Maga Hats, Chaperones, and Catholic Boys, a Priest opinion.

What seems clear to me is that rather than stand their adolescent ground in a confrontational and seemingly mocking way, the boys should have simply turned away. In fact, in his exclusive interview with NBC's Savannah Guthrie, Nick Sandmann, the student who went face-to-face with Nathan Phillips said as much: "In hindsight I wish we could've walked away and avoided the whole thing." I couldn't agree more. If they felt confronted, he and his classmates should have paid heed to the Christian dictum of "turn the other cheek" rather than to thrust both cheeks into the face of an elder about whom they knew nothing. Boys are seen laughing at and mocking their elder. It is wrong, plain and simple.

Secondly, where were the chaperones during this encounter? The situation had obviously escalated after the racial and homophobic jeers of the religious group known as the Black Hebrew Israelites. Immediately, adults should have stepped in to defuse the situation. They should have moved the boys away and surrounded them until their bus arrived. That is what chaperones do for young people not yet mature enough to make wise and prudent choices. Instead, these boys were left to fend for themselves and as a result acted in unwise and disrespectful ways.

Lastly, I don't think the boys should have been permitted to wear MAGA hats to the March for Life event they attended. The "Make America Great Again" slogan has become political code for an agenda that is often in opposition with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

The boys attended the march representing a Catholic boys' school. Any hat donned should have had the school name or a logo identifying them as participants in the March for Life event -- not a hat with a logo that may suggest stances not in accord with the mission statement of their school.

The Catholic Church's pro-life teaching encompasses a panoply of issues such as: abortion, immigration, capital punishment, the environment and climate change, sex trafficking, and the inequitable distribution of the world's resources. Some claim the "MAGA philosophy" is not in accord with church teaching on many of these issues. Teachers and chaperones from the Catholic school should have discouraged students from, however unwittingly, promoting a questionable partisan political agenda.

The hate mail and threats I have received since my tweet and my on-air appearances about this issue on CNN and HLN have astounded me. Supposed Christians have said the most vile and uncharitable things imaginable. It is further indication of the vast political, racial and religious divides that still exist in our country.

MAGA hats don't belong on a Catholic school trip (Opinion) - CNN

I can't agree more with the Catholic Priest, but then I'm an older generation Catholic, but never have I seen such disrespect. They new young generation of Catholics are becoming like Evangelicals and fox news Catholics. (my opinion- not the Fathers)
Father Edward Beck (@FrEdwardBeck) | Twitter

The Covington Prep Boys had every right to wear MAGA hats, this is America.

Would you be saying the same if instead of Catholic Preppies, these were pupils from Stokely Carmichael High in Camden attending a big Anti-Life rally and they were wearing pussy hats? And Christian street preachers came right up into their face singing "Amazing Grace" after berating them for an hour for their pro-abort views? If the Camden boys stood silent with a smirk on their face, would they be condemned?

The elder NA vet forgives them.
Nathan Phillips on viral encounter with Nick Sandmann: ‘I forgive him’
--------------------------------------------- as regards that old 'indian drunk' , feck im Penny and other lefties eh !!

What seems clear to me is that rather than stand their adolescent ground in a confrontational and seemingly mocking way, the boys should have simply turned away. In fact, in his exclusive interview with NBC's Savannah Guthrie, Nick Sandmann, the student who went face-to-face with Nathan Phillips said as much: "In hindsight I wish we could've walked away and avoided the whole thing." I couldn't agree more. If they felt confronted, he and his classmates should have paid heed to the Christian dictum of "turn the other cheek" rather than to thrust both cheeks into the face of an elder about whom they knew nothing. Boys are seen laughing at and mocking their elder. It is wrong, plain and simple.

Secondly, where were the chaperones during this encounter? The situation had obviously escalated after the racial and homophobic jeers of the religious group known as the Black Hebrew Israelites. Immediately, adults should have stepped in to defuse the situation. They should have moved the boys away and surrounded them until their bus arrived. That is what chaperones do for young people not yet mature enough to make wise and prudent choices. Instead, these boys were left to fend for themselves and as a result acted in unwise and disrespectful ways.

Lastly, I don't think the boys should have been permitted to wear MAGA hats to the March for Life event they attended. The "Make America Great Again" slogan has become political code for an agenda that is often in opposition with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

The boys attended the march representing a Catholic boys' school. Any hat donned should have had the school name or a logo identifying them as participants in the March for Life event -- not a hat with a logo that may suggest stances not in accord with the mission statement of their school.

The Catholic Church's pro-life teaching encompasses a panoply of issues such as: abortion, immigration, capital punishment, the environment and climate change, sex trafficking, and the inequitable distribution of the world's resources. Some claim the "MAGA philosophy" is not in accord with church teaching on many of these issues. Teachers and chaperones from the Catholic school should have discouraged students from, however unwittingly, promoting a questionable partisan political agenda.

The hate mail and threats I have received since my tweet and my on-air appearances about this issue on CNN and HLN have astounded me. Supposed Christians have said the most vile and uncharitable things imaginable. It is further indication of the vast political, racial and religious divides that still exist in our country.

I can't agree more with the Catholic Priest, but then I'm an older generation Catholic, but never have I seen such disrespect. They new young generation of Catholics are becoming like Evangelicals and fox news Catholics. (my opinion- not the Fathers)

Isn't that you in the 3rd row left?

1miketxnoc.jpg

Talking points, talking points, all we have are talking points! We used to be Free Thinkers but now we're trapped in George's 1984!!!!

