New Mexico: Failed Republican candidate paid me to shoot officials, gunman says

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Huh. Some just have to go all crazy and take their obsessions too far. This guy lost by 50% and yet still thinks his election was somehow 'rigged'.

A man in the US state of New Mexico has pleaded guilty to helping a defeated Republican candidate carry out drive-by shootings at the home of Democrats.
The defendant, Demetrio Trujillo, says the candidate, Solomon Peña, hired him after failing to win a seat in the state legislature in November 2022.
Over the following weeks, the residences of several Democratic officials were attacked in Albuquerque.
Mr Peña has denied the charges against him and is due to stand trial in June.
The case comes amid fears over a rise in political violence in the US.
Trujillo, 42, was arrested last month in connection with the Albuquerque shootings in late 2022 and early 2023.
In a plea agreement with federal prosecutors, he admitted to five charges, including conspiracy, election interference and using a firearm.
In a statement, federal prosecutors said that in December 2022, Mr Peña paid Trujillo to shoot at the homes of three former election candidates to intimidate them.
In January Mr Peña and Trujillo carried out one of the planned shootings, the statement added. Trujillo is due to be sentenced later.
Mr Peña lost the election to the state legislature by nearly 50 percentage points, but alleges that the vote was "rigged".
Police say he approached the four Democrats he later targeted to pressure them to overturn the results.
At the time, Mr Peña's Twitter account suggested he may have been inspired by former president Donald Trump's false claims of election fraud.

His last message on Twitter, posted on 15 November 2022, read: "Trump just announced for 2024. I stand with him. I never conceded my [House District] race. Now researching my options."

Huh. Some just have to go all crazy and take their obsessions too far. This guy lost by 50% and yet still thinks his election was somehow 'rigged'.

A man in the US state of New Mexico has pleaded guilty to helping a defeated Republican candidate carry out drive-by shootings at the home of Democrats.
The defendant, Demetrio Trujillo, says the candidate, Solomon Peña, hired him after failing to win a seat in the state legislature in November 2022.
Over the following weeks, the residences of several Democratic officials were attacked in Albuquerque.
Trujillo, 42, was arrested last month in connection with the Albuquerque shootings in late 2022 and early 2023.
In a plea agreement with federal prosecutors, he admitted to five charges, including conspiracy, election interference and using a firearm.
In a statement, federal prosecutors said that in December 2022, Mr Peña paid Trujillo to shoot at the homes of three former election candidates to intimidate them.
In January Mr Peña and Trujillo carried out one of the planned shootings, the statement added. Trujillo is due to be sentenced later.
Mr Peña lost the election to the state legislature by nearly 50 percentage points, but alleges that the vote was "rigged".
Police say he approached the four Democrats he later targeted to pressure them to overturn the results.
At the time, Mr Peña's Twitter account suggested he may have been inspired by former president Donald Trump's false claims of election fraud.

His last message on Twitter, posted on 15 November 2022, read: "Trump just announced for 2024. I stand with him. I never conceded my [House District] race. Now researching my options."
Going Bananas is not just limited to the statist left marxists!

Another one?

These losers are violent.

A republican?

Na Bra.

They are way to stable and nonviolent for that.

It's not like the ones here are strutting around bragging about things like starting the second civil war, shooting shoplifters, or lionizing murderers.

(/SNARK)

Forum List

Back