Media Matters for America linked with anti-American, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera network

Al Jazeera Joins Forces With Media Matters and ThinkProgress

Media Matters, the Soros-funded Obama administration propaganda arm, claims that its prime mission is to correct “conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.” Presumably as part of its self-righteous campaign against conservative misinformation, Media Matters decided to team up with the anti-Semitic, anti-American news outlet Al Jazeera, a corrupt media outfit owned and financed by an authoritarian Arab regime that forbids freedom of the press in its own country. Then again, intellectual honesty and truly unbiased journalistic professionalism were never part of Media Matters’ mission statement

Al Jazeera Joins Forces With Media Matters and ThinkProgress | FrontPage Magazine
Soros is a Jew.

Al Jazeera Joins Forces With Media Matters and ThinkProgress

Media Matters, the Soros-funded Obama administration propaganda arm, claims that its prime mission is to correct “conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.” Presumably as part of its self-righteous campaign against conservative misinformation, Media Matters decided to team up with the anti-Semitic, anti-American news outlet Al Jazeera, a corrupt media outfit owned and financed by an authoritarian Arab regime that forbids freedom of the press in its own country. Then again, intellectual honesty and truly unbiased journalistic professionalism were never part of Media Matters’ mission statement

Al Jazeera Joins Forces With Media Matters and ThinkProgress | FrontPage Magazine
Soros is a Jew.

So it has been said many times. That still does not negate his very intentional efforts to undermine the free market, conservatism, and the American way via the Saul Alinsky model. Funding Media Matters is only one of many ways in which he attempts to do that.

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of al jazeera being "anti-semetic", or "anti-American".

This isn't directly from al-Jazeera but is a commentary on al-Jazeera content. From my perspective since I check in on the English al-Jazeera quite a bit, it is spot on:

Eric Nisbet, a communications professor at Ohio State University who has studied Arab media and anti-Americanism, says it's important to distinguish between the English and Arabic channels of Al Jazeera. The English channel has a very cosmopolitan perspective and is staffed largely by former corespondents from the BBC and U.S. networks, he says.

The Arabic channel, not surprisingly, is aimed squarely at an Arab audience and prides itself on giving voice to a wide range of perspectives from throughout the region. The result? At times it airs the views of extremists, "sometimes without challenging them as much as they should," Nisbet says. "There are definitely some biases in that they are an Arabic channel for Arab audiences."

And yes, there is anti-Semitism, Nisbet adds. "Unfortunately in Arabic political discourse there is a great deal of anti-Semitism. The conversation there about Israel and American foreign policy is very different from our discourse in the U.S."

Nisbet hastens to add that the channel also frequently features representatives from the U.S. and Israeli governments, and that it is widely watched in Israel.

Even given the network's problems, Nisbet, like Baum, believes Al Jazeera, at least in its English-speaking incarnation, should be aired more widely on U.S. television.

"We as a country need to know what other people think of us," he says. "If we really want to make informed decisions about foreign policy and about the opportunities and challenges we face overseas, we need to hear that perspective. Al Jazeera provides a very non-American window on the world that we need to be looking through."
Al Jazeera - Is Al Jazeera anti-Semitic and anti-American?

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of al jazeera being "anti-semetic", or "anti-American".

This isn't directly from al-Jazeera but is a commentary on al-Jazeera content. From my perspective since I check in on the English al-Jazeera quite a bit, it is spot on:

Eric Nisbet, a communications professor at Ohio State University who has studied Arab media and anti-Americanism, says it's important to distinguish between the English and Arabic channels of Al Jazeera. The English channel has a very cosmopolitan perspective and is staffed largely by former corespondents from the BBC and U.S. networks, he says.

The Arabic channel, not surprisingly, is aimed squarely at an Arab audience and prides itself on giving voice to a wide range of perspectives from throughout the region. The result? At times it airs the views of extremists, "sometimes without challenging them as much as they should," Nisbet says. "There are definitely some biases in that they are an Arabic channel for Arab audiences."

And yes, there is anti-Semitism, Nisbet adds. "Unfortunately in Arabic political discourse there is a great deal of anti-Semitism. The conversation there about Israel and American foreign policy is very different from our discourse in the U.S."

Nisbet hastens to add that the channel also frequently features representatives from the U.S. and Israeli governments, and that it is widely watched in Israel.

Even given the network's problems, Nisbet, like Baum, believes Al Jazeera, at least in its English-speaking incarnation, should be aired more widely on U.S. television.

"We as a country need to know what other people think of us," he says. "If we really want to make informed decisions about foreign policy and about the opportunities and challenges we face overseas, we need to hear that perspective. Al Jazeera provides a very non-American window on the world that we need to be looking through."

I can agree with all of that.

None of it says that al Jazeera itself is "anti-Semetic" or "anti-American"

Yes, I have. Hate to break it to you, but your impressions aren't the only possible ones.

I'll give you a moment to get over the shock.

I'm sure you believe that's the reason.

So tell me, Dave - why do YOU believe it's not carried in most places in the US? And if it's not carried on your cable provider, where have you viewed it?

truth be told, there's no zionist, multinational corporate, or US government conspiracy to marginalize coverage of the moderate arab muslim world. There is no demand for Al Jazeera, it has a bad reputation for news, and it doesn't make any buisness sense for cable providers to carry it.

I watched Al Jazeera English once. They were doing a full hour on how racism in America has diminished greatly, pointing out various communities that were multicultural and multiracial.

I walked away thinking: aren't they supposed to hate us?