I bet you don't get the reference Penny

Here's the funny thing about it... I had had conducted myself like that when I was in High School, the Christian Brothers would have slapped me upside the head. Apparently, their parents are spending $8000 a year and the little bastards aren't learning any manners.

Penny picking on teenagers. High school Juniors.

These Lefties are so enlightened these days aren't they?

So let's be clear, they were WHITE high school juniors.

We just had a trial here in Chicago, where a white cop shot a BLACK High School Junior, 16 times. The stance of his defense was that this kid was a little hoodlum who deserved to be shot. He got a slap on the wrist, the other cops who engaged in a coverup were acquitted by a judge.

LaQuan McDonald. Tamir Rice. Michael Brown. Funny, the whole, "they are just kids' defense doesn't seem to fly when you are black.

The black kids mentioned were all involved in police situations. We know for a fact the last one was NOT innocent. These white kids were NOT involved in anything criminal and in fact were the recipients of CLEAR racism, which none of you weeping flock can care to mention. You folks are going to get people killed with your ignorant hatred. And you are VERY ignorant for a man your age. Joe.
------------------------------------- Joe is a snowflake , a Pacifist as it appears SSue .

And Trayvon would had been called a hero for fighting against bigotry.

Trayvon was shot and killed walking home to his house for being black.

A lot worse than what happened to these entitled little shits.

JoeB131, always wrong. Also far back left. Idk how Synthaholic didn't make this meme. :dunno:
That's OK, because Siete did. :)

1miketxnoc-jpg.241814

Last edited:
Where were they supposed to go? Into the road?
Ironic yet appropriate for a democrat fascist to put the onus of liberty forfeiture onto Americans standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

Where were the chaperones when the Hebrews were yelling at them, they should of got the boys out of range at the bus stop. Where do you think they went, it ended when the bus came.

Picking on teenage boys, they should of known better and so should the Chaperones. I am very conservative, and therefore I respect my elders and I expect all kids and teens do as well.
No you're supporting a grown man harassing underage kids. The guy should've known better.

Talking points, talking points, all we have are talking points! We used to be Free Thinkers but now we're trapped in George's 1984!!!!

I bet you don't get the reference Penny

Here's the funny thing about it... I had had conducted myself like that when I was in High School, the Christian Brothers would have slapped me upside the head. Apparently, their parents are spending $8000 a year and the little bastards aren't learning any manners.

So let's be clear, they were WHITE high school juniors.

We just had a trial here in Chicago, where a white cop shot a BLACK High School Junior, 16 times. The stance of his defense was that this kid was a little hoodlum who deserved to be shot. He got a slap on the wrist, the other cops who engaged in a coverup were acquitted by a judge.

LaQuan McDonald. Tamir Rice. Michael Brown. Funny, the whole, "they are just kids' defense doesn't seem to fly when you are black.
You comparing these kids to gang bangers in Chicago?

The CNN "older generation" pedophiles and homos are full of shit! The high school kid should have smacked that fake ass Indian for getting in his face after enduring that INSANE, GENOCIDAL, HATE, RACIST shit preached by the Congressional Black Hebrews.

Fake News CNN, NY Times, HuffPo etc., describe the Congressional Black Hebrews as "street preachers." :p
That he didn't clock the Injun was proof enough that he was well brought up. I dread to think what Trayvon or Big Mike would have done.
The heros of the left.

Where were they supposed to go? Into the road?
Ironic yet appropriate for a democrat fascist to put the onus of liberty forfeiture onto Americans standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

Where were the chaperones when the Hebrews were yelling at them, they should of got the boys out of range at the bus stop. Where do you think they went, it ended when the bus came.

Picking on teenage boys, they should of known better and so should the Chaperones. I am very conservative, and therefore I respect my elders and I expect all kids and teens do as well.
No you're supporting a grown man harassing underage kids. The guy should've known better.
------------------------------------ 'indian' has probably destroyed all normal thinking in his brain . In fact , as a GUESS he was probably all buzzed up when he was demonstrating and beating his 'drum' .

The CNN "older generation" pedophiles and homos are full of shit! The high school kid should have smacked that fake ass Indian for getting in his face after enduring that INSANE, GENOCIDAL, HATE, RACIST shit preached by the Congressional Black Hebrews.

Fake News CNN, NY Times, HuffPo etc., describe the Congressional Black Hebrews as "street preachers." :p
That he didn't clock the Injun was proof enough that he was well brought up. I dread to think what Trayvon or Big Mike would have done.

After 2 minutes of hearing the Puerto-Rican "Black Hebrew" running his fat diarrhea mouth, I'm ready to close it with a fist. I AM the cracker. Would not put up with that shit.

I don't care if he's 6'5" and I'm 5'6", I'm smashing that bitch right in his fat shit-talking mouth. Homey don't play that.

and this silly talk about 'chaperones' . Heck these kids are near adult and are able to take care of themselves as was shown by the way that the smiling kid proved .

I've seen some of that clip. That boy, in my opinion, looked like a person who couldn't be broke no matter what was hurdled at him, I love the smile that was on his face! To me, he has nothing to regret or be ashamed of whatsoever.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

I've seen some of that clip. That boy, in my opinion, looked like a person who couldn't be broke no matter what was hurdled at him. To me, he has nothing to regret or be ashamed of whatsoever.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
----------------------------------- agreed . course the lefties want to Break the kid . Strong Boys turning into Strong MEN , lefties don't like that Holly !!

View attachment 241814
Hey you forgot black fag.

View attachment 241814
Hey you forgot black fag.

Too many leftist NPCs.

A couple others, too. Whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Not sure if enough different ones to fill another entire meme.

People need to remember that thee kids are from Kentucky, the home of the Creