Granholm's EV Road Trip Turns Into an Entitlement Clown Show, Family Forced to Call Police

Hollie

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2012
It was just another disaster for the Biden politburo as his energy secretary on an EV road-trip discovered her perceived entitlement wasn’t enough to prevent a total embarrassment.

But between stops, Granholm's entourage at times had to grapple with the limitations of the present. Like when her caravan of EVs — including a luxury Cadillac Lyriq, a hefty Ford F-150 and an affordable Bolt electric utility vehicle — was planning to fast-charge in Grovetown, a suburb of Augusta, Georgia.

Her advance team realized there weren't going to be enough plugs to go around. One of the station's four chargers was broken, and others were occupied. So an Energy Department staffer tried parking a nonelectric vehicle by one of those working chargers to reserve a spot for the approaching secretary of energy.

That did not go down well: a regular gas-powered car blocking the only free spot for a charger?

In fact, a family that was boxed out — on a sweltering day, with a baby in the vehicle — was so upset they decided to get the authorities involved: They called the police.

It was just another disaster for the Biden politburo as his energy secretary on an EV road-trip discovered her perceived entitlement wasn’t enough to prevent a total embarrassment.

But between stops, Granholm's entourage at times had to grapple with the limitations of the present. Like when her caravan of EVs — including a luxury Cadillac Lyriq, a hefty Ford F-150 and an affordable Bolt electric utility vehicle — was planning to fast-charge in Grovetown, a suburb of Augusta, Georgia.

Her advance team realized there weren't going to be enough plugs to go around. One of the station's four chargers was broken, and others were occupied. So an Energy Department staffer tried parking a nonelectric vehicle by one of those working chargers to reserve a spot for the approaching secretary of energy.

That did not go down well: a regular gas-powered car blocking the only free spot for a charger?

In fact, a family that was boxed out — on a sweltering day, with a baby in the vehicle — was so upset they decided to get the authorities involved: They called the police.
if we would have gradually pushed hybrid cars, with the piece of mind when you're in the middle of nowhere. You have a gas engine, especially when it is 5 degrees outside

then when we get rhe electric thing figgered out in 50 yrs, well fine thenf

if we would have gradually pushed hybrid cars, with the piece of mind when you're in the middle of nowhere. You have a gas engine, especially when it is 5 degrees outside

The fun is just starting. With the Biden politburo looking to kill diesel engines and eventually require electric powered tractor trailers for the trucking industry, it’s just another disaster in the works.

The fun is just starting. With the Biden politburo looking to kill diesel engines and eventually require electric powered tractor trailers for the trucking industry, it’s just another disaster in the works.
we'll be paying 4 bucks by xmas if we're lucky, these bastrds sre going to make a big profit before pedo joe exits......................just ask ashley with the soapy soapy with dad da

we'll be paying 4 bucks by xmas if we're lucky, these bastrds sre going to make a big profit before pedo joe exits......................just ask ashley with the soapy soapy with dad da

So you think the president sets prices and makes big profits?

The oil companies are the ones shafting us. Look at the record profits they pulls in in 2021 & 2022.

The oil companies are the ones shafting us. Look at the record profits they pulls in in 2021 & 2022.
omg..... russia and the saudis cut a shitload of production recently.......2021-22?????

potato head closed the usa pil production if you have not noticed....hope you love the dirty oil....lol

When the price of oil goes up, the oil companies make more money. You don't want them to have record profits as they did in the first two years under Biden's anti-fossil fuel moves, tell him to open up for more drilling so oil prices go down.

Actually Biden IS responsible for high fuel prices when he rescinded Trump's energy EOs. Politicians need to stay out of the free market.

Hybrids were the only plausible driver for any type of transition from fossil fuels. Then liberals got all Chicken Little and decided zero emissions now!!!! Idiots.

For those who don't want even hybrid cars though, I protest a government having the power/authority/gall to dictate what I am required to drive.

I say let the free market and capitalism develop the transportation that we need according to resources available to it as it has always done in the entire history of humankind.

Government does so very few things well. I do not want it having control of the transportation that I use. Regulate necessary safety measures too--i.e. cars MUST have brakes, headlights, taillights whatever to be street legal--but let the free market develop what the people want and need.

For those who don't want even hybrid cars though, I protest a government having the power/authority/gall to dictate what I am required to drive.

I say let the free market and capitalism develop the transportation that we need according to resources available to it as it has always done in the entire history of humankind.

Government does so very few things well. I do not want it having control of the transportation that I use. Regulate necessary safety measures too--i.e. cars MUST have brakes, headlights, taillights whatever to be street legal--but let the free market develop what the people want and need.
Government is giving subsidies for 'green' energy which includes EVs and hybrids. There is no free market with government subsidies.

Government is giving subsidies for 'green' energy which includes EVs and hybrids. There is no free market with government subsidies.
The subsidies are one thing and I agree they screw up a free market, generally benefit the affluent the most, and drain resources from the people. But dictating what we must and cannot drive is quite something else and is even worse.

The subsidies are one thing and I agree they screw up a free market, generally benefit the affluent the most, and drain resources from the people. But dictating what we must and cannot drive is quite something else and is even worse.
Agreed, dictates are unacceptable. Subsidies are, IMO, tacit dictates.

Agreed, dictates are unacceptable. Subsidies are, IMO, tacit dictates.
And effectively, temporary price fixing that manipulates the market. The so-called federal subsidies for EV’s are taxpayer dollars, amounting to another federal tax… on taxpayers.

Greenies are determined to push EV’s onto the public whether we like it or not

When the price of oil goes up, the oil companies make more money. You don't want them to have record profits as they did in the first two years under Biden's anti-fossil fuel moves, tell him to open up for more drilling so oil prices go down.
~~~~~~
It a natural supply and demand. BTW are you claiming that Saudi Arabia, Russia and the rest of OPEC are control by American oil companies?
The other question is why has Biden emptied emptied our SPR?
This is a direct act and Clear and Present danger to America's National Security.
American went from $1.89/gal in 2020 to nearly $4.00/gal in 2023 for gasoline or $4.52 for diesel.

Greenies are determined to push EV’s onto the public whether we like it or not
i have been banned 3 times in the last 45 days with about 5 days of posting for reasons i have no reason why...............and i look at all the horseshat around me.........well i'll be banned soon for dare talkin bout my own bannings...maybe i'll see ya in 10 days or so.......being shunned every so often is good for the soul...but this is gettin annoying and ridikilus

all i have is posting on aol and you should see the responses from these aol lifers..lol..............why aol?...they're all the same characters in different bodies

i have been banned 3 times in the last 45 days with about 5 days of posting for reasons i have no reason why...............and i look at all the horseshat around me.........well i'll be banned soon for dare talkin bout my own bannings...maybe i'll see ya in 10 days or so.......being shunned every so often is good for the soul...but this is gettin annoying and ridikilus

all i have is posting on aol and you should see the responses from these aol lifers..lol..............why aol?...they're all the same characters in different bodies
Good luck and best wishes

Forum List

Back