Harrison Butker’s ‘extreme’ political views has made him extremely popular…the number one selling jersey. Are we watching a political movement happen?

My wife and I heard the audio of his talk at the same time (in the car), and we heard different things.

What I heard was that being a successful mother and wife are a woman's most important "career," more important than any "job," no matter how successful.

My wife heard him say that women should not pursue corporate success.

Go figure.

My wife was a moderately successful corporate executive (at times made more than I did as a corporate attorney), but without question, parenting was #1 on her priority list. We were fortunate to have her mother watching the kid (only child) while she worked, but if M-I-L had not been available, she would have taken a leave of absence until we felt he could manage his own post-school life.

Butker should have said something different. Plain and simple.

Is a Hip To Be Conservative movement taking root right before our eyes?
A celebrity speaks out in public, shits all over leftism in a commencement speech, gains national attention for it and doesn’t get cancelled….his popularity skyrockets as jersey sales blow up…..Trump is winning the 18-29 age bracket….dark people in New York seem to be pumped on Trump….Is something happening?
Butker was entirely politically incorrect and therefore sort of wonderful in his remarks. Blessed are women who are able to be successful in their dream job doing what they would do for free if they were able. But those women are in a minority. Most women are just like a lot of men. They don't hate their jobs but they just put in their time for the paycheck. And some are like a lot of other women and men worried that they won't get that raise or that promotion or what will happen if they screw up and trying to juggle home responsibilities with a career that is more stress city than joy.

And yes, blessed is the woman whose husband makes enough money to support the family and she is free to parent the children, be a homeroom mom, get them to ball practice or dancing or music lessons, even homeschool if the school system sucks. And she has time to volunteer to help others and make her community more vital, more stable, safer, supportive. And she can relieve a lot of stress on the husband who can come home to a pleasant, welcoming, satisfying home where he has more leisure to spend time with the kids and enjoy his family.

I've been in all those places. Career woman in jobs I loved, working wife/mom in jobs that just provided a paycheck, jobs so unpleasant and stressful it was all I could do to make myself show up until I could find something else and stay at home mom. I've even been the breadwinner for awhile with a stay at home husband taking care of things.

And nobody, I mean nobody should sneer at the women who is so blessed and chooses to be that stay at home mom as somehow lesser than any of the others.

It's pathetic that a man cannot say that without being criticized as sexist, chauvenist, misogynistic. That is what the left has heaped on this country.

And I hope with all my heart that common sense is returning and as a culture we are beginning to turn that around.

NFL distances itself from controversial comments made by Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker​

The NFL has formally distanced itself from controversial comments Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker made over the weekend during a commencement speech at Benedictine College.

"Harrison Butker gave a speech in his personal capacity," senior vice president and chief diversity and inclusion officer Jonathan Beane said Wednesday night. "His views are not those of the NFL as an organization. The NFL is steadfast in our commitment to inclusion, which only makes our league stronger."

Butker was entirely politically incorrect and therefore sort of wonderful in his remarks. Blessed are women who are able to be successful in their dream job doing what they would do for free if they were able. But those women are in a minority. Most women are just like a lot of men. They don't hate their jobs but they just put in their time for the paycheck. And some are like a lot of other women and men worried that they won't get that raise or that promotion or what will happen if they screw up and trying to juggle home responsibilities with a career that is more stress city than joy.

And yes, blessed is the woman whose husband makes enough money to support the family and she is free to parent the children, be a homeroom mom, get them to ball practice or dancing or music lessons, even homeschool if the school system sucks. And she has time to volunteer to help others and make her community more vital, more stable, safer, supportive. And she can relieve a lot of stress on the husband who can come home to a pleasant, welcoming, satisfying home where he has more leisure to spend time with the kids and enjoy his family.

I've been in all those places. Career woman in jobs I loved, working wife/mom in jobs that just provided a paycheck, jobs so unpleasant and stressful it was all I could do to make myself show up until I could find something else and stay at home mom. I've even been the breadwinner for awhile with a stay at home husband taking care of things.

And nobody, I mean nobody should sneer at the women who is so blessed and chooses to be that stay at home mom as somehow lesser than any of the others.

It's pathetic that a man cannot say that without being criticized as sexist, chauvenist, misogynistic. That is what the left has heaped on this country.

And I hope with all my heart that common sense is returning and as a culture we are beginning to turn that around.
It's funny how right wing whites see political correctness. Because when political incorrectness is applied to them, they are the biggest whiners there are.

And just a couple of days ago we were awash in threads predicting his demise. Maybe we've turned a corner.

🤞

My wife and I heard the audio of his talk at the same time (in the car), and we heard different things.

What I heard was that being a successful mother and wife are a woman's most important "career," more important than any "job," no matter how successful.

My wife heard him say that women should not pursue corporate success.

Go figure.

My wife was a moderately successful corporate executive (at times made more than I did as a corporate attorney), but without question, parenting was #1 on her priority list. We were fortunate to have her mother watching the kid (only child) while she worked, but if M-I-L had not been available, she would have taken a leave of absence until we felt he could manage his own post-school life.
Being a homemaker and raising children is just as important as being a cog in the corporate world, IMO. How that got denigrated in our society is, (again IMO) the result of the vaunted women's suffrage movement which was only meant to give women the right to vote but caused a rift between men and women especially during and after the feminist movement.

Being a homemaker and raising children is just as important as being a cog in the corporate world, IMO. How that got denigrated in our society is, (again IMO) the result of the vaunted women's suffrage movement which was only meant to give women the right to vote but caused a rift between men and women especially during and after the feminist movement.
It is for those who aspire to it. For the growing number who don't and aspire for different, that's great too. Both are a huge positive for the nation.

So nuns who dedicate their lives to helping the less fortunate don't like a speech that promotes motherhood instead?!
Shocking. Maybe the nuns should make him kneel on a hard floor for a few hours as penance?
The nuns belong to a cult church. They're almost as bad as the Mormons.

It is for those who aspire to it. For the growing number who don't and aspire for different, that's great too. Both are a huge positive for the nation.
Yes but the bottom line is that women are overall more caring, 'people' types which is why they dominate the care fields. Women care about people, men care about things and are more likely to gravitate to STEM fields, at the same time, those are not hard and fast rules they are statistics. Egalitarian societies have marked differences between men and women which shows even when laws strive to make men and women equal, the sexes seem to self distance from each other and become more like a symbiosis which, IMO was always intended in nature.

Forum List

Back