Man who threatened to shoot Donald Trump captured in Ohio

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
source: Man who threatened to shoot President Donald Trump captured in Ohio - CNNPolitics

Thoughts?

Shawn Richard Christy, 27, of McAdoo, Pennsylvania, had been on the run since June after a federal warrant was taken out that accused him of posting threats on Facebook against Trump and Northampton County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney John Morganelli. A US Marshals Service news release said Christy was found in a wooded areas of Mifflin Township in northern Ohio.
180921204949-donald-trump-threat-arrested-exlarge-169.jpg

According to officials, in June Christy posted online: "Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."
Christy was arrested Friday after a brief foot chase, the news release states. He was found with a knife and a .380-caliber handgun.

Last edited:
Thoughts?

Shawn Richard Christy, 27, of McAdoo, Pennsylvania, had been on the run since June after a federal warrant was taken out that accused him of posting threats on Facebook against Trump and Northampton County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney John Morganelli. A US Marshals Service news release said Christy was found in a wooded areas of Mifflin Township in northern Ohio.

According to officials, in June Christy posted online: "Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."
Christy was arrested Friday fter a brief foot chase, the news release states. He was found with a knife and a .380-caliber handgun.
/----/ Obviously the guy has mental issues but what fascinates me is how the Marshals were able to track one guy halfway across the country and catch him in a field. Great job.

Thoughts?

Christy was arrested Friday fter a brief foot chase, the news release states. He was found with a knife and a .380-caliber handgun.
/----/ Obviously the guy has mental issues but what fascinates me is how the Marshals were able to track one guy halfway across the country and catch him in a field. Great job.

I uh don't think northern Ohio counts as "halfway across the country". It's the next state over.

Reminds me of the capture of Eric Rudolph. Near here. Although Rudolph actually did kill people.

The OP, which submits a picture but no link for the story so we have to take his word for all this, created a false title. He didn't threaten to shoot Rump; he threatened to shoot John Morganelli. Somebody needs to learn to English.

Thoughts?

Good....those who make physical threats are breaking the law....oh, and congrats on taking him alive.

Thoughts?

I uh don't think northern Ohio counts as "halfway across the country". It's the next state over.

Reminds me of the capture of Eric Rudolph. Near here. Although Rudolph actually did kill people.

The OP, which submits a picture but no link for the story so we have to take his word for all this, created a false title. He didn't threaten to shoot Rump; he threatened to shoot John Morganelli. Somebody needs to learn to English.
/----/ I misread Ohio as Idaho. Sorry, I've only had 4 cups of coffee.

Thoughts?

Less typing, more drinking. You are no good to us like this.

Thoughts?

Less typing, more drinking. You are no good to us like this.
/---/ Well it's still fascinating how they tracked this guy down.

Thoughts?

Actually, there's a link in the post. And this man did threaten to kill Donald.

On another note, I don't see a need to assume he has mental issues. Let's not assume all people who do bad things are just sick. Sometimes they're just bad people.

Thoughts?

Here is a link from CNN. It states clearly Trump was also an intended target
Man who threatened to shoot President Donald Trump captured in Ohio - CNNPolitics

Anyone who post threats against any President on social media should be arrested.

Thoughts?

Here is a link from CNN. It states clearly Trump was also an intended target
Man who threatened to shoot President Donald Trump captured in Ohio - CNNPolitics

That link belongs in your OP --- not downstream after somebody calls you out for not posting one.

And it still doesn't say what you claimed. You already posted his threat, to wit:

"Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."

"I'll put a bullet in your head" is a direct threat to Morganelli.

"as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump." is a conditional phrase. Technically it describes WHEN he will shoot Morganelli. Since he's using that as a condition, if he his fantasy shooting of Rump never happens, then by his own timetable he cannot shoot Morganelli, as that condition has not been established. Practically it's bravado to set up the threat on Morganelli.

You can't threaten somebody in the third person. If he were to threaten Rump, the threat would have to go *TO* Rump, not to some third party who has no connection.

Y'all have got to learn how to figure out that you have to read past fake headlines. Fake headlines are written to grab eyeballs, not to be accurate.

Last edited:
source: Man who threatened to shoot President Donald Trump captured in Ohio - CNNPolitics

Thoughts?

Christy was arrested Friday after a brief foot chase, the news release states. He was found with a knife and a .380-caliber handgun.
Typical progressive

Thoughts?

That's because in spite of what tRump says federal law enforcement is pretty damn good at their job.

As far as the guy, glad he's been caught. As much as I dislike our so called *president* we can't have people running around threatening to kill him

Thoughts?

On another note, I don't see a need to assume he has mental issues. Let's not assume all people who do bad things are just sick. Sometimes they're just bad people.

He just edited that link in there after I called out its absence. And there's no evidence he threatened anybody but Morganelli. And agreed on the second point.

Thoughts?

He just edited that link in there after I called out its absence. And there's no evidence he threatened anybody but Morganelli. And agreed on the second point.

Your posts are 20 minutes apart, and if he had edited his post there would be a "last edited" line on the bottom of the post. Also, the man very clearly stated that he would kill the President. How much more evidence do you need that made a threat?

I think the problem here is that you can't read.

Thoughts?

Theres two links.
The second one was already there, i edited the first one just now.
I am still new to this site, and have a lot to learn and will post links in the OP in the future

Thoughts?

Your posts are 20 minutes apart, and if he had edited his post there would be a "last edited" line on the bottom of the post. Also, the man very clearly stated that he would kill the President. How much more evidence do you need that made a threat?

Right now the OP says "last edited 13 minutes ago" while mine was posted 28 minutes ago. See if you can figure out which came first. Then see post 13 for an English lesson. What he stated was that he would 'put a bullet in' Morganelli's head. That was the declarative sentence.

Right now the OP says "last edited 13 minutes ago" while mine was posted 28 minutes ago. See if you can figure out which came first. Then see post 13 for an English lesson. What he stated was that he would 'put a bullet in' Morganelli's head. That was the declarative sentence.

Okay I get what you mean
"Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."
So he threatens to shoot Morganelli, and the shooting of Trump is just another thing he will do before he does that. He didn't directly threaten Trump, but he is basically implying he will shoot Trump which is pretty bad

Forum List

Back