Making Gasoline/Diesel More Afforedable

Pay attention. It's $0.40 above taxes.

With short calls, crude oil and gasoline will drop weeks before any law goes into effect.

Pay attention. It's $0.40 above taxes.

Yes, way below the cost of production.

With short calls, crude oil and gasoline will drop weeks before any law goes into effect.

The price would skyrocket first, because of stockpiling in anticipation of crashing production once the price drops to $0.40 above taxes.

Crashing production would be collusion since three companies purchase the vast majority of the crude in the US.

Companies refusing to sell gasoline at a $3.00 per gallon loss is collusion? :cuckoo:

Cap regular unleaded and diesel prices to 40 cents above taxes at the pump nationwide.

Buy a step though motorcycle.
100+ MPG and very cheap to service.

images

Of course, if you don't feel your dick is big enough; you'll need a gas guzzling car to extend it.

Has anyone pointed out to OP that government makes more money off a gallon of gas than the gas company does?

That's not true where I live.

Where do you live, and what's the price of gas there?

Kennesaw, GA gas pump price today is $3.399

Wholesale RBOB gasoline $2.752 + Fed Tax $0.183 + State Tax $0.075 = $3.01

$3.399 - $3.01 = $0.389 profit vs $0.258 Total Tax.

That is not counting the wide profit margins on some oil production operations. Older oil wells have very low productions cost & were making money at $30 oil. Now they get $100 for the same production cost. New shale & oil sands cost up to $70 to produce & they are getting $100 also.

Last edited:

That is not counting the wide profit margins on some oil production operations. Older oil wells have very low productions cost & were making money at $30 oil. Now they get $100 for the same production cost. New shale & oil sands cost up to $70 to produce & they are getting $100 also.
Out of that $0.389 also comes the retailers overhead. It's not pure profit.

Don't forget distribution costs.

When (WTI) West Texas Intermediate & (LLS) Light Louisiana Sweet Crude Oil were selling at over $20 difference, oil companies made $4,000 a truck load or 50 cents a gallon transporting it a short distance. Then they made big money producing, refining & retail mark-up on top of that. The taxes don't come close to being that much. 10 years ago 50 cents a gallon was the entire wholesale cost of oil, now they make that just transporting it.

West Texas Intermediate & Light Louisiana Sweet Crude Oil Price Spread
894262-130816489083075-Jaime-Macrae_origin.jpg

Last edited:
Have you heard the term "inflation"?
Ten years ago I could buy 5 loaves of bread for $1, beef for as little as 35 cents a pound. Chicken was only 25 cents a pound and hamburger was the same price as chicken.
I can remember when I could buy gasoline for 10 cents a gallon, homes sold for $30,000 and cars sold for $1700 new.
In the last ten years your money has dropped 50% of its value and it will continue to drop like that or worse in the foreseeable future. Get a life and get over it or at least quit complaining and try to do something about it!

Forum List

Back