Marriage clerk targeted by gays revolts

No, she has a good case and will probably win it. You wouldn't know that, because you are yourself a low information rube. Typical of other low-information lefty rubes, you accuse others of that which you know you are guilty yourself. You think it will hide your own deficiency, but it doesn't.

If she had a good case she would have won in the District Court, but she lost.

If she had a good case she would have won in the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals when requesting a stay, but she lost. Remember the 6th Circuit is the one that upheld the SSCM ban, she couldn't even get a stay here.

If she had a good case she would have won in the SCOTUS when requesting a stay, but she lost.

It doesn't look good for Ms. Davis or her case.

>>>>

How many martyrs can the rubes support with their dollars? I bet that other clerk, Casey Davis, is really jealous of Kim Davis ... he has done everything in his power to wave his arms all over the place saying "pick me, pick me ... I want to be a rich martyr too". ROFL
You sound jealous, ignoramus.

I'm not a freeloader. I have no plans to bilk the rubes out of their meager dollars. Too many so-called religious conservatives already have their hands in your pockets and you're not smart enough to see that ...

Never know. At least 1 lawyer seems to think she has a case worth filing. Good luck to her.

She's going to jail. The women should sue the county in federal court. Maybe the county will wake up after paying these women five or ten million.

The clerk's appeal was over turned by SCOTUS and kg says the clerk has a good case to win?

The folks who are suing through the ACLU do not want her in jail. They like her personally. But they think paying big fines will lead her to change her mind or resign.

Plenty of people have gone to jail because they are Christians. This is a culture war. There will be no gains for Christians until it stops being a symbolic war and starts being a real war. Until then, it will just continue to become Syria.

LOL....yes because the United States is just like Syria..........

And? You expect her to listen to thugs in robes? I don't. The last thing the system wants is a martyr for the religious freedom movement and any fines these thugs put on her will be paid by supporters and supporters of religious freedom. Good luck!

You are going to financially support her and her family, right?
I am going to do my part in fighting tyranny and those that rule like dictators and against religious freedom. I am not a christian not even close but I support this fight 100%.

Tyranny is when petty government officials impose their "religious" beliefs on the public in violation of the law and oppress the people they serve.
You were educated in a public school, weren't you?

"
tyr·an·ny
ˈtirənē/despotism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, totalitarianism, Fascism;More
oppression, repression, subjugation, enslavement;
authoritarianism, bullying, severity, cruelty, brutality, ruthlessness
"they will not soon forget his brutal tyranny"

Hmmm..I don't see the word "religion" in there.
  • a nation under cruel and oppressive government.
  • cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control.
    "she resented his rages and his tyranny"
  • (especially in ancient Greece) rule by one who

By your own definition, Kim Davis is a tyrant and engaged in tyranny.

Plenty of people have gone to jail because they are Christians. This is a culture war. There will be no gains for Christians until it stops being a symbolic war and starts being a real war. Until then, it will just continue to become Syria.

Nobody has gone to jail because they are Christian.

They have gone to jail for violating the law. Being a Christian is not an excuse to break the law.

>>>>
Laws that are made specifically to land Christians in jail are no different than the laws the Nazis structured to *legally* imprison Jews. We are under no obligation to obey bad laws, and the statement that "Christians aren't thrown into jail for being Christian, they're thrown in jail for breaking the law" is meaningless if the law targets Christians.

Now sit down and shut up, fascist pig.

Many "Christians" probably said the same thing when they could no longer deny mixed-race couples the right to marry. The Fourteenth Amendment guarantees that no state shall deprive any person of liberty or equal protection under the law ... and homosexual people are persons entitled to that protection. Although some "Christians" might not like that part of the constitution, the law does not target "Christians" for persecution. Kim Davis is the true fascist:

The ACLU of Kentucky filed a motion in federal court Tuesday asking a judge to hold county clerk Kim Davis in contempt of court for failing to comply with the Supreme Court and issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

In court papers, the ACLU lawyers note that following the Supreme Court's order late Monday night, the plaintiffs in their case went to the Rowan County Clerk's office at 8 a.m. Tuesday to obtain a marriage license.

"Unfortunately , they were again denied by a deputy clerk who asserted that no marriage licenses would be issued," the ACLU said in a statement. The lawyers argue that Davis has "violated a definite and specific order" and that the Court is left "with no choice but to hold her in contempt."

