Maine adopts constitutional carry

This is a lie.

Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.

The NRA also made $20.9 million — about 10 percent of its revenue — from selling advertising to industry companies marketing products in its many publications in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.

Additionally, some companies donate portions of sales directly to the NRA. Crimson Trace, which makes laser sights, donates 10 percent of each sale to the NRA. Taurus buys an NRA membership for everyone who buys one of their guns. Sturm Rugar gives $1 to the NRA for each gun sold, which amounts to millions. The NRA's revenues are intrinsically linked to the success of the gun business.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-industry-funds-nra-2013-1#ixzz3i2wCdpay

This is a lie.

Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.

The NRA also made $20.9 million — about 10 percent of its revenue — from selling advertising to industry companies marketing products in its many publications in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.

Additionally, some companies donate portions of sales directly to the NRA. Crimson Trace, which makes laser sights, donates 10 percent of each sale to the NRA. Taurus buys an NRA membership for everyone who buys one of their guns. Sturm Rugar gives $1 to the NRA for each gun sold, which amounts to millions. The NRA's revenues are intrinsically linked to the success of the gun business.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-industry-funds-nra-2013-1#ixzz3i2wCdpay
Uh- huh. And how does his prove the claim true?

Thanks to lawmakers that have actually read the Constitution, and the Heller decision, they can carry them almost anywhere.

Oh, you're correct that the Court has "interpreted" the Constitution's 2nd Amendment......since the amendment does NOT specifically state that guns "can be carried anywhere"....

Just don't bitch and moan when the Court also decides that the ACA is also within the Constitution's rights.

Thanks to lawmakers that have actually read the Constitution, and the Heller decision, they can carry them almost anywhere.
Oh, you're correct that the Court has "interpreted" the Constitution's 2nd Amendment......since the amendment does NOT specifically state that guns "can be carried anywhere"....
:lol:
Strawman aside...
Out of the other side of your mouth, you'll support Roe v Wade until the day you die.

Simple......The NRA is NOT just a grass-root organization...It is ALSO a paid for lobbying arm for gun manufacturers that donate millions to bribe congress to keep the arms sales growing.

Simple......The NRA is NOT just a grass-root organization...It is ALSO a paid for lobbying arm for gun manufacturers .,
You didn'tt read the claim did you?

the vast majority of {NRA} funding comes from gun-manufacturers and some of the biggest contributors are foreign ones.

How does what you posted prove this claim true?

Last edited:

Just don't bitch and moan when the Court also decides that the ACA is also within the Constitution's rights.

Instead of comparing apples and oranges, nat wants to compare apples and corn.

(Actually, I expected it much sooner)

Out of the other side of your mouth, you'll support Roe v Wade until the day you die.

Actually, I'm referring to the SAME Court ruling for you (on the gun issue) and voting against you (on the ACA.)

Actually, I'm referring to the SAME Court ruling for you (on the gun issue) and voting against you (on the ACA.)
These were different court rulings. Not sure what point you;re trying to make.
I -do- know what point you;re trying to avoid, however.

There's nothing in the Constitution about a concealed carry.
Correct. Which is why its legal....No restrictions on carrying a weapon at all....

The Constitution is a limit on government, not citizens.

These were different court rulings. Not sure what point you;re trying to make.

Simple, Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973 with a 7-2 ruling....

The decisions on guns and the ACA were both decided by a very different (right wing leaning) supreme court.

If you need my explanation to be simpler....I can't help you.

There's nothing in the Constitution about a concealed carry.
"Correct." Dw
Incorrect.
I'll quote it verbatim.
B. O. R. ARTICLE #2: Ratified December 15, 1791
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
It is ABSOLUTELY true that the term "concealed carry" does not appear in our amended Constitution.

BUT !!

It doesn't have to.

Why not?

Because:
"... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Includes:
- open carry
- concealed carry
- nuclear weapons, &
- doomsday bio weapons.

And there is no Constitutional right of our government to restrict ANY of that.

I wonder if Maine is going to be the site of the next theater shooting.

There was yet another one just TODAY that happened in TN.

In a gun free zone...that means that good guys didn't have guns...only the criminal did.......how well does that ever work out?

In the long run, I really don't care if Maine (and a few other states) turn into shooting galleries.....The old west mentality is alive and well among the eternally-scared right wingers.

Shoot em' up to your little hearts' content.

No. Because in a well regulated militia, we'd know exactly who had what kind of weapons so that if they were needed, those people could be called upon to defend the country.

Nobody knows who has what, or how many of each. When I was in the military, we knew exactly who had what, and how many of each, and if a weapon was issued to you, you were responsible for it until it was returned to the armory.

Tell me...we can arrest anyone who uses a gun to commit a crime..right?

Tell me....we can arrest any felon caught in possession of a gun at their home or on their person...right?

So what is the point of knowing which law abiding citizen has what gun...since they aren't breaking the law...right?

And if you had a gun from the armory that you stole........what good did knowing whose gun it was originally? since the thief wouldn't check out the weapon...right?

Again...why do we need to know which civilians have guns if they don't break he law?

- nuclear weapons, &
- doomsday bio weapons.

And there is no Constitutional right of our government to restrict ANY of that.

Well, except if you're Iran, of course.....LOL

In the long run, I really don't care if Maine (and a few other states) turn into shooting galleries.....The old west mentality is alive and well among the eternally-scared right wingers.

Shoot em' up to your little hearts' content.

You know that has never happened......the states began allowing concealed and open carry 28 years ago? and the gun crime rate is going down, not up. so since you are wrong in your prediction..50 times in a row......do you care to make another prediction? and the old west was not that violent...everyone had guns....

Several states have constitutional carry and have had it for a while now..
Constitutional carry - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
How many of the are "shooting galleries"?
None?

The butt-hurt runs deep with you.

Forum List

Back