Many American Jews Sour On Netanyahu

content_nelson_mandela.jpg

I find it amusing that you are all critiquing the man and saying all manner of stupid shit all the while sitting safe and sound in a place where you don't have to worry about a Rocket raining down on you from above. ....while the Jews living in Israel....you know...the ones who HAVE to live with that threat re-elected him overwhelmingly......

Why are so-called "rockets raining down" on them?

Arab-Israeli-death-stats-38302265625.jpeg

stealing-palestine.jpg

Honey the moral of the story is don't fuck with the big dog.

Now the truth is you aren't the best model for the Palestinians, I mean the way you people lost and all.

Oh, I forgot the NaziCon motto: Might makes Right. Why not let the "big dog" stand alone?

Ok I'm in let's let Hamas go at it with Israel, no help for either side....it'll be fun.
I find it amusing that you are all critiquing the man and saying all manner of stupid shit all the while sitting safe and sound in a place where you don't have to worry about a Rocket raining down on you from above. ....while the Jews living in Israel....you know...the ones who HAVE to live with that threat re-elected him overwhelmingly......

25% of Israelis voted for Likud. Not exactly what I would call "overwhelming".

Tell it to the World Press they see it differently.

Who cares how "World Press" sees it?

Why are so-called "rockets raining down" on them?

Arab-Israeli-death-stats-38302265625.jpeg

stealing-palestine.jpg

Honey the moral of the story is don't fuck with the big dog.

Now the truth is you aren't the best model for the Palestinians, I mean the way you people lost and all.

Oh, I forgot the NaziCon motto: Might makes Right. Why not let the "big dog" stand alone?

Ok I'm in let's let Hamas go at it with Israel, no help for either side....it'll be fun.

25% of Israelis voted for Likud. Not exactly what I would call "overwhelming".

Tell it to the World Press they see it differently.

Who cares how "World Press" sees it?

LMAO, well who gives a shit how you see it Doc?

Here let me help you.....you will fare MUCH better when you realize as I have that nobody really cares how either of us see it.

You look pretty stupid here though...

Elections for the 20th Knesset
17 March 2015
Party
Chairman % Seats +/−
Likud Benjamin Netanyahu
23.40% 30 +12
Zionist Union Isaac Herzog, Tzipi Livni 18.67% 24 +3
Joint List Ayman Odeh 10.54% 13 +2
Yesh Atid Yair Lapid 8.81% 11 -8
Kulanu Moshe Kahlon 7.49% 10 +10
The Jewish Home Naftali Bennett 6.74% 8 -4
Shas Aryeh Deri 5.73% 7 -4
Yisrael Beiteinu Avigdor Lieberman 5.11% 6 -7
United Torah Judaism Yaakov Litzman 5.03% 6 -1
Meretz Zehava Gal-On 3.93% 5 -1
(Total number of seats) 120

Israeli legislative election 2015 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So, only 23.40% of Israelis voted for Netanyahu's Likud party - which means that 76.60% did not. What does that say?

17 March 2015
Party
Chairman % Seats +/−
Likud Benjamin Netanyahu
23.40% 30 +12

So, only 23.40% of Israelis voted for Netanyahu's Likud party - which means that 76.60% did not. What does that say?

Ooh I know, I know

It says his party was the most popular party in the country!

What did I win?

17 March 2015
Party
Chairman % Seats +/−
Likud Benjamin Netanyahu
23.40% 30 +12

It says that he is the Israeli PM.

Next?

17 March 2015
Party
Chairman % Seats +/−
Likud Benjamin Netanyahu
23.40% 30 +12

Ooh I know, I know

It says his party was the most popular party in the country!

What did I win?

Well, first you brush your teeth and use a strong disinfecting mouthwash.

Bibi knew he was screwed if the US gave up its veto against UN resolutions. I truly think the man is a little imbalanced. I think someone else said in a thread that he is the Dick Cheney of Israel. HOW TRUE!

Gee, one would never know to read your anti-Semitic, Arab propaganda that Netanyahu won the election by a decisive margin and that he received more votes than any previous candidate for prime minister in the previous 20 years.

Long before the latest election in Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu was a polarizing figure among American Jews. But even many of his supporters said this week that they were appalled at his last-minute bid to mobilize Jewish voters by warning that Arabs were going to the polls in droves, and his renunciation of a two-state solution to the Palestinian crisis.

Mr. Netanyahu’s party won the election and cheers from hard-line American Jews. But in interviews this week, rabbis, scholars and Jews from across the country and a range of denominations said that with his campaign tactics, he had further divided American Jews and alienated even some conservatives, who had already suspected that he was more committed to building settlements than building peace with the Palestinians.

Even with Mr. Netanyahu’s postelection interview walking back his statements against a two-state plan for peace with Palestinians, many Jews say they are worried that the most lasting outcome of the elections will be the increasing isolation of Israel — not only around the world but also from the younger generation of American Jews. Unlike their parents and grandparents, these Jews have grown up in an era when Israel is portrayed not as a heroic underdog but as an oppressive occupier, and many of them tend to see Mr. Netanyahu as out of step with their views on Israel and the world.

