Try watching it sometime.

No way. Watch it? You crazy man. It an association game. You see it has an Al in front. Righties can't stand that. Reminds them of Al Gore or Al Sharpton.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqrKejQTynk]Paul Simon: Call me Al, concert zimbabwe / South Africa - YouTube[/ame]

You raise a very good point about the "AL" at the beginning. Perhaps more people would be willing to consider the station if they changed the name to Ron Jazeera or Al Jazeereagan.

Al Jazeera is one regular cable in my hometown. I believe it's one of the only places in America where it's carried, which is really unfortunate. There was a move to get it taken off the air here, but cooler and rational heads prevailed.

Most libs and most muslims hate the Jews....so it is natural they align in the media to takedown the Jews and the US.
I recall Nixon and Billy Graham having a conversation that was anti semitic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Jazeera is more respected than Fox Noise, shyttehead.
Yes, by retarded leftists.

Normal people -- not so much. But, hey, if you like the viewpoints of a terrorist propaganda organization, knock yourself out.

Now you're full of shat, I watch al-Jazeera over here, never heard them express viewpoints of terrorist organization as in supporting it.
Uh huh. And you're such an unbiased reporter of fact yourself. :cuckoo:

The daily caller? Why say no more!

If ever there was a stalwart defender of all that is decent, it's the Daily Caller. Founded by that CRACK journalist, Tucker Carlson....the guy who got owned by Jon Stewart.

Jebus. Tucker's probably pissed that he got turned down by Al-Jizzera for a anchor job so he wrote a hatchet piece on them.

Grow up.
Media matters simply records what you CONZ say. If you don't like it, don't blame them. Blame yourselves. But when have you EVER taken responsibility for ANYTHING you've done?
You misspelled "I'm a dumbass!!"

I love how people who have never actually watched Al Jazeera are convinced it's completely biased television news...all because they were told this by their elders at Fox News.

And you believe it's unbiased because AJ told you so.

No, I believe it's relatively unbiased because I watch it and compare it to what's being said in other places. It's obviously supportive of the Middle East in general for the same reason US media is supportive of the US.

there is practically nothing new to learn about the muslim world that we havent known for decades.................

really i basically learned most of what I know of the middle east and muslim cultures since 9/11.

My views have evolved and changed a lot over time as I take in more information and see varying views and opinions coming out of the region and the cultures there.

What is it that you have known for decades that I have not?

That Islam is a bigoted, corrupt, closed-minded, uneducated, infantile, violent, self important, 8th century, shift blaming, rotting, mythologized, ill governed, uncompetitive, oppressive, unlawful, lazy, intolerant, tribal bunch of neanderthal zealots that all adds up to a bankrupt, failed civilization..................

Actually, I liked what someone who was impersonating George Patton sent me in an e-mail:

Millions of these warped misled sons-of-bitches are plotting, as we speak, to destroy our country and our way of life any way they can.

Some of them are here among us now.

They don't want to convert you and don't want to rule you. They believe you are a vile infestation of Allah's paradise. They don't give a shit how "progressive" you are, how peace-loving you are, or how much you sympathize with their cause.

They want your ass dead, and they think it is God's will for them to do it.

Some think if we give them a hug or listen to them, then they'll like us, and if you agree -Then you are a pathetic dumb ass!

If they manage to get their hands on a nuke,chemical agents, or even some anthrax -- you will wish to God we had hunted them down and killed THEM while we had the chance.

How many more Americans must be beheaded? You've fallen asleep AGAIN - get your head out of your ass! You may never get another chance!

I don't know whether there is any connection via organizational structure or just through the people involved between Media Matters and Al Jazeera or not. If there is that would bother me a lot less than what I do know about Media Matters which is that it is a mostly George Soros funded propaganda machine using the Saul Alinsky model to destroy any of America and/or the people in it who oppose or get in the way of implementation of that model. And it will use any means, however unfair or unethical, to do that.

So many are finally catching on to that, however, look for Media Matters, like Acorn, to fade into oblivion soon and re-emerge in a shiny new package and under a shiny new name.

Last edited:

No, I believe it's relatively unbiased because I watch it and compare it to what's being said in other places. It's obviously supportive of the Middle East in general for the same reason US media is supportive of the US.
No, it's supportive of the Arab/Muslim world.

You know, not Israel.

You know, not Israel.

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you? It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

Of course, because it offers a relatively moderate and tempered view of the Muslim world it's prevented from being broadcast in almost every part of the United States.

You know, not Israel.
And Israel is unbiased?

You know, not Israel.

Which is okay because it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Just like the Jewish World Review is going to generally be supportive of Israel much more than it will be supportive of the Arab/Muslim world. Both however provide pretty good coverage for what they are, though Al Jazeera is not likely to report much on Arab propaganda targeting Israel for obliteration.

You know, not Israel.

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you?
Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

I'll give you a moment to get over the shock.
It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

Of course, because it offers a relatively moderate and tempered view of the Muslim world it's prevented from being broadcast in almost every part of the United States.
I'm sure you believe that's the reason.

You know, not Israel.
And Israel is unbiased?
Is Israel a news outlet?

Do try to keep up. AJ focuses on the Arab/Muslim world, not the Middle East.

You know, not Israel.

Which is okay because it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Just like the Jewish World Review is going to generally be supportive of Israel much more than it will be supportive of the Arab/Muslim world. Both however provide pretty good coverage for what they are, though Al Jazeera is not likely to report much on Arab propaganda targeting Israel for obliteration.
My point exactly. :thup:

You know, not Israel.

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you?
Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

I'll give you a moment to get over the shock.
It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

I'm sure you believe that's the reason.

So tell me, Dave - why do YOU believe it's not carried in most places in the US? And if it's not carried on your cable provider, where have you viewed it?

Forum List

Back