School persecutes 7 year old Atheist for 'not believing in god'

hipeter924

Not a zombie yet
May 5, 2009
Nowhere you can follow
The allegations from the Complaint, which claims the teacher’s actions violated the child’s First Amendment rights:

1. In February of 2015, A.B. was a second grader at Forest Park Elementary School, a school that is within Fort Wayne Community Schools. During a discussion with classmates on the playground he responded to a question by indicating that he did not go to church because he did not believe in God. This resulted in his teacher interrogating the child as to his beliefs and requiring the child to sit by himself during lunch and not talk to his classmates during lunch for three days. This violates the First Amendment. The defendant’s actions caused great distress to A.B. and resulted in the child being ostracized by his peers past the three-day “banishment.” No meaningful attempt has been made to remedy these injuries and the child seeks his damages. . . .
[...]29. But this was after A.B. had been publicly separated from his classmates and informed that he could not speak to them. All the students in his class heard and were aware of this. He was publicly shamed and made to feel that his personal beliefs were terribly wrong.

30. No efforts were made to correct the damages that had been done.

31. A.B. came home from school on multiple occasions crying saying that he knows that everyone at school — teachers and students — hate him.

32. Even now there are some classmates who will not talk to A.B.

33. Even now A.B. remains anxious and fearful about school, which is completely contrary to how he felt before this incident.

34. At all times defendant acted, and refused to act, under color of state law.
Link: Lawsuit alleges 7-year-old quizzed on religion ordered to sit alone at lunch for telling classmates he didn t believe in God - The Washington Post

Hopefully the parent and the kid get a good payout, and find a better school in the area not run by the Spanish inquisition.

Atheists are the last minority that the fundie Christians have no problems persecuting.

What is worse is that it was a small child who was persecuted in this manner in a public school.

Obviously the fundie Christians have no shame and even less comprehension of the Constitution of We the People to exercise our individual right of Freedom FROM Religion.

Well we all know that 7 year olds never lie to their mothers, never leave out any kind of detail, never tell a grossly one sided story.

The district says it's own investigation determined that events did not happen as described in the lawsuit. I tend to believe them.

It is terrible that the student was upset. I would suggest that his parents should have helped him instead of going with an agenda driven lawsuit. Instead of focusing on their son and his well being, they focused on making this a national headline.

Atheists are the last minority that the fundie Christians have no problems persecuting.

What is worse is that it was a small child who was persecuted in this manner in a public school.

Obviously the fundie Christians have no shame and even less comprehension of the Constitution of We the People to exercise our individual right of Freedom FROM Religion.

Obviously?

Do you always buy the Plaintiff's story as if it's the Gospel before a verdict has been reached?

Obviously?

Do you always buy the Plaintiff's story as if it's the Gospel before a verdict has been reached?

If this kind of thing had never happened before you might have a point.

But it happens all the time!

School district apologizes after teacher bullies atheist

A California school district is apologizing after a teacher bullied an atheist student who refused to participate in the school’s daily recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

The brave atheist student was participating in the “Stand up for America by Sitting Down” campaign, an effort to call attention to the misleading and divisive phrase “under God” added to the Pledge of Allegiance during the communist scare of the 1950’s, when his teacher “loudly accused him of being disrespectful and intimidated him into standing for the Pledge.”

After receiving word of the teacher’s egregious conduct, the American Humanist Association’s legal representative sent a letter to the Oak Park School District alleging that the teacher violated the student’s “constitutional right to refrain from participating in the school’s daily recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.”

Language for Atheist Children who need clerical bullying comebacks and guidance in public school Richard Dawkins Foundation

Post from FB: We – or perhaps only I – need comebacks for our children ages (almost) 8 and (almost) 10. They are being "clerically bullied" in elementary school. We live in Texas – need I say more? (we had to move here 2.5 years ago). Their peers at school as well as almost all the teachers and principal are all religious. Do you have any printed material and language for children? We tell them not to engage in the conversations or reply when asked – "it's not something I want to discuss" but that seems to bring more bullying. One little "charming" girl told our son in kinder "2 years ago "you're going to burn in hell for not believing in god".

Atheist Kids and Bullying Just an Xbox and a Football Game Away From Redemption TakePart

I’ll never forget the year my eight-year-old daughter came home from school saying she got in trouble for going to the bathroom.

“I was afraid,” she said, “that the devil was coming out of the mirror to get me.... I wanted Aya to stay with me until I was done.”

Like any parent, I sat her down and asked her to tell me why she would ever think a mirror could spawn something as terrifying as that.

“Susie told me because I didn’t believe in god, the devil was coming to take my soul.”

bullied for being an atheist? I quickly dismissed it. After all, these were only eight-year-old girls, and it wasn’t like we talked about god hating with our morning cereal.

I soon noticed a new pattern of my daughter: She wouldn’t enter a bathroom without a friend or parent and began wetting the bed at night for fear of our extensive collection of bathroom mirrors pulling her into almighty hell at 2 a.m.

Sure enough, the religious eight-year-old was still pressuring my daughter to consider her morality, spirituality and reason for living daily in the school bathroom.

“When the child goes to school, and encounters for the first time other kids who don’t believe the same thing, whether it’s no belief or a different belief system, that can rock a kid’s world.”

I got on the phone and made sure the principal was aware of the bullying, that the child was reported and that my daughter would hopefully make the choice not to play with her anymore. The school thought I was a little crazy. Bullying was getting punched in the stomach in a dark place behind the school, not a little girl being taunted for not believing she was going to have life eternal. This was a new place they were afraid to gain control of. The principal, a former nun, kept a tight lip.

11 Things Atheists Couldn t Do Because They Didn t Believe In God

Sounds like another lefty using her kid to attack Christians. They're so classy.

Forum List

Back