Maine adopts constitutional carry

The first viable repeating rifle didn't come around until the mid 1800's, not when the Bill of Rights was written.

Might wanna Wikipedia "repeating rifle" sometime.

Here.................I'll even help you out......................

Repeating rifle - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You might want to use that same source for looking up machine guns.

Machine gun - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"The first known ancestors of multi-shot weapons were early revolvers made in Europe in the late 1500s. One is a shoulder-gun-length weapon made in Nuremberg, Germany, circa 1580. Another is a revolving arquebus, produced by Hans Stopler of Nuremberg in 1597.[5]

Replica Puckle Gun from Bucklers Hard
Another large, early repeating was created by James Puckle, a London lawyer, who patented what he called "The Puckle Gun" on May 15, 1718. It was a design for a 1 in. (25.4 mm) caliber, flintlock revolver cannon able to fire 9 rounds before reloading, intended for use on ships.[6] According to Puckle, it was able to fire round bullets at Christians and square bullets at Turks.[6] While ahead of its time, foreshadowing the designs of revolvers, it was not adopted or produced."
The first viable repeating rifle didn't come around until the mid 1800's, not when the Bill of Rights was written.

Might wanna Wikipedia "repeating rifle" sometime.

Here.................I'll even help you out......................

Repeating rifle - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You might want to use that same source for looking up machine guns.

Machine gun - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"The first known ancestors of multi-shot weapons were early revolvers made in Europe in the late 1500s. One is a shoulder-gun-length weapon made in Nuremberg, Germany, circa 1580. Another is a revolving arquebus, produced by Hans Stopler of Nuremberg in 1597.[5]

Replica Puckle Gun from Bucklers Hard
Another large, early repeating was created by James Puckle, a London lawyer, who patented what he called "The Puckle Gun" on May 15, 1718. It was a design for a 1 in. (25.4 mm) caliber, flintlock revolver cannon able to fire 9 rounds before reloading, intended for use on ships.[6] According to Puckle, it was able to fire round bullets at Christians and square bullets at Turks.[6] While ahead of its time, foreshadowing the designs of revolvers, it was not adopted or produced."

Hate to tell you, but just like multiple barrel guns aren't repeating rifles, neither are these.

Did I call them repeating rifles?

I called them MACHINE GUNS.

and there were working models BEFORE the Second Amendment was written.

Forum List

Back