Man who threatened to shoot Donald Trump captured in Ohio

/----/ Obviously the guy has mental issues but what fascinates me is how the Marshals were able to track one guy halfway across the country and catch him in a field. Great job.

I uh don't think northern Ohio counts as "halfway across the country". It's the next state over.

Reminds me of the capture of Eric Rudolph. Near here. Although Rudolph actually did kill people.

The OP, which submits a picture but no link for the story so we have to take his word for all this, created a false title. He didn't threaten to shoot Rump; he threatened to shoot John Morganelli. Somebody needs to learn to English.

Actually, there's a link in the post. And this man did threaten to kill Donald.

On another note, I don't see a need to assume he has mental issues. Let's not assume all people who do bad things are just sick. Sometimes they're just bad people.

He just edited that link in there after I called out its absence. And there's no evidence he threatened anybody but Morganelli. And agreed on the second point.

Your posts are 20 minutes apart, and if he had edited his post there would be a "last edited" line on the bottom of the post. Also, the man very clearly stated that he would kill the President. How much more evidence do you need that made a threat?

I think the problem here is that you can't read.

Right now the OP says "last edited 13 minutes ago" while mine was posted 28 minutes ago. See if you can figure out which came first. Then see post 13 for an English lesson. What he stated was that he would 'put a bullet in' Morganelli's head. That was the declarative sentence.
/----/ Your arguments remind me of another one
iu

Right now the OP says "last edited 13 minutes ago" while mine was posted 28 minutes ago. See if you can figure out which came first. Then see post 13 for an English lesson.

And if you look back, my comment was 8 minutes before the OP was edited. You do this a lot, I've noticed. You blow your argument by not paying attention to a simple details, and when the correct facts are pointed out, you jump through hula hoops trying to play stupid and pretend that you didn't mess up.

You weren't paying attention. It's as simple as that. Not only did he include a link from the beginning, but that link also clearly states that the man threatened the President.

Right now the OP says "last edited 13 minutes ago" while mine was posted 28 minutes ago. See if you can figure out which came first. Then see post 13 for an English lesson.

And if you look back, my comment was 8 minutes before the OP was edited. You do this a lot, I've noticed. You blow your argument by not paying attention to a simple details, and when the correct facts are pointed out, you jump through hula hoops trying to play stupid and pretend that you didn't mess up.

You weren't paying attention. It's as simple as that. Not only did he include a link from the beginning, but that link also clearly states that the man threatened the President.

Yeah? Where is that? Quote it.

Thoughts?

Shawn Richard Christy, 27, of McAdoo, Pennsylvania, had been on the run since June after a federal warrant was taken out that accused him of posting threats on Facebook against Trump and Northampton County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney John Morganelli. A US Marshals Service news release said Christy was found in a wooded areas of Mifflin Township in northern Ohio.
180921204949-donald-trump-threat-arrested-exlarge-169.jpg

According to officials, in June Christy posted online: "Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."
Christy was arrested Friday fter a brief foot chase, the news release states. He was found with a knife and a .380-caliber handgun.
/----/ Obviously the guy has mental issues but what fascinates me is how the Marshals were able to track one guy halfway across the country and catch him in a field. Great job.

I uh don't think northern Ohio counts as "halfway across the country". It's the next state over.

Reminds me of the capture of Eric Rudolph. Near here. Although Rudolph actually did kill people.

The OP, which submits a picture but no link for the story so we have to take his word for all this, created a false title. He didn't threaten to shoot Rump; he threatened to shoot John Morganelli. Somebody needs to learn to English.
Reminds me more of the Unibomber.

On another note, I don't see a need to assume he has mental issues. Let's not assume all people who do bad things are just sick. Sometimes they're just bad people.

He just edited that link in there after I called out its absence. And there's no evidence he threatened anybody but Morganelli. And agreed on the second point.

Your posts are 20 minutes apart, and if he had edited his post there would be a "last edited" line on the bottom of the post. Also, the man very clearly stated that he would kill the President. How much more evidence do you need that made a threat?

Right now the OP says "last edited 13 minutes ago" while mine was posted 28 minutes ago. See if you can figure out which came first. Then see post 13 for an English lesson. What he stated was that he would 'put a bullet in' Morganelli's head. That was the declarative sentence.
iu

Sorry, that means nothing. Don't have a reference. :dunno:

iu

/----/ A bit obscure I guess
The question "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" (alternatively "How many angels can stand on the point of a pin?"[1]) is a reductio ad absurdum of medieval scholasticism in general, and its angelology in particular, as represented by figures such as Duns Scotus and Thomas Aquinas.[2][3] It is first recorded in the 17th century, in the context of Protestant apologetics. The question has also been linked to the fall of Constantinople, with the imagery of scholars debating about minutiae while the Turks besieged the city.[4][5] In modern usage, it therefore has been used as a metaphor for wasting time debating topics of no practical value, or questions whose answers hold no intellectual consequence, while more urgent concerns pile up.[1][4]

Thoughts?

Shawn Richard Christy, 27, of McAdoo, Pennsylvania, had been on the run since June after a federal warrant was taken out that accused him of posting threats on Facebook against Trump and Northampton County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney John Morganelli. A US Marshals Service news release said Christy was found in a wooded areas of Mifflin Township in northern Ohio.

According to officials, in June Christy posted online: "Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."
Christy was arrested Friday fter a brief foot chase, the news release states. He was found with a knife and a .380-caliber handgun.

Reminds me more of the Unibomber.

How so?

iu

The question "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" (alternatively "How many angels can stand on the point of a pin?"[1]) is a reductio ad absurdum of medieval scholasticism in general, and its angelology in particular, as represented by figures such as Duns Scotus and Thomas Aquinas.[2][3] It is first recorded in the 17th century, in the context of Protestant apologetics. The question has also been linked to the fall of Constantinople, with the imagery of scholars debating about minutiae while the Turks besieged the city.[4][5] In modern usage, it therefore has been used as a metaphor for wasting time debating topics of no practical value, or questions whose answers hold no intellectual consequence, while more urgent concerns pile up.[1][4]

It isn't that big a story, I agree with that. But the headline is false, and False needs to be called out.

This is the chronic problem with commercial sensationalist media ----- it's not that the stories are fake, it's that the headlines are. CNN knows they're not going to sell internet clicks with a story called "Man who Threatened to Shoot DA Morganelli Captured in Ohio". So they take liberties to stretch the headline. This is hardly an isolated example.

iu

It isn't that big a story, I agree with that. But the headline is false, and False needs to be called out.

This is the chronic problem with commercial sensationalist media ----- it's not that the stories are fake, it's that the headlines are. CNN knows they're not going to sell internet clicks with a story called "Man who Threatened to Shoot DA Morganelli Captured in Ohio". So they take liberties to stretch the headline. This is hardly an isolated example.
real talk

Sorry bout that,

1. So have many celebrity types have done as much, even on national tv, and the networks raise no brows, why aren't the celebrities gathered up in some field?
  2. Hauled off to jail to appear in front a judge to answer the charges?
  3. Money keeps them from going to jail, this guy must of been broke.
  4. Its time equal justice for ALL.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

As you can see the now provided link which confirms the OP's title was from CNN which actually makes your case stronger.

Thoughts?

I agree and the SS and LEO take a dim view of someone threatening the POTUS no matter who that person is.

He sure looks like a nut case.

Forum List

Back