Man forced to ditch $115K Ford EV truck during family road trip to Chicago: ‘biggest scam of modern times’

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
Who needs this crap? The only alternative is Hybrid because you have a ICE providing power to the electric motors. You can't get stuck.

Wow! That's severely messed up.

But not surprising.

Who needs this crap? The only alternative is Hybrid because you have a ICE providing power to the electric motors. You can't get stuck.
What kinda moron pays Porsche money for a ford? Who cares what it runs on.

I'm currently on a x-country road trip and when I left LA, Teslas and their cousins were a fairly common sight.

Even in Las Vegas, you could find them here and there... however, once I reached the Southwest and Midwest, they were all but gone, the two I did see were driving 40MPH in the right lane of am 80MPH highway, presumably trying to stretch that battery in hopes of reaching a plug.

These cars were not made for driving in America.

I had one of the first Toyota Highlander Hybrids. Great car. MPG not outstanding but the thing was pretty zippy. Traveling on I-5, 101 degrees F. towing a trailer. Car dies. Will not start. Completely dead. Had it towed to a garage, no one knew how to work on it. Had to pay $500 to have it towed to a Toyota dealer. The AC apparently went out which killed the whole hybrid drive. Cost more than the car was worth to get it fixed. Sold it cheap to a guy that didn't care about the AC.

neither were cell phones and every other next gen tech when they first came out,,

To my certain knowledge, no one ever suggested banning land lines, dot matrix printers, or VCRs, while we worked the bugs out of the technologies that eventually replaces them.

No one has a problem with old ladies and man bun hipsters buying Evs. It's the legislation that will force people to buy them before the technology is viable that has people uneasy.

I'm currently on a x-country road trip and when I left LA, Teslas and their cousins were a fairly common sight.

Even in Las Vegas, you could find them here and there... however, once I reached the Southwest and Midwest, they were all but gone, the two I did see were driving 40MPH in the right lane of am 80MPH highway, presumably trying to stretch that battery in hopes of reaching a plug.

These cars were not made for driving in America.
Range stress is killing EV sales.

To my certain knowledge, no one ever suggested banning land lines, dot matrix printers, or VCRs, while we worked the bugs out of the technologies that eventually replaces them.

No one has a problem with old ladies and man bun hipsters buying Evs. It's the legislation that will force people to buy them before the technology is viable that has people uneasy.
thats a different problem,,

it took 60yrs to get the interstates and in some ways we are still working on the infrastructure for ICE's

Yes, unneeded government subsidies only hinder faster and better development. Global warming was/is a proven hoax. Now they changed the cult name to 'Climate Change' and set up whole government 'green' bureaucracies that take our tax dollars to create more and more silly environmental regulations requiring more money for development of ideas and land. Now they are taking more tax dollars for EV subsidies which contaminates the vehicle market.

my ford is faster and more dependable that any porsche, your spam does not taste better than tenderloin
/----/ Reading comprehension is not your forte. Besides, Porsche's advantage is to take corners faster than other cars giving them advantage.
Take a look at Porsche 911 top speed numbers below: Porsche 911 Carrera Top Speed: 182 mph Porsche 911 Targa 4 Top Speed: 179 mph Porsche 911 GTS Top Speed: 193 mph Porsche 911 Turbo Top Speed: 198 mph Porsche 911 Speedster Top Speed: 192 mph

LOL! You know what they say about a fool and his money...

Forum List

Back