“Mar-a-Lago Security Tapes Were NOT DELETED” – Trump Accuses Jack Smith of Prosecutorial Misconduct, Illegal Leaks

I know, you're saying that decisions you don't agree with are motivated by partisan bias, and you see it only when they rule in ways that happen to favor the right. We get that.
I’m saying that the story you tell yourself that they’re just following the constitution is nothing more than a childish fantasy.

I’m saying that the story you tell yourself that they’re just following the constitution is nothing more than a childish fantasy.
Where did you get your law degree from? I'd like to be able to weigh your knowledge of the law and Constitution against theirs.

Where did you get your law degree from? I'd like to be able to weigh your knowledge of the law and Constitution against theirs.
The constitution says nothing about the major questions doctrine.

Do you agree?

They’ll make up whatever shit about the constitution to get them to their goal.

See the major questions doctrine. It’s not in the constitution. They’ll just make it up to block any executive action that they don’t like. They’ve effectively given themselves a veto over the president.

That’s not how the constitution was written.
You leftists have twisted the fuck out of the constitution so badly when a constitutional justice rolls according to the constitution you think they've made shit up.

You leftists have twisted the fuck out of the constitution so badly when a constitutional justice rolls according to the constitution you think they've made shit up.
Does your copy of the constitution say anything about the major questions doctrine?

So what if no tapes were deleted? If bank robbers get caught after they walk in the bank do they get to go free since they didn’t take any money?! These narratives yall pump out are idiotic

But how could Trump possibly violated any classified doc law, since presidents have absolute authority over classified docs?
If you think being an ex-president makes difference, you would be wrong since when president, he can give copies to anyone, including himself.

Smith knows that he can do anything he wants and the media will still make him a hero, and he will never have consequences for prosecutorial misconduct.

This:

According to the superseding indictment reviewed by The Gateway Pundit, Carlos De Oliveira told ‘Trump Employee 4’ that “the boss” [Trump] wanted the server at Mar-a-Lago deleted.

Is incredibly flimsy as a "case" for obstruction of justice. An anonymous "Trump Employee 4," makes a claim of second-hand report that Trump "wanted" something?

Anonymous accusations play well in a media targeting the most gullible and willfully ignorant among us, but they won't work in court unless the prosecution can get a jury just as gullible and willfully ignorant.

Typically security video is handled by VCRs, not servers, but you normally do not ever "delete" files because they automatically loop and write over yesterday's footage.
If you want to save something, THEN you have to explicitly copy it. Otherwise it all gets over written daily.

Cause Trump said so…

The raid on Mar-a-Lago was August 8, 2022, so almost a year ago.
There is no way any of that video before, during, or after that raid is still around.
Security is looping and self erasing unless deliberately saved off.
Video is very wasteful as far as hard drive space, so you have to constantly delete.
It is normally automatic to delete daily.

Who ratified “tradition”?

So they don’t follow the constitution then. They follow “tradition”?

Actually, the Constitution was an attempt to follow "tradition" of rights under British Common Law.
The Constitution cannot be just arbitrary, or else it would be worthless.
If Congress makes arbitrary legislation that does not follow "tradition", it is struck down by the SCOTUS.

What if a defendant lies to his lawyers about having documents with classification markers, something those lawyers then attest to in response to a federal subpoena. Is that obstruction of justice?

Does not matter if Trump lied to his lawyers, what his lawyers know or think.
The fact is ex-presidents can and always do have all the classified doc copies they want, since all they have to do is give copies to themselves, when president.
No one have any authority over presidents when it comes to classified docs.

Do you agree?
That doesn't tell me anything about why I should accept your legal acumen over theirs, or your accusation that they are acting in a partisan manner.

Do you agree?

{...
The major questions doctrine is a principle of statutory interpretation in United States administrative law which states that courts will presume that Congress does not delegate to executive agencies issues of major political or economic significance1. According to retired D.C. Circuit Judge Thomas Griffith and Haley Proctor, the “seminal statement” of the major questions doctrine comes from FDA v. Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp. (2000): "[W]e must be guided to a degree by common sense as to the manner in which Congress is likely to delegate a policy decision of such economic and political magnitude to an administrative agency.
...}

Basically it is my understanding that Congress has to first pass the legislation creating the concept, and they then give the executive the authority so they can fill in the exact regulatory wording.
Like Congress created the FCC, but then the technical details of what frequencies can be used by whom, is completely worded by exec FCC regulations.

I believe that the executive has to follow congressional law.
If congress thinks the executive got it wrong with they detailed out regulations under congressional legislation, then Congress can refine their legislation to make the executive follow more exactly wha they wanted.
The executive is not supposed to make law, just enforce it, and conduct diplomacy.
If Congress does not want presidents to give themselves copies of classified docs to keep, then they have to make a law saying that.
There is no such law now.

Last edited:
That doesn't tell me anything about why I should accept your legal acumen over theirs, or your accusation that they are acting in a partisan manner.
You can accept their “legal acumen” but you can’t claim they strictly adhere to the constitution.

You can accept their “legal acumen” but you can’t claim they strictly adhere to the constitution.
No, they don't always, but I'm not ready to accuse them of being completely partisan just because I disagree with some of their rulings.

But how could Trump possibly violated any classified doc law, since presidents have absolute authority over classified docs?
If you think being an ex-president makes difference, you would be wrong since when president, he can give copies to anyone, including himself.
Wow, you really have no understanding of the law and importance of classified information do you. But hey, if the law is on your side then trump has nothing to worry about

The fact is ex-presidents can and always do have all the classified doc copies they want, since all they have to do is give copies to themselves, when president.
Oh, this little chestnut of nonsense.

Being an EX-PRESIDENT doesn't give you ANY special rights. That's the point of Democracy. The privileges of president attach to the office not a particular man. Onces you're out of office you're a regular citizen.

PRIVATE citizen Trump was served with a subpoena demanding all the documents with classification markings.

If you squint really hard, and give Trump ALL POSSIBLE BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT, he could possible fight this subpoena bringing up this nonsense of classification. You do this when the subpoena is given.

At absolutely no time is president, let alone private citizen Trump allowed to lie to his lawyers and hide the documents from them. That is obstruction of justice. It's the same issue as with the new indictment. There are legal ways to fight the government when you're being aggrieved. If you fail to use these legal ways and use illegal means, you can't just apologize. Let alone presume you have the right to do so.

Ex presidents have no legal authority for retaining classified material.

Forum List

Back