Media Matters for America linked with anti-American, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera network

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKTS9kIltQY]Liberal Alan Dershowitz: "Obama Will Lose Election Because of AntiSemitic Media Matters" - YouTube[/ame]

Murdoch's SKY News coverage of Shock and Awe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neDgVb9YHcA]Sky News - Shock & Awe Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

BBC coverage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaU3ZiBmGw&feature=related]BBC LIVE ON BAGHDAD TRANSMISION. - YouTube[/ame]

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you?
Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

I'll give you a moment to get over the shock.
It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

Of course, because it offers a relatively moderate and tempered view of the Muslim world it's prevented from being broadcast in almost every part of the United States.
I'm sure you believe that's the reason.

So tell me, Dave - why do YOU believe it's not carried in most places in the US? And if it's not carried on your cable provider, where have you viewed it?

truth be told, there's no zionist, multinational corporate, or US government conspiracy to marginalize coverage of the moderate arab muslim world. There is no demand for Al Jazeera, it has a bad reputation for news, and it doesn't make any buisness sense for cable providers to carry it.

Last edited:
And Israel is unbiased?
Is Israel a news outlet?

Do try to keep up. AJ focuses on the Arab/Muslim world, not the Middle East.
Middle East Map, Map of Middle East, Turkey, Iraq, Dubai Map - Worldatlas.com

Check it out.
Yeah. Where's Israel? Isn't it in the Middle East?

Meanwhile, look at all the Islamic nations that's AREN'T in the Middle East:

Muslim Countries of Africa/Asia/Middle East/South East Asia: C. 2000

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you?
Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

Of course, because it offers a relatively moderate and tempered view of the Muslim world it's prevented from being broadcast in almost every part of the United States.

So tell me, Dave - why do YOU believe it's not carried in most places in the US? And if it's not carried on your cable provider, where have you viewed it?
I expect it's not carried because providers haven't gotten many requests to carry it.

Some conspiracy, huh?

And I watched AJ when I was in the Middle East. Have you ever been there?

I expect it's not carried because providers haven't gotten many requests to carry it.

Some conspiracy, huh?

I have and I watch it in Germany, so you're a lying pissant for saying its anti-Americans and pro-terrorist.

truth be told, there's no zionist, multinational corporate, or US government conspiracy to marginalize coverage of the moderate arab muslim world. There is no demand for Al Jazeera, it has a bad reputation for news, and it doesn't make any buisness sense for cable providers to carry it.

You don't think there would be a market for Al Jazeera in the Detroit area? You don't think it could garner better ratings than some of the absurdly bad channels that make it onto cable these days? Our cable provider seems to think it makes business sense.

You don't think there would be a market for Al Jazeera in the Detroit area? You don't think it could garner better ratings than some of the absurdly bad channels that make it onto cable these days? Our cable provider seems to think it makes business sense.

Who's behind the conspiracy?

Who said there's a conspiracy? Not me.

what are you saying then? Why are cable companies not carring it?

Al Jazeera "met with" people from Media Matters. I'm not sure what this is supposed to say about Media Matters. The network seems to have closer ties to the US Defense Intelligence Agency: Wadah Khanfar, Al Jazeera Chief, Resigns.
That's not near so stunning as to know they didn't actually need any bodyguards to talk to this world-class promoters of violence that Al-Sheezeera has become known for!!!

And hey, it's time for some transparency, we just didn't know it would come like this!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No, I believe it's relatively unbiased because I watch it and compare it to what's being said in other places. It's obviously supportive of the Middle East in general for the same reason US media is supportive of the US.
No, it's supportive of the Arab/Muslim world.

You know, not Israel.

You've never watched a minute of Al Jazeera in your natural born life, have you? It's certainly not out there preaching the virtues of the Jewish state - but it's also not advocating that Iran be allowed to nuke it. The very reason for the spread of AL Jazeera in the Middle East was to counter the state-run propaganda media sources that dominated the area prior.

8537, I certainly have. Al Jazeera is the idiotic rag who first enlightened the world on who did 9/11. Regurgitated a wussified Al-Jazeera: It was the Jews!!! And here's the rub: they erased it from the internet like shills for Iran erased Ahmadinejad's expressed desire--which he "didn't say 50 times to his Arab buddies, much less in a speech"--to wipe the United States and Israel off the face of the map. Yeah, right.

Al-Jazeera--all the bs you ever cared to read. :rolleyes:

what are you saying then? Why are cable companies not carring it?

There is always the possibility that it hasn't really been confirmed or that it is no big deal. Fox News especailly, or at least one of their conservative hosts like O'Reilly or Hannity, would not shy away from a story like this if there was really a story there. O'Reilly especially has been taking on Media Matters re their violations of their 501(c) status.

The fact that a Media Matters/Al Jazeer connection hasn't been featured suggests that there are some gray areas in facts that have not been confirmed or that whatever is up is simply not of sufficient importance to be newsworthy.

However, this would not be the first time that bloggers and message board researchers and investigators have brought a story to light and forced the media to address an issue. I am thinking of the Reuters doctored photos condemning Israel awhile back that sharp bloggers identified as photoshopped and forced Reuters to admit the fraud and fire the offending reporter/photographer. I am thinking of the Dan Rather flap when he presented forged documents re President Bush's military record. Again it was sharp message board folks who spotted the forgery and forced a retraction of that.

So I don't object to threads like this at all. We just might bring something important to the surface that the media doesn't know or has deep sixed for whatever reason.

Some conspiracy, huh?

I have and I watch it in Germany, so you're a lying pissant for saying its anti-Americans and pro-terrorist.
Good thing I don't give a damn about your opinions, huh?

Whoopee. You just keep up with the "Conspiracy to Silence Al Jazzeera!!" stuff. It's mildly entertaining.

Al Jazeera Joins Forces With Media Matters and ThinkProgress

Media Matters, the Soros-funded Obama administration propaganda arm, claims that its prime mission is to correct “conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.” Presumably as part of its self-righteous campaign against conservative misinformation, Media Matters decided to team up with the anti-Semitic, anti-American news outlet Al Jazeera, a corrupt media outfit owned and financed by an authoritarian Arab regime that forbids freedom of the press in its own country. Then again, intellectual honesty and truly unbiased journalistic professionalism were never part of Media Matters’ mission statement

Al Jazeera Joins Forces With Media Matters and ThinkProgress | FrontPage Magazine

Forum List

Back