Why is a story about Malia disappearing from the Internet?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Strange happenings on the web.

Have you heard that Malia Obama, the president’s daughter, is reportedly spending her spring break in Oaxaca, Mexico? Allegedly, she’s jetting off with some of her classmates and 25 Secret Service agents to a country that the State Department has said all Americans should avoid. But something is different about the latest “Obama vacation controversy:” references to it are disappearing from the Internet — and fast.

Around 3:00 EST, a Telegraph story reporting on the event was the first to vanish (note how the url remains the same in the “before” and “after”):

Malia Obama Oaxaca, Mexico Vacation Story Disappearing from the Web | TheBlaze.com

I don't have enough information to make a decision whether anything has been intentionally pulled down.

But if it was, I'd assume it's because of security reasons.

Have you heard that Malia Obama, the president’s daughter, is reportedly spending her spring break in Oaxaca, Mexico? Allegedly, she’s jetting off with some of her classmates and 25 Secret Service agents to a country that the State Department has said all Americans should avoid. But something is different about the latest “Obama vacation controversy:” references to it are disappearing from the Internet — and fast.

Around 3:00 EST, a Telegraph story reporting on the event was the first to vanish (note how the url remains the same in the “before” and “after”):

Malia Obama Oaxaca, Mexico Vacation Story Disappearing from the Web | TheBlaze.com

Just out of curiosity, why would the Obamas let a 14 year old go by herself to a foreign country?

Just out of curiosity, why would the Obamas let a 14 year old go by herself to a foreign country?

From what I can see, I think it might have been a school trip.

It looks like she might have gone. I'm assuming the articles were probably taken down for security reasons - I mean, if I was the President, and my daughter was going on a school trip to Mexico, I'd want as few people to know about it as possible.

I don't have enough information to make a decision whether anything has been intentionally pulled down.

Try using Google for a search and clicking the resulting links that don't take you to where they say.

I don't buy the security theory.

It looks like she might have gone. I'm assuming the articles were probably taken down for security reasons - I mean, if I was the President, and my daughter was going on a school trip to Mexico, I'd want as few people to know about it as possible.

What parent would send their 14-year-old daughter to a country officially declared as dangerous as Mexico is?

Would you?

Edit: ftr, she's only 13 ....

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think she is by herself? The story said she was with other girls, which leads me to suspect it is a school trip of some kind. I would assume there is some type of adult supervision, and I know the Secret Service is there.

What parent would send their 14-year-old daughter to a country officially declared as dangerous as Mexico is?

Would you?

No, but I can't send the Secret Service along to protect her.

But Mexico????? Adult supervision and secret service or no ....

It being Mexico is probably why they're getting the references expunged from the news feeds ... but WTF were they thinking to begin with?

Try using Google for a search and clicking the resulting links that don't take you to where they say.

Yeah, I found that. That's why I think that she probably did go.

Why else, if not security?

There have been travel warnings in Oaxaca. But apparently it's in the clear now .....

Artists and artisans alike are inspired by Oaxaca's deep-rooted indigenous traditions and by its bright southern light. Its central plaza is one of Mexico's most enchanting spots and the surrounding restaurants serve spicy moles and other mouthwatering local specialties. Oaxaca is fringed by craftsmen villages and major archaeological sites like Monte Alban. The dramatic valley and mountainous landscape provide ample opportunities for horseback riding, mountain climbing, and biking with the region's well-organized tourism department. Though Oaxaca is one of Mexico's poorest states, it's also one of its safest and a true gem of Mexico's south.

Mexico Travel Warnings Have you Scared? Don't Be, Go Here ...

Maybe they tried to make the story disappear for the protection of the classmates without all the secret service protection ....

No one in that family goes anywhere without security, no matter what country.
Michelle is on David Letterman now, and Malia is 13.

I'll bet they fill her purse with birth control pills before she steps out the door.
after all we all heard what he said about the girls, right?

What's obvious is how he said it. ahh, dah, mmm, ahh. What he said was its ok for them to fuck.
Dudes got some serious shit in his closet. He's Not My president. As far as I'm concerned we have no President right now. 4 years thrown away.
No Morals, Communist pig.

Last edited:
25 Secret Service Agents on this vacation ???

Why are the U.S. taxpayers paying for this President's bullshit ideas and his families exotic vacations ??

He believes he's a dictator and can do what ever he wants.

That executive order he signed yesterday is nuts. This fucking guy has to go. He's no President.

The White House admitted they asked for the press to remove the stories because it isn't news, not redact where they were. Once the location is out the only reason not publish the story, security, is moot. I think the fact that there are 25 Secret Service agents guarding one girl is a legitimate story and that taxpayers should be able to ask about the cost. How can we do that if no one even prints the story?

The White House admitted they asked for the press to remove the stories because it isn't news, not redact where they were. Once the location is out the only reason not publish the story, security, is moot. I think the fact that there are 25 Secret Service agents guarding one girl is a legitimate story and that taxpayers should be able to ask about the cost. How can we do that if no one even prints the story?

Help me out here.

Are you really saying that the taxpayers should have a say as to whether or not the President's 13 year old daughter can go on her school trip or not?

Forum List

Back