Many American Jews Sour On Netanyahu

LOL Bibi is the new Bush you libs are seething with hatred. Why because he embarrassed your clown in the White House?
LOL Bibi is the new Bush you libs are seething with hatred. Why because he embarrassed your clown in the White House?

and Reagan and 41 and 43 ...

Reagan was not the only president willing to put daylight between the United States and Israel. His successor, George H.W. Bush, made waves at a 1990 news conference when he said, “My position is that the foreign policy of the United States says we do not believe there should be new settlements in the West Bank or in East Jerusalem.” It was a statement that could just as easily have been made by President Obama. But unlike Obama, Bush took this controversial position a step further, conditioning $10 billion of loan guarantees to Israel on a total cessation of settlement building. He later compromised and allowed the loans to go forward, but with deductions commensurate with Israel’s construction in the occupied territories.

His son George W. Bush is often held up as a model of unwavering support of Israel. But he took after his father when it came to settlement policy. As the New York Times reported in November 2003, the Bush Administration rescinded $289.5 million of loan guarantees to Israel as “punishment for illegal construction activities in the West Bank

Reagan was not the only president willing to put daylight between the United States and Israel. His successor, George H.W. Bush, made waves at a 1990 news conference when he said, “My position is that the foreign policy of the United States says we do not believe there should be new settlements in the West Bank or in East Jerusalem.” It was a statement that could just as easily have been made by President Obama. But unlike Obama, Bush took this controversial position a step further, conditioning $10 billion of loan guarantees to Israel on a total cessation of settlement building. He later compromised and allowed the loans to go forward, but with deductions commensurate with Israel’s construction in the occupied territories.

His son George W. Bush is often held up as a model of unwavering support of Israel. But he took after his father when it came to settlement policy. As the New York Times reported in November 2003, the Bush Administration rescinded $289.5 million of loan guarantees to Israel as “punishment for illegal construction activities in the West Bank

Dude, Obama is no Reagan. Netanyahu sat across from Obama at the White House in front of the world media and put a brutal beat down on the punk. Netanyahu told him how it was and how it was going to be and Obama just sat there and got spanked. Reagan would have stomped a hole in Netanyahu.

Dude, Obama is no Reagan. Netanyahu sat across from Obama at the White House in front of the world media and put a brutal beat down on the punk. Netanyahu told him how it was and how it was going to be and Obama just sat there and got spanked. Reagan would have stomped a hole in Netanyahu.

at least you haven't lost your stupidity.

43 was no Reagan and 41 was no Reagan either.

durrrrrrrrrrr

at least you haven't lost your stupidity.

43 was no Reagan and 41 was no Reagan either.

durrrrrrrrrrr

Ah so you bring Reagan into the discussion then pretend you didn't, that's kind of bizarre maybe you should taper off your meds and yes I do mean plural "meds".

So, how is your latest little Divide-and-Conquer attempt going, to create divisions between the People of the United States and the People of Israel?

Do you few remaining Orgasmic Obamabots still think that anybody outside your own ever-diminishing circle actually believes any of your shit in this context?

Silly little Muslim ass-kissers.

Bibi is not helping the Jews

He's helping Israel though. Otherwise they wouldn't have reelected him. The difference between American Jews and Israeli Jews, is the Israeli Jews are threatened every moment of every day with attack.

That alters your views of the world.

About 70% of the Jews in the US voted for Obama.

They got what they asked for. If they are going to make stupid decisions at the ballot box then they need to suffer the consequences.

I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Bibi as the Bulwark Against Mortal Peril!

Townhall.com ^
Foreign elections don't always interest Americans very much. But Benjamin Netanyahu has become a familiar name in America, almost pronounceable, since his speech to Congress. Many Americans, Democrats and Republicans, cheered him to the polls in Israel this week. They were persuaded by his argument, expressed in near-Churchillian rhetoric, that the negotiations with Iran to prevent an Islamic bomb could lead to a "very bad deal." They know the only democracy in the Middle East stands in mortal danger, and that means America and the West are in danger, too. To hear the big ayatollah and all the little mullahs...

I find it amusing that you are all critiquing the man and saying all manner of stupid shit all the while sitting safe and sound in a place where you don't have to worry about a Rocket raining down on you from above. ....while the Jews living in Israel....you know...the ones who HAVE to live with that threat re-elected him overwhelmingly......

I find it amusing that you are all critiquing the man and saying all manner of stupid shit all the while sitting safe and sound in a place where you don't have to worry about a Rocket raining down on you from above. ....while the Jews living in Israel....you know...the ones who HAVE to live with that threat re-elected him overwhelmingly......

Why are so-called "rockets raining down" on them?

Arab-Israeli-death-stats-38302265625.jpeg

stealing-palestine.jpg

stealing-palestine.jpg

Honey the moral of the story is don't fuck with the big dog.

Now the truth is you aren't the best model for the Palestinians, I mean the way you people lost and all.

stealing-palestine.jpg

Now the truth is you aren't the best model for the Palestinians, I mean the way you people lost and all.

Oh, I forgot the NaziCon motto: Might makes Right. Why not let the "big dog" stand alone?

stealing-palestine.jpg

Oh, I forgot the NaziCon motto: Might makes Right. Why not let the "big dog" stand alone?

The Palestinians could have peace today, they don't want it.

Israel chooses the path to apartheid

It was once possible to argue that Israel's policies were not the same as apartheid because their stated goal, however imperfectly pursued, was to end the occupation. After Netanyahu's reelection, this is no longer the case.

In my quarter century as Washington correspondent for Jewish newspapers, I frequently defended Israel against charges that it had created an apartheid system in the West Bank. But this week's election, with Benjamin Netanyahu poised to serve another term with an even more hardline coalition, means that apartheid is the path Israeli voters have chosen. The inevitable results will include even greater international isolation for the Jewish state, a boost to efforts to apply boycotts and sanctions, diminished support from American Jews and endlessly intensifying cycles of violence.

Since the Madrid peace process began in 1991, it was possible – though sometimes with great difficulty – to argue that Israel wanted to find some route to accommodation with the Palestinians. Sure, there were huge obstacles to overcome, not the least of which was a shortsighted Palestinian leadership and a volatile, nervous electorate in Israel.

But government after government at least said the right things about the need to create a Palestinian state and to make painful compromises, even if action lagged far behind the words.

It was possible to accept journalist Gershom Gorenberg's thesis that the occupation was an "accidental empire," its endurance shaped less by determined policies than by inertia and political cowardice. It was awful to watch even progressive governments cringe before an aggressive settlers movement, but it was understandable, especially for Americans accustomed to the timidity of our own leaders in the face of aggressive extremists.

The idea of apartheid suggests the intent to make separation and unequal treatment permanent, and in the past it was possible to argue that for all the expansion of settlements, Israel was still looking for ways to end the occupation.

No more.

More:
Israel chooses the path to apartheid - HAARETZ

Apartheid means that Netanyahu has openly declared Israel to be a racist nation - as formerly in South Africa.

25% of Israelis voted for Likud. Not exactly what I would call "overwhelming".

stealing-palestine.jpg

Ok I'm in let's let Hamas go at it with Israel, no help for either side....it'll be fun.

25% of Israelis voted for Likud. Not exactly what I would call "overwhelming".

Tell it to the World Press they see it differently.

Steve King: I Don’t Get How U.S. Jews ‘Can Be Democrats First and Jewish Second’

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) rebuked Jewish Democrats who support President Barack Obama‘s policies toward Israel, saying he doesn’t understand how American Jews “can be Democrats first and Jewish second.”

“Here’s what I don’t understand: I don’t understand how Jews in America can be Democrats first and Jewish second and support Israel along the line of just following their president,” King said on Boston Herald radio. “They’re knee-jerk supporters of the president’s policy.”

Steve King I Don t Get How U.S. Jews Can Be Democrats First and Jewish Second Mediaite

Forum List

Back