Maine adopts constitutional carry

Damn that freedom of speech.

Speaking of Freedom of Speech.....Did you know that the NRA successfully introduced within the ACA a provision to prevent doctors (who may suspect of a patient's mental sobriety) from even asking such a patient if he or she owns a gun???

Freedom of speech my arse.

or when radical Muslims may shoot up army bases, cartoon contests...recruiting stations....or run jets into buildings.....right?

Ahhh, I was trying to discern what the REAL reason may be for every American of your ilk to be armed......It is to shoot up some of those nasty Muslims.

Oh...you are saying they didn't shoot up Fort hood, the recruiting center, fly jets and murder 3,000 people, or try to mirder people at a cartoon contest?

and the Right to keep and bear arms Is to protect against enemies foreign and specifically domestic, in particular against our own government......like the Germans needed to do in the 30s and the Mexicans need to do today.....

The people in Ukraine probably see the need for armed citizens in the occupied areas of their country....I am sure Russia is not being kind to their subjugated people's....

Damn that freedom of speech.

Speaking of Freedom of Speech.....Did you know that the NRA successfully introduced within the ACA a provision to prevent doctors (who may suspect of a patient's mental sobriety) from even asking such a patient if he or she owns a gun???

Freedom of speech my arse.

Yeah...link to that......and if so...good...it isn't the doctors business to know if you have a weapon..considering they are submitting your medical records to a national data base now...

Oh...you are saying they didn't shoot up Fort hood, the recruiting center, fly jets and murder 3,000 people, or try to mirder people at a cartoon contest?

Well, if THAT is what you conclude that I'm saying, then your dumber than first suspected.

Well, if THAT is what you conclude that I'm saying, then your dumber than first suspected.

Well, from your posts you are as dumb as the typical leftist, statist thug.....how much more dumb than the average remains to be seen...

Yeah...link to that......and if so...good...it isn't the doctors business to know if you have a weapon..considering they are submitting your medical records to a national data base now...

So, when you bitch that a crazed person with a gun shoots up a movie theatre...."well, someone should have known..." that's only for fun or lip service???

So, when you bitch that a crazed person with a gun shoots up a movie theatre...."well, someone should have known..." that's only for fun or lip service???

When they can show that any mental health data base won't be used against normal people to keep them from guns...then I will be on board...but we know that any attempt to use mental health as a reason to ban ownership will be extrapolated to include any one who had any type of counseling...ever.......

We don't trust you.......you are not honest, you are not rational...and you hate people owning guns....

main-qimg-b4567a51657a9cc24d5d4594c85bc574

Source: the NRA's 2010 taxes (pdf)

The NRA had $227,811,279 in total revenue that year, including:
  • $100,531,465 (44%) from member dues.
  • $ 58,572,260 (26%) from personal contributions.
  • $ 20,922,249 (9.2%) from the sale of advertising space
  • $ 12,573,541 (5.5%) contributions from "related organizations"
  • $ 11,745,200 (5.2%) came from selling stuff.
  • $ 11,303,074 (5.0%) came from royalties.
  • the rest came from return on securities and investments, revenue from subscriptions, the NRA Cafe, and fundraising events. The NRA also rents out various properties, but they do so at no profit; in fact, they actually ate $7,179 in order to keep rents pretty much at cost for their tenants. I'd say that makes them awesome landlords.

• $100,531,465 (44%) from member dues.
  • $ 58,572,260 (26%) from personal contributions.
  • $ 20,922,249 (9.2%) from the sale of advertising space
  • $ 12,573,541 (5.5%) contributions from "related organizations"
  • $ 11,745,200 (5.2%) came from selling stuff.
  • $ 11,303,074 (5.0%) came from royalties.
  • the rest came from return on securities and investments, revenue from subscriptions, the NRA Cafe, and fundraising events. The NRA also rents out various properties, but they do so at no profit; in fact, they actually ate $7,179 in order to keep rents pretty much at cost for their tenants. I'd say that makes them awesome landlords.
In other words... he lied.
Just like i said.

actually, we know the real problem is that people like you force people to go unarmed into gun free zones.....where the nuts bring their guns to kill people......so it is your anti gun policies more than the nuts who are to blame.....they are nuts.....they can't help themselves....

You guys claim to be rational and you make laws that create gun free killing zones......who is the bigger problem?

Ah. So you made a claim that yo knew you could not back up.
Just another anti-gun loon, arguing from dishonesty....

Well, since you're rather lazy today.....I'll do your work for you:

Membership fees don't pay the NRA's bills alone. In recent years, the group has become more aggressive about seeking donations, both from individuals and corporations, and that in turn has led it to become more deeply entwined with the gun industry. In 2010, it received $71 million in contributions, up from $46.3 million in 2004. Some of that money came from small-time donors, who've received a barrage of fundraising appeals warning of President Obama's imminent plot to gut the Second Amendment and confiscate Americans' firearms. But around 2005, the group began systematically reaching out to its richest members for bigger checks through its "Ring of Freedom" program, which also sought to corral corporate donors. Between then and 2011, the Violence Policy Center estimates that the firearms industry donated as much as $38.9 million to the NRA's coffers. The givers include 22 different gun makers, including famous names like Smith & Wesson, Beretta USA, SIGARMS, and Sturm, Ruger & Co. that also manufacture so-called assault weapons.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/12/whom-does-the-nra-really-speak-for/266373/

Speaking of lazy.... did you notice that none of this substantiates any the of the claims you made?
Sad that you have to lie to make your points; even sadder that you don't care.

Membership fees don't pay the NRA's bills alone. In recent years, the group has become more aggressive about seeking donations, both from individuals and corporations, and that in turn has led it to become more deeply entwined with the gun industry. In 2010, it received $71 million in contributions, up from $46.3 million in 2004. Some of that money came from small-time donors, who've received a barrage of fundraising appeals warning of President Obama's imminent plot to gut the Second Amendment and confiscate Americans' firearms. But around 2005, the group began systematically reaching out to its richest members for bigger checks through its "Ring of Freedom" program, which also sought to corral corporate donors. Between then and 2011, the Violence Policy Center estimates that the firearms industry donated as much as $38.9 million to the NRA's coffers. The givers include 22 different gun makers, including famous names like Smith & Wesson, Beretta USA, SIGARMS, and Sturm, Ruger & Co. that also manufacture so-called assault weapons.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/12/whom-does-the-nra-really-speak-for/266373/

Good for them...fighting left wing gun grabbers and all of their deep pocket donors is expensive...the gun grabbers also get free propaganda from Hollywood and the democrat controlled press.....so even more money is needed to keep our Rights.....

Good for them...

When they can show that any mental health data base won't be used against normal people to keep them from guns...then I will be on board...but we know that any attempt to use mental health as a reason to ban ownership will be extrapolated to include any one who had any type of counseling...ever.......

We don't trust you.......you are not honest, you are not rational...and you hate people owning guns....

Would you then agree that "freedom of speech" is just something that is treasured when it suit your own biases?

Would you then agree that "freedom of speech" is just something that is treasured when it suit your own biases?

You are speaking in left wing gibberish...please clarify.....

Forum List

Back