Anti American and pro Palestine and pro Islamic radical "freedom fighters"? Makes sense to me.

:D
Look who helped set it up and is their major advisor.

"Tony Burman has worked as a journalist in print, radio, television, and online.

Although he is now chief strategic advisor for Al Jazeera English, his career started in the 1960s. For most of this time (35 years), he was at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation."

For crying out loud, he's from the CBC. But all in all, I'd say CBC was more anti American and pro terrorist than Al Jazeera.

I think Burman toned it down for AJ English.:lol:

Last edited:

I can agree with all of that.

None of it says that al Jazeera itself is "anti-Semetic" or "anti-American"

Yes, it does say that if you're listening/reading in on the Arabic al-Jazeera or a translation of it. The English version not so much as it is more objective but will still be weighted on the side of the Arab point of view just as Jewish World Review is a very objective publication but will still be weighted on the Israeli point of view.

really i basically learned most of what I know of the middle east and muslim cultures since 9/11.

My views have evolved and changed a lot over time as I take in more information and see varying views and opinions coming out of the region and the cultures there.

What is it that you have known for decades that I have not?

That Islam is a bigoted, corrupt, closed-minded, uneducated, infantile, violent, self important, 8th century, shift blaming, rotting, mythologized, ill governed, uncompetitive, oppressive, unlawful, lazy, intolerant, tribal bunch of neanderthal zealots that all adds up to a bankrupt, failed civilization..................

Actually, I liked what someone who was impersonating George Patton sent me in an e-mail:

Millions of these warped misled sons-of-bitches are plotting, as we speak, to destroy our country and our way of life any way they can.

Some of them are here among us now.

They don't want to convert you and don't want to rule you. They believe you are a vile infestation of Allah's paradise. They don't give a shit how "progressive" you are, how peace-loving you are, or how much you sympathize with their cause.

They want your ass dead, and they think it is God's will for them to do it.

Some think if we give them a hug or listen to them, then they'll like us, and if you agree -Then you are a pathetic dumb ass!

If they manage to get their hands on a nuke,chemical agents, or even some anthrax -- you will wish to God we had hunted them down and killed THEM while we had the chance.

How many more Americans must be beheaded? You've fallen asleep AGAIN - get your head out of your ass! You may never get another chance!

because al jezeera is so objective like npr and pbs, perhaps the community organizer can grant them a tax subsidy.............for diversity's sake......... lol

The content of Mediamatter's stories is either factual or it isn't.

Oh most of the content is factual. It is just presented in such a way to create a false illusion and/or a lie. Half truths or facts presented in such a way to make them into something they are not is no different than a lie.

Oh most of the content is factual. It is just presented in such a way to create a false illusion and/or a lie. Half truths or facts presented in such a way to make them into something they are not is no different than a lie.

You've read every story on mediamatters to be able to determine that they always employ half truths and distorted facts that turn every story they do into a lie?

You've read every story on mediamatters to be able to determine that they always employ half truths and distorted facts that turn every story they do into a lie?

It was founded as a political tool of Hillary Clinton and George Soros. You really need to stretch to try and give it legitimacy. schill.

Read every story? Nope. I haven't read every story on any site on the internet or publication or in our local newspaper that arrives in our front yard every morning nor do I listen to every report given on the radio or presented on television. But as a media person, I believe I can use samples to evaluate the particular slant and M.O. of any media source.

Read every story? Nope. I haven't read every story on any site on the internet or publication or in our local newspaper that arrives in our front yard every morning nor do I listen to every report given on the radio or presented on television. But as a media person, I believe I can use samples to evaluate the particular slant and M.O. of any media source.

Ok so you have no basis to claim that every story mediamatters does is a lie.

It was founded as a political tool of Hillary Clinton and George Soros. You really need to stretch to try and give it legitimacy. schill.

Then your own logic you would have to conclude that Foxnews, and all of rightwing radio, have no legitimacy.

Ok so you have no basis to claim that every story mediamatters does is a lie.

I didn't say it was. I said it is presented in a way to make people believe a lie. And I have a lot of basis for that.

Then your own logic you would have to conclude that Foxnews, and all of rightwing radio, have no legitimacy.

Two totally unrelated things. Neither talk radio nor Fox News were founded specifically to expose or discredit anything as MediaMatters freely admits that it was founded to do. Both talk radio and Fox News filled a huge void of almost no conservative point of view that was the case when both came into being. And because most Americans do tilt right of center on most things, they were hungry to have their views expressed, confirmed, validated. Nobody else was doing that at the time.

MediaMatters was not created to validate or express any particular point of view, It was created to scuttle, diminish, and if possible discredit anybody conservative or Republican. And it has stayed true to its roots. Of course it is a bit more charitable in how it describes itself at its website which is:
Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Last edited:

Two totally unrelated things. Neither talk radio nor Fox News were founded specifically to expose or discredit anything as MediaMatters freely admits that it was founded to do. Both talk radio and Fox News filled a huge void of almost no conservative point of view that was the case when both came into being. And because most Americans do tilt right of center on most things, they were hungry to have their views expressed, confirmed, validated. Nobody else was doing that at the time.

MediaMatters was not created to validate or express any particular point of view, It was created to scuttle, diminish, and if possible discredit anybody conservative or Republican. And it has stayed true to its roots. Of course it is a bit more charitable in how it describes itself at its website which is:
Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

You're an idiot. Rightwing talk radio does not have an agenda? Foxnews does not have an agenda?

Please.

Forum List

Back