ACLU wants Kentucky clerk in contempt of court over denying gay marriage licenses - CNNPolitics.com

If this matter was truly about her religious conscience, then she should have resigned this morning when the stay expired rather than violate the law. She selfishly wants to remain in the spotlight and get all of you uneducated, low-information rubes to send her donations. In my opinion, her conduct is proof that she cares far more about money than she does about religion.
No, she has a good case and will probably win it..

She is suing the Governor- she has a terrible case and is likely to go down in flames- within the next day or so.

I still want to see these homofascist agitators take their issue to a heavily muslim-populated locale. It's more than a coincidence that multiple homos are getting married in a place as remote as Morehead, KY. I have in-laws down there and the big night out is dinner at Shoney's. People go by two first names because there aren't enough last names to go around.
This is a fag and pony show brought to us by homofascists and their media handlers.

I still want to see these homofascist agitators take their issue to a heavily muslim-populated locale. It's more than a coincidence that multiple homos are getting married in a place as remote as Morehead, KY. I have in-laws down there and the big night out is dinner at Shoney's. People go by two first names because there aren't enough last names to go around.
This is a fag and pony show brought to us by homofascists and their media handlers.
If Muslims ever become the top homophobes in this country they will be confronted. As of now you don't here a peep from American Muslims. American Christians are the ones still leading the charge to figure out how to continue oppressing gay people.

What coincidence? The four couples (two opposite-sex couples and two same-sex couples) have lived in Rowan County KY for years.

If Muslims ever become the top homophobes in this country they will be confronted. As of now you don't here a peep from American Muslims. American Christians are the ones still leading the charge to figure out how to continue oppressing gay people.
You don't hear anything from muslims because the homonazis are afraid to take their hypocritical protests to them.
I want the homos to stand up for their beliefs. That means go after muslim anti-homos. I dare you.

You don't hear anything from muslims because the homonazis are afraid to take their hypocritical protests to them.
I want the homos to stand up for their beliefs. That means go after muslim anti-homos. I dare you.
Gays are not going after Christians. They are going after people who discriminate against them illegally. If and when a Muslim does that, they will be confronted like any other homophobic scumbag.

What coincidence? The four couples (two opposite-sex couples and two same-sex couples) have lived in Rowan County KY for years.
They could have gone to Lexington. They could have gone to West Liberty. No, they want to make a stink. They're hypocrites.

They could have gone to Lexington. They could have gone to West Liberty. No, they want to make a stink. They're hypocrites.
Yeah and ******* could have shut up and just sat at the back of the bus right?

Nobody has gone to jail because they are Christian.

They have gone to jail for violating the law. Being a Christian is not an excuse to break the law.

>>>>
Laws that are made specifically to land Christians in jail are no different than the laws the Nazis structured to *legally* imprison Jews. We are under no obligation to obey bad laws, and the statement that "Christians aren't thrown into jail for being Christian, they're thrown in jail for breaking the law" is meaningless if the law targets Christians.

Now sit down and shut up, fascist pig.

Whew...good thing laws aren't designed to do that.

What law in this case was written to land Christians (and only Christians) in prison?

You shouldn't use words you don't understand...like fascist.

I wanted to get married in the county where I grew up and live currently. I shouldn't have to go to another county because the clerk is a bigot. Better she gets a job she can perform.

She didn't have the option of another bus and she wasn't wasn't equating skin color with irrelevant personal behavior.
You homofascists need to stop with the attempted racism analogies. It only exposes your lack of logical thinking and your inferior intellect.

I wanted to get married in the county where I grew up and live currently. I shouldn't have to go to another county because the clerk is a bigot. Better she gets a job she can perform.
First off, opposing homofascism in principle is not bigoted. The shoe is completely on the opposite foot. The only bigotry is in the homofascism.
And West Liberty is very near Morehead. I think those homos wanted Morehead because of the name.

She didn't have the option of another bus and she wasn't wasn't equating skin color with irrelevant personal behavior.
You homofascists need to stop with the attempted racism analogies. It only exposes your lack of logical thinking and your inferior intellect.
She had the option of another seat dummy.

You already lost this argument. This "marriage defending," thrice divorced, idiot woman will either retire, or get booted out after a boatload of fines. And good riddance.

Forum List

Back