McCain dead

Sad to hear.....he was an American Patriot

Though I disagreed with many of his political views, I always respected the Maverick in him. He was willing to do what was right ....not what his party wanted

We should have more Senators like him

Well, I won't raise the issue about defining "right". Meh, I bite my tongue until another day, where are my manners.

I will say again, it's ok to have mixed feelings about a person in life. There's very few if any I support and agree with 100%. In death, he deserves his dignity. He put his ass on the line for his country at a young age, for that alone he deserves dignity in death

Post of the day. Thank you.

If indeed this is true, it is not unexpected and so very sad. We have few statesmen, few people willing to cross the aisle and work with the other side, and fewer still who regard their political jobs as a service. I did not always agree with him, but I respected him, a lot. I am sure many will villify him, but to start an OP on his death with a remark about Trump is a disgusting politicization of a sad event.

It's true. He's
trump is silent a real pos

Trump has been silent all week. He even refused to mention him for the defense bill named in his honor.

Trump isn't worthy to wipe McCains shoes.

The Republican party now truly is the party of spineless clowns led by the number one spineless clown.

McCain was the only living member of the party that still lent it any credibility at all.

Today marks two distinctive, and very sad events.

Donald Trump is still living, and John McCain isn't.
You are a true asshole!

Wow, that was quick, from us getting notice that he stopped his treatment! :( so sad....

He was a Statesman, and did view his job as a public service, he a servant, and tried to work across the aisle...can't expect and hope and pray for anything better than that of our leaders.

May he rest in peace, and may the Lord comfort his family.

Also, why are these men like him and Kennedy getting this specific brain cancer? Is it caused by excessive use of their cell phones?
Don't think so willow if so 1000's more would have it

I didn't always agree with him, but I did vote for him. He dedicated his life to this country and went to hell and back for it. He was dedicated to his party and wanted it to have integrity, and he was one of the few to continue to fight for that to his death.

I don't know how it works in Arizona, but I hope his wife or his son/daughter gets to take his place until November so they can remind Trump everyday of how poorly he treated a real hero while he was dying.

Why wouldn't they go and serve the country? What you said sounds like a personal grudge.

Why wouldn't who? I don't know how Arizona works... some states allow the governor to pick who replaces Congressmen when they die.

Ducey will pick a replacement:

Who could be appointed to John McCain's Senate seat?

President Trump will likely stay silent! Remember McCain said he did not want him at his funeral. Trump will abide by his wishes!
As he should...

But then we have idiots who jump on Trump for not acknowledging it when he was asked not to.... I expect Trump to make a brief statement and no more..

Really sad Mccain ended his life spiteful and resentful towards Trump. Not to mention doing the opposite of favoring obamacare. When he was totally against it before Trump ran for president. Sad that he died with the rage like this. Well, time to pick a replacement.

I'm sorry, but if you can't be respectful, then just be silent.

He bled for the United States.

I thank him for his service.

May he find peace.

McCain was an old school Senator

The kind who crossed the aisle to reach a deal, the kind who cared more about doing what is right than what is politically expedient, the kind who would make a moral stand

The last of the Mavericks

Screw that globalist asshole.....bon voyage!:113:

While I pray for Gods mercyhfor McCains soul, his life was one big enormous lie.

He was a traitor and collaborator in prison in Vietnam, He gave up so much info the Vietnamese guards called him the 'song bird'.

While some of the POWs were still being tortured, McCain was walking around in civilian clothes sipping sodas.

the loyalty he has evoked from his own family is simply collosal irony.

But may God have mercy on his soul as we all need it when we go.

I remember this liberal forum bitched about McCain when he was running for President. Mocked his disfigured face, laughed about his crashing a jet, said he was too fucking old to be President. You passed over your now God and elected obummer. All of you on the left are hypocritical assholes so do not pretend you are not. I joined in 2008 and I have a long fucking memory.

RIP senator McCain.

Forum List

Back