Man Being Released From Mental Facility After Alexandria ‘Werewolf' Killing

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A man who brutally killed a store manager in Alexandria, Virginia, because he allegedly believed the victim was a werewolf is being allowed to leave a mental health facility and move into the community, News4 is first to report.

Friends of the victim, Brad Jackson, are upset with the judge’s decision.

“It’s terrifying to think that after three years, this is acceptable — that this is what we call justice,” friend Andrea Milliken said. “It’s scary.”

Jackson was a familiar figure in Old Town Alexandria, beloved by a close-knit group of friends.

“He was always happy, with a smile. Laughter was infectious,” Milliken said.

In July 2018, Jackson was found dead in a horrendous scene at the window business where he worked in an upstairs office on King Street. He had been stabbed more than 50 times by Pankaj Bhasin — a complete stranger. Jackson was 65.

During his trial, attorneys said Bhasin, 34 at the time of the killing, drove from New Jersey to Virginia in a psychotic state and attacked Jackson because he thought the store manager was a werewolf.

Man Being Released From Mental Facility After Alexandria ‘Werewolf' Killing

NOtVA is a liberal boil on the backside of Virginia.

He was mentally ill.

This is an understandably difficult thing for some people to understand.

Schizophrenia, and the psychosis associated can be horrible.

However this is a mental disease.

He was mentally ill.

This is an understandably difficult thing for some people to understand.

Schizophrenia, and the psychosis associated can be horrible.

However this is a mental disease.

Yes, and as such he will kill again. The problem with schizotypal individuals is the stop taking their meds.

Then they turn into psychotic monsters.

Yes, and as such he will kill again. The problem with schizotypal individuals is the stop taking their meds.

Then they turn into psychotic monsters.
That is very true. Many many do.

I think that if a patient has episodes this severe, they should be required to receive medication doses, not self medicate.

I think that if a patient has episodes this severe, they should be required to receive medication doses, not self medicate.
Yes, they need to send someone by every day to make sure the swallow their pills, because when the meds make them feel "normal" they think they don't have a problem & stop taking them. When they feel good, they think there is a conspiracy to drug them. Then a week later they are terrorizing the neighborhood.

Yes, they need to send someone by every day to make sure the swallow their pills, because when the meds make them feel "normal" they think they don't have a problem & stop taking them. Then a week later they are terrorizing the neighborhood.
I didn't state that.

Many meds do not need to be administered every day.

There are many which can be administered once per week.

There are also out patient clinics where the person can report, check in weekly, take their med, and be on their way.

If they fail to meet requirements as a condition of release, like every other parolee, they will be forced back into an institution.

Once again, this is a mental DISEASE.

This is a cure for insomnia, but it can cure a lot more if applied correctly.

He walked out of a NJ mental hospital prior to the killing so it was not his first brush with the loony bin.

IMHO he needs to remain in a secure mental facility the rest of his life.

I suspect he will be heard from again and it won't be any better the next go-round unless he gets dead-ed in the process.

The only way that can happen is if they are incarcerated. Once they are in the real world they simply don't show up for their appointment.

Yes, they need to send someone by every day to make sure the swallow their pills, because when the meds make them feel "normal" they think they don't have a problem & stop taking them. When they feel good, they think there is a conspiracy to drug them. Then a week later they are terrorizing the neighborhood.

Doesn't work. They simply vanish into the woodwork.

I didn't state that.

Many meds do not need to be administered every day.

There are many which can be administered once per week.

There are also out patient clinics where the person can report, check in weekly, take their med, and be on their way.

If they fail to meet requirements as a condition of release, like every other parolee, they will be forced back into an institution.

Once again, this is a mental DISEASE.

And once they have disappeared, they are a time bomb waiting to go off. Violent schizoids should NEVER be allowed out in public.

Ever.

The only way that can happen is if they are incarcerated. Once they are in the real world they simply don't show up for their appointment.
That's absurd. Community health measures are principally how the us mental health system operates.

That's absurd. Community health measures are principally how the us mental health system operates.

No, it isn't. Schizotypal individuals prefer to not use their drugs. Thus, given the opportunity they will stop taking them. Most are non violent so not a problem, but those who are violent are a huge problem, and as such once identified, should NEVER be allowed out of a locked down situation.

I am not saying prison, but they can't ever be allowed to run loose. They are simply too dangerous.

No, it isn't. Schizotypal individuals prefer to not use their drugs.
I have already addressed this point...which you have conveniently ignored.

Most are non violent so not a problem, but those who are violent are a huge problem, and as such once identified, should NEVER be allowed out of a locked down situation.
That is akin to never releasing a cancer patient who has gone into remission.

Once again, and for the last time, mental diseases, are diseases. One should not be permanently punished for a disease.

I have already addressed this point...which you have conveniently ignored.

That is akin to never releasing a cancer patient who has gone into remission.

Once again, and for the last time, mental diseases, are diseases. One should not be permanently punished for a disease.
Negative, once a death or deaths of innocents has been caused due to a mental illness that can only be controlled through constant and supervised medication that person should remain institutionalized in a secure facility till such medication is no longer required to treat his/her mental illness.....Period.

If that is forever then that is something society needs to come to grips with, the wishes of the mentally ill, his/her family, and "do-gooders" like yourself and that judge not withstanding.

Remember the guy "escaped" (simply walked out of) a mental institution in NJ prior to carrying out his deed here in Virginia.

Negative, once a death or deaths of innocents has been caused due to a mental illness that can only be controlled through constant and supervised medication that person should remain institutionalized in a secure facility till such medication is no longer required to treat his/her mental illness.....Period.

Thank you for your opinion. However, medical professionals, along with state and federal judiciaries disagree with your lifetime ban on freedom for a sickness.

Thank you for your opinion. However, medical professionals, along with state and federal judiciaries disagree with your lifetime ban on freedom for a sickness.
When he kills again I hope you are still around to see the error of your ways....Not that it would matter, I've seen a steady parade of do-gooders of different stripes pass by over the years and none of them really give a shit when something goes south with the people they were supposed to be "helping".

When he kills again I hope you are still around to see the error of your ways....Not that it would matter, I've seen a steady parade of do-gooders of different stripes pass by over the years and none of them really give a shit when something goes south with the people they were supposed to be "helping".
Not if he takes his meds.

We cannot have a civilized society with people wanting to throw men in holes for eternity.

Forum List

Back