The bravest Generation

Thanks for the video ... and another chance to hear the great Jimmy Durante.

These videos today are just ... you all are doing a number on my heart and tear ducts today.

As I watched this video I thought of all the similar parades from one side of America to the other ... and I had to ask myself why those returning from Vietnam did not get the same welcome home. They didn't start the war ... they followed orders.

All our service personnel are in reality the bravest generation - from the first shot fired against the British to those serving around the world today ... and those who will serve in the future.

Thanks for the video ... and another chance to hear the great Jimmy Durante.

These videos today are just ... you all are doing a number on my heart and tear ducts today.

As I watched this video I thought of all the similar parades from one side of America to the other ... and I had to ask myself why those returning from Vietnam did not get the same welcome home. They didn't start the war ... they followed orders.

All our service personnel are in reality the bravest generation - from the first shot fired against the British to those serving around the world today ... and those who will serve in the future.

yes

i grew up surrounded by

WW11 and Vietnam vets

my heroes all of them

Most WWII's GI's had no parties, no parades they were quietly separated from the service and sent on their way with three hundred bucks mustering out pay. But they were welcomed home by all. It is one of the blots on our history that so many Americans showed their final distaste for Vietnam by taking it out on those we sent to do the deeds. That does not seem to be happening with Iraq and Afghanistan, we may not approve of the wars but appreciate those that we have sent. Perhaps we have grown a little more as a people.

Forum List

Back