Much More: Netanyahu Tactics Anger Many U.S. Jews, Deepening a Divide - The New York Times

Are these American anti-Netanyahu Jews guilty of anti-Semitism? What about American Jews who are also part Arab?

Note to mods: If you move this thread - please leave a trail.
Head Jew sour on lead American Neeeeeeeeeeegro.

Gee, one would never know to read your anti-Semitic, Arab propaganda that Netanyahu won the election by a decisive margin and that he received more votes than any previous candidate for prime minister in the previous 20 years.

Well, no - no one "votes" for PM in Israel, they vote for a party.

And Likud under Sharon got more than 28% of the vote in 2003.

Long before the latest election in Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu was a polarizing figure among American Jews. But even many of his supporters said this week that they were appalled at his last-minute bid to mobilize Jewish voters by warning that Arabs were going to the polls in droves, and his renunciation of a two-state solution to the Palestinian crisis.

Mr. Netanyahu’s party won the election and cheers from hard-line American Jews. But in interviews this week, rabbis, scholars and Jews from across the country and a range of denominations said that with his campaign tactics, he had further divided American Jews and alienated even some conservatives, who had already suspected that he was more committed to building settlements than building peace with the Palestinians.

Even with Mr. Netanyahu’s postelection interview walking back his statements against a two-state plan for peace with Palestinians, many Jews say they are worried that the most lasting outcome of the elections will be the increasing isolation of Israel — not only around the world but also from the younger generation of American Jews. Unlike their parents and grandparents, these Jews have grown up in an era when Israel is portrayed not as a heroic underdog but as an oppressive occupier, and many of them tend to see Mr. Netanyahu as out of step with their views on Israel and the world.

Much More: Netanyahu Tactics Anger Many U.S. Jews, Deepening a Divide - The New York Times

Are these American anti-Netanyahu Jews guilty of anti-Semitism? What about American Jews who are also part Arab?

New York Times Buried Holocaust News

The New York Times consistently buried Holocaust news in its back pages and downplayed the victims' Jewish identity. So states the first scholarly study of how the Times covered the Nazi genocide. Buried by The Times: The Holocaust and America's Most Important Newspaper," by Prof. Laurel Leff, has just been published by Cambridge University Press.

Among the book's key findings, according to The David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies, are the following:

* Holocaust news was consistently relegated to the Times' back pages. Of the 1,186 articles that the Times published during 1939-1945 about Europe's Jews, only 26 (about two percent) of them appeared on the front page, and even those articles "obscured the fact that most of the victims were Jews."

* New York Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger, an assimilated Jew of German descent, feared that the newspaper would be engaging in special pleading and thus deliberately downplayed news of the Holocaust and the Jewish identity of the victims.

* The Times only rarely published editorials about the annihilation of Europe's Jews, and only once ran a lead editorial about the Nazi genocide.

Book Reveals New York Times Buried Holocaust News

We didn't go to war to save the Jews, boys, and we knew they were being slaughtered. The question is, why didn't they die like men instead of like sheep behind barbed wire?

That's just plain wrong dude.

They were ordinary people....men, women, children. And they made the mistake of trusting their government until it was too late. The Japanese that were interned...went peacefully. They were good citizens and patriotic.

It's hard to believe people and governments are capable of some of those things when you think you are in a civilized society.

New York Times Buried Holocaust News

The New York Times consistently buried Holocaust news in its back pages and downplayed the victims' Jewish identity. So states the first scholarly study of how the Times covered the Nazi genocide. Buried by The Times: The Holocaust and America's Most Important Newspaper," by Prof. Laurel Leff, has just been published by Cambridge University Press.

Among the book's key findings, according to The David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies, are the following:

* Holocaust news was consistently relegated to the Times' back pages. Of the 1,186 articles that the Times published during 1939-1945 about Europe's Jews, only 26 (about two percent) of them appeared on the front page, and even those articles "obscured the fact that most of the victims were Jews."

* New York Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger, an assimilated Jew of German descent, feared that the newspaper would be engaging in special pleading and thus deliberately downplayed news of the Holocaust and the Jewish identity of the victims.

* The Times only rarely published editorials about the annihilation of Europe's Jews, and only once ran a lead editorial about the Nazi genocide.

Book Reveals New York Times Buried Holocaust News

We didn't go to war to save the Jews, boys, and we knew they were being slaughtered. The question is, why didn't they die like men instead of like sheep behind barbed wire?

they couldn't believe was was happening and scumbag news papers like the NY times buried the horror

Not just the NYT. Everyone. No one wanted to get involved or believe what was happening. Antisemitism was common. Even the American Jewish community did not want to make waves that would bring negative attention on them.

Forum List

Back