Mass stabbing in Florida - it's time to implement knife control.

This makes the point I've been making very clear. These people won't be stopped by taking away guns. They will find ways to kill people. Knives, cars, bombs etc. It's not the weapon. It's PERSON!
The problem with your argument, is that a knife is not a very effective weapon against a crowd. If the gunman in El Paso used a knife instead of a gun, most of the 20 killed would not even have been injured.

Gun manufactures have done a great job at creating weapons that can kill large numbers of people in a matter of seconds or minutes. And unlike a killer with a knife, a gunman with the right weapon does not need a great deal of experience or physical strength. In the US, 70% of people murdered died of gun shot wounds.
You can make a homemade explosive from things you can get at Home Depot and kill just as many people as you can with a rifle and you don’t even have to stay present at the attack location and get killed or captured. Your argument is a non starter.
Home made bombs are very effective at destroying property, as well as the bomber but become problematic when targets are moving people. First, bombs can't discriminate but a shooter can. Shooters can adapt to changing situations where explosives are typically fixed. Lastly, bombs rarely give the shooter the satisfaction he is seeking. Over half the shooters plan on dying. They seek publicity, not anonymity. Dying in the battle is often part of their twisted plans.

Last edited:
Gun laws are like tits on a boar and even more useless. I checked out Armslist.com for my area, did some shopping, and had the guy deliver me a 45 auto by 1pm. No paperwork, no nuffin... :04:
Gun laws are not created to be enforced. A combination of loopholes, lack of funding, and unenforceable requirements often make them useless and just an aggravation for gun owners. Usually legislation starts out comprehensive and enforceable but after going through committees, being massaged by legislators backed by the gun lobby, and hacked apart by conservative judges, the law turns out to be weak and unenforceable. One of the biggest problems with gun laws is that most of them are either local or state laws which means they are easily bypassed by crossing state lines or leaving the city.

Then feel free to try and change the 2nd. But you are not free to ignore it
I'm not "ignoring" anything. You haven't seen me call for it's abololition. A ban on a particular class of firearms does not remove an individual's right to "keep and bear".
We have a problem with our cultural thinking on guns. I think you know that.

Yes...it does.......as the Supreme Court has already ruled....

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001),

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf
That analysis misreads Heller.

The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.
Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.
SCOTUS has not ruled at all on this matter.
It's been done before.
There are plenty of restrictions already in place. The is nothing in the 2nd that stipulates what "arms" must be.

I just gave you one decision, and one clarification on the topic by the guy who authored the opinion in Heller, you dope.......

To repeat...

the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

-----

The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

----

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.
Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

Heller has not a thing to do with this, dope.

Has everything to do with it.

This makes the point I've been making very clear. These people won't be stopped by taking away guns. They will find ways to kill people. Knives, cars, bombs etc. It's not the weapon. It's PERSON!
Yep. But it's a matter of scale. The fewer assault rifles, the fewer innocent little schoolkids with their brains splattered on the classroom floor.

The life of a single child is worth all the phukking assault rifles in private hands across the entire country... with change left over.

What about regular rifles. Should they be outlawed too? Because I guarantee that if assault rifles are gun these deranged people will use a regular rifle.

AR-15s are regular rifles....they are no different from any other semi-auto rifle.....they know it, which is why they want it banned...allowing them to ban AR-15s means they get to come back and demand all the other semi-automatic rifles be banned...since they all operate the same way.

Then, define it so it doesn't impact other guns. I'm trying to stick to the issue you keep making people the issue.

Bullshit...you're trying to pretend there is some confusion on this issue...so that nothing gets done
if there's no confusion then you should be able to accurately define JUST an assault rifle's characteristics that you are out to ban. both you and hutch seem to whine emotional rants and FOR THE CHILDREN but have yet to give exactly what you're after; preferring the liberal broad based brush to wipe it all out cause you don't like it.

so, if there is no confusion, then define "assault rifle" so it just pertains the the AR15.

lets hear it.
If you want to play games let's simplify it and ban all semi-auto magazine fed long guns.

There. Simple

I'm not sure of you overall stance on guns so here is my response. Let's ban all semi-autos. Then these nuts use bolt rifles and or revolvers and kill children with them. Maybe not as many, but still enough. Would you call for a ban on those guns?

