Grand Juries should NOT be comprised of all DC democrats. We need a new law.... (Poll)

Do we need a law that juries need to be comprised of politically balanced jurors?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
We cannot have a fair trial when the DC juries (and Grand Juries) are comprised of all democrats.

I hope someone appeals to higher courts to ensure that juries (and Grande Juries) are comprised of politically balanced juries.

Not surprisingly, survey answers show how the heavily Democratic, government-centric city is in line with how elected Democrats view the Republican Trump-supporting protesters and their Capitol Building invasion. One defense attorney labeled Washington a place of “extreme community prejudice” with “an absolute lack of political diversity” and “tribal political landscape.”

We cannot have a fair trial when the DC juries (and Grand Juries) are comprised of all democrats.

I hope someone appeals to higher courts to ensure that juries (and Grande Juries) are comprised of politically balanced juries.

Not surprisingly, survey answers show how the heavily Democratic, government-centric city is in line with how elected Democrats view the Republican Trump-supporting protesters and their Capitol Building invasion. One defense attorney labeled Washington a place of “extreme community prejudice” with “an absolute lack of political diversity” and “tribal political landscape.

Why just DC? How about juries in deep red states? Who decides which side of a political line is a bias?

Either way…bad idea. This is deliberately politicizing our judicial system at its most important point: a trial by an independent jury. If they feel they can’t get a fair trial they can always ask for a different venue.

Last edited:

Not surprisingly, survey answers show how the heavily Democratic, government-centric city is in line with how elected Democrats view the Republican Trump-supporting protesters and their Capitol Building invasion. One defense attorney labeled Washington a place of “extreme community prejudice” with “an absolute lack of political diversity” and “tribal political landscape.”
Washington DC Democrat juries can never be trusted to be fair.
They will always protect corrupt Democrat Politicians and be unfair to Republicans.

washingtondcvotershghfkjfjf.jpg
washingtondccrimeufhj,g.jpg

I do not even know how you would even begin to evaluate the politics of people on grand juries to begin with and have the system not be totally corrupt.
1. Look at their voter registration
2. If not registered, give them a simple quiz

I don't have much faith in our justice system anymore and that isn't changing. Making laws or rules for our justice system to follow won't do a thing because they'll just ignore them. Radical people have taken control of our country.
1. We can't keep devolving into a communist state.
2. We need to start making the justice system more equitable, and NOT by letting criminals walk free, while political prisoners are kept in solitary confinement.

I do not even know how you would even begin to evaluate the politics of people on grand juries to begin with and have the system not be totally corrupt.
Look at how the Grand Juries in liberal NYC reacted differently to two nearly identical crimes (with the one committed by the black worse):

1. White guy accidentally kills homeless black lunatic threatening to kill passengers on a subway car. He remains on scene. Grand jury indicts him, and his faces 15 years in prison.

2. Black guy deliberately stabs to death a homeless black lunatic harassing passengers on a subway car. He flees the scene. Grand jury dismisses all charges, and he is a free man.

You really can’t have juries made up of anti-white liberals.

Why just DC? How about juries in deep red states? Who decides which side of a political line is a bias? Either way…bad idea.
This is deliberately politicizing our judicial system at its most important point: a trial by an independent jury. If they feel they can’t get a fair trial they can always ask for a different venue.
Red states and blue states, we need unbiased (or less biased) juries

DC juries are biased. That's why conservatives want trials outside of DC. How can we minimize political bias?

Red states and blue states, we need unbiased (or less biased) juries

DC juries are biased. That's why conservatives want trials outside of DC. How can we minimize political bias?

Lots of people want trials outside the jurisdiction they are in. They can always request a different venue and they can appeal the verdict.

There is also the faulty assumption that a juror cannot be impartial due to whatever political party they belong to. And what do you do with independents? This would corrupt the entire process.

Lawyers can question jurors and reject them, they can request a different venue. That would minimize it.

Why just DC? How about juries in deep red states? Who decides which side of a political line is a bias?

Either way…bad idea. This is deliberately politicizing our judicial system at its most important point: a trial by an independent jury. If they feel they can’t get a fair trial they can always ask for a different venue.
The local law enforcement and judicial systems may be in cahoots.

The local law enforcement and judicial systems may be in cahoots.
In some areas, yes that can happen. One clear example was in the initial handling of the Ahmed Arbery case. But, again, when you get to a jury trial itself, that seems less likely.

Washington DC Democrat juries can never be trusted to be fair.
They will always protect corrupt Democrat Politicians and be unfair to Republicans.

Then Republicans shouldn't commit crimes in DC.

The logic there is that if you exclude Democrats, you should also exclude Republicans.

1. We can't keep devolving into a communist state.
2. We need to start making the justice system more equitable, and NOT by letting criminals walk free, while political prisoners are kept in solitary confinement.

We don’t have any political prisoners in solitary that I’m aware of. We do, however, have a disturbing number of youth put in solitary.

Lawyers can ask those questions themselves and deny a juror during the selection process.

White guys complaining about biased juries....

incredibly funny.

jurystudy.jpg
Come on. I am 67 years old and live in a red area and was treated like a child from the local law enforcement while walking exercising. For not complying to orders for not putting two steps into a street at 4 in the morning I was humiliated and emasculated. I sat in a police car for an hour cuffed. Jaywalking and the usual resisting shit was the charge. I ended up paying 350 dollars total with the court case and frankly I will never forgive this. I lived in another area where the local law enforcement stopped me at least ten times over the years with the fascists even ringing K 9 dogs out for walking exercising a few times. And I lived there. We are not free. We live in tyranny. The authoritarians can abuse anyone they want. If you do anything to protest even with stupidity involved, they act like preachers down talking you. The wort part is when someone belittles you and they know nothing what you have gone through in life. Revenge is not one sided. And you better realize it.

Forum List

Back