Of course they are going to call for a ban on those guns......they move from one category to the next, and will not stop until all guns in private hands...outside of those reserved for the wealthy and powerful....are banned.

Gun laws are like tits on a boar and even more useless. I checked out Armslist.com for my area, did some shopping, and had the guy deliver me a 45 auto by 1pm. No paperwork, no nuffin... :04:
Gun laws are not created to be enforced. A combination of loopholes, lack of funding, and unenforceable requirements often make them useless and just an aggravation for gun owners. Usually legislation starts out comprehensive and enforceable but after going through committees, being massaged by legislators backed by the gun lobby, and hacked apart by conservative judges, the law turns out to be weak and unenforceable. One of the biggest problems with gun laws is that most of them are either local or state laws which means they are easily bypassed by crossing state lines or leaving the city.

No....that isn't the problem. The problem is that we have all the gun laws we need to stop criminals....then, once they are arrested, democrat judges let the repeat gun offender out of jail on Bond, often without requiring even a basic payment....and then they sentence them to short prison sentences...everything else you stated is silly.

Yep. But it's a matter of scale. The fewer assault rifles, the fewer innocent little schoolkids with their brains splattered on the classroom floor.

The life of a single child is worth all the phukking assault rifles in private hands across the entire country... with change left over.

Moron....total dead from all gun types in mass public shootings in 2018.... 93.

Schools are not in danger you dumb ass.....

Knives kill over 1,500 every single year......

Cars kill more kids every single year.....even when you include all gun murder...you dumb ass...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2017, gun murder...319

<1...12
1-4...44
5-9...78
10-14...185

2017.... Kids (<1 - 14)

Guns....62

Cars...1,208

2016:

2016: Kids ( <1 to age 14)
Total guns: ......74
Total Cars: 1,261

Suffocation: 1,215

Drowning: 713

Poisoning: 84

Traffic: 1,261

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

I'm not sure I like the knives vs guns argument without an apples to apples comparison. Guns were used to kill 93 people in mass shootings. How many people were killed by knives in mass stabbings? Not near as many.

Same goes for cars. How many people are killed ON PURPOSE in mass attacks by cars each year? Probably not as many as guns.

My big thing is that there will be NO END to gun control. You may slow down the mass deaths by banning the AR, but soon the nut jobs will be using the "plain ole hunting rifle" or shotguns to commit mass murder. Then the lefties will call for their ban right?

Let's face it, they will ultimately be calling for banning ALL firearms OR regulating it to the point where it will be nearly impossible to obtain a firearm.

There is no mass public shooting with an AR-15 that couldn't have been done with another rifle, pistol or shotgun with as many killed. That is why they will never stop...

For example...Gilroy...attack with a rifle....3 killed

Russian Polytechnic school shooting.... 5 shot, tube fed, pump action shotgun....20 killed 40 injured...

Navy yard shooting..... 12 killed...pump action shotgun...

Virginia Tech shooting....32 killed.

It isn't the gun....the problem is the amount of time the killer has in the gun free zone killing unarmed people before someone with a gun makes them stop...that is the only thing that causes the number of dead.......

There are no loopholes.....criminals can't buy, own or carry guns, if they are caught with a gun they can be arrested and sent to prison.

You can't use a gun to commit a rape, robbery or murder...if you use a gun for those things you can already be arrested and jailed.

Again, the only problem we have is the anti-gun, democrat judges, politicians and prosecutors....keep letting repeat gun offenders out of jail on bond, and out of prison with short sentences...that is our only problem.

Cars kill more kids every single year.....even when you include all gun murder...you dumb ass...

2017, gun murder...319

<1...12
1-4...44
5-9...78
10-14...185

2017.... Kids (<1 - 14)

Guns....62

Cars...1,208

2016:

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

I'm not sure I like the knives vs guns argument without an apples to apples comparison. Guns were used to kill 93 people in mass shootings. How many people were killed by knives in mass stabbings? Not near as many.

Same goes for cars. How many people are killed ON PURPOSE in mass attacks by cars each year? Probably not as many as guns.

My big thing is that there will be NO END to gun control. You may slow down the mass deaths by banning the AR, but soon the nut jobs will be using the "plain ole hunting rifle" or shotguns to commit mass murder. Then the lefties will call for their ban right?

Let's face it, they will ultimately be calling for banning ALL firearms OR regulating it to the point where it will be nearly impossible to obtain a firearm.

It doesn't matter ....the only thing that matters is knives put more bodies in the morgue every single year than guns in mass public shootings do....so therefore, according to anti-gun "logic" they must be banned...if it saves only one life it would be worth it...

We can at least minimize the shootings carried by non criminals, like kids at schools, mom and dad shooting their families, work places shootings and so much more. Guns emboldens lot of pussies.
Those are non-criminals? Are you insane? And, btw, it is a well known fact that all liberals (needs government to think and do for them) are pussies.
All? I dont agree. Most successful people are liberals.
Sounds like some more barry bathhouse banter.
Facts. I have conservative views and liberals views I dont vote for parties....in the 20 years I have been here and because of my work if it wasnt for progressives this country would be just like many backward thinking countries... and i say this and I'm anti abortion, dont favour same sex marriage, and much more. I also firmly beleive that most of the evil comes from the right.
You don't favor abortion, yet you say most evil comes from the right? What is more evil than slaughtering an innocent unborn baby?
I say you don't know whattofuck you are - kinda like those tranny he-she's.
That right there what it turned me off with the hypocrite right...most of you are hypocrites, haters, racists. Bigots.

firearms more deadly --kill much more----but you concentrate/zero in on the much less critical/less deadly weapon....?????
.....idiocy --13% and you people try to use it for a firearm argument---that would only work if knives were used in the majority of murders--NOT 13%....that's 1.3 out of 10

720656-5.2-42HWEI1.png

But even in a liberal Utopia, where guns were made "illegal", criminals would not turn theirs over. The vast majorify of people who use guns to kill people are criminals. I am not sure why you anti-gun folks don't seem to get this.

We all know that knives aren't as effectice as guns at killing people. We also all know that we can't bring a gun to a knife fight, which is what would happen if guns were taken away from law abiding citicizens in the US.
so----thank you....the knife argument is idiotic
.....firearm controlled UK, German, France, Japan, etc etc have murder rates much lower--this is what we want = lower murder rates, yes?
..not anti-gun but pro-common sense....the firearm is designed to KILL--only...so common sense says it should have MORE regulations than cars....etc /etc .....and don't try the stupid cars kill more idiocy...that's worse than the knife idiocy

I will ask again. How are more regulations going to affect anyone except law abiding citizens? Don't druggies still use drugs? If I wanted to get some cocaine, do you think I could find it? the difference is that cocaine would only kill me, not kill other people. If law abiding citizens have a very difficult time getting guns like in NYC and Chicago, how will they protect themselves from the non-law abiding folks? With a knife?
1. every firearm should be registered--common sense and it will help track how the ''bad'' [ hahaha ] guys get firearms
.....every firearm is initially LEGAL--yes?? !!!!???
2. again--gun controlled France, Germany, England, etc etc etc have MUCH lower murder rates
3. cocaine is addictive/physiologically ''wanted'' --like alcohol--much DIFFERENT than firearms
a. you can track firearms much more easily with SERIAL NUMBERS/etc
4. if guns kept people safe from non-law abiding idiots -guess what?????!!!!!!!!!????
take a guess!!!!!
a little guess??????
-----America should be the safest country--we have the highest gun ownership!!!!
but still higher violent crime rate

firearms more deadly --kill much more----but you concentrate/zero in on the much less critical/less deadly weapon....?????
.....idiocy --13% and you people try to use it for a firearm argument---that would only work if knives were used in the majority of murders--NOT 13%....that's 1.3 out of 10

720656-5.2-42HWEI1.png

But even in a liberal Utopia, where guns were made "illegal", criminals would not turn theirs over. The vast majorify of people who use guns to kill people are criminals. I am not sure why you anti-gun folks don't seem to get this.

We all know that knives aren't as effectice as guns at killing people. We also all know that we can't bring a gun to a knife fight, which is what would happen if guns were taken away from law abiding citicizens in the US.
.....firearm controlled UK, German, France, Japan, etc etc have murder rates much lower--this is what we want = lower murder rates, yes?
..not anti-gun but pro-common sense....the firearm is designed to KILL--only...so common sense says it should have MORE regulations than cars....etc /etc .....and don't try the stupid cars kill more idiocy...that's worse than the knife idiocy

I will ask again. How are more regulations going to affect anyone except law abiding citizens? Don't druggies still use drugs? If I wanted to get some cocaine, do you think I could find it? the difference is that cocaine would only kill me, not kill other people. If law abiding citizens have a very difficult time getting guns like in NYC and Chicago, how will they protect themselves from the non-law abiding folks? With a knife?
you won't be able to stop everything--but you want to keep the proliferation down
...you want to make it harder for bad guys and you will STILL have your firearm
no gifting/no private sales/no online/etc --common sense

Those are non-criminals? Are you insane? And, btw, it is a well known fact that all liberals (needs government to think and do for them) are pussies.
All? I dont agree. Most successful people are liberals.
Sounds like some more barry bathhouse banter.
Facts. I have conservative views and liberals views I dont vote for parties....in the 20 years I have been here and because of my work if it wasnt for progressives this country would be just like many backward thinking countries... and i say this and I'm anti abortion, dont favour same sex marriage, and much more. I also firmly beleive that most of the evil comes from the right.
You don't favor abortion, yet you say most evil comes from the right? What is more evil than slaughtering an innocent unborn baby?
I say you don't know whattofuck you are - kinda like those tranny he-she's.
That right there what it turned me off with the hypocrite right...most of you are hypocrites, haters, racists. Bigots.
Why would you allow others to sway your political position one way or another? There are plenty of extreme right wing asshats out there that I wholeheartedly disagree with. But I won't allow them, or anybody else, dictate my conservative beliefs.

2017, gun murder...319

<1...12
1-4...44
5-9...78
10-14...185

2017.... Kids (<1 - 14)

Guns....62

Cars...1,208

2016:

I basically agree and..

If cars are killing more people by accident (not on purpose) than guns are killing people by accident, it would seem cars are much more dangerous.

It's not about the object is it. Cars don't kill people on purpose or accidentally. Neither do guns. It the person! But more people are killed using guns on purpose than people killed using cars on purpose.

The point is 5he left will eventually come after all the guns.

If you came here to get 'turned on' you're in the wrong place.

720656-5.2-42HWEI1.png

1. every firearm should be registered--common sense and it will help track how the ''bad'' [ hahaha ] guys get firearms
.....every firearm is initially LEGAL--yes?? !!!!???
2. again--gun controlled France, Germany, England, etc etc etc have MUCH lower murder rates
3. cocaine is addictive/physiologically ''wanted'' --like alcohol--much DIFFERENT than firearms
a. you can track firearms much more easily with SERIAL NUMBERS/etc
4. if guns kept people safe from non-law abiding idiots -guess what?????!!!!!!!!!????
take a guess!!!!!
a little guess??????
-----America should be the safest country--we have the highest gun ownership!!!!
but still higher violent crime rate

Registration does nothing but allow asshats like you ban and confiscate guns when you finally get the power you want....just ask Robert "beto" O'rourke....

France surrendered 75,000 people to the national socialists, the Germans murdered 12 million unarmed, innocent men, women and children Britain can't stop the increasing flow of illegal guns into their country.....

Gun already have serial numbers, dumb shit....didn't help Canada solve any crimes....after spending 1 billion dollars trying to register 15 million long guns and failing....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives...according to the CDC...

And as more Americans own and carried guns over the last 26 years.....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

720656-5.2-42HWEI1.png

you won't be able to stop everything--but you want to keep the proliferation down

Yes...we get it...you are an actual fascist..........

720656-5.2-42HWEI1.png

hahahha
..I'm not anti-gun...if I could, I would own one of everything
..I'm pro-common sense

hahahha
..I'm pro-common sense

No...you aren't.......your posts show this....

hahahha
..I'm pro-common sense

No...you aren't.......your posts show this....
sure--just like the UK is more violent than the US
hahahhahahahahah

Forum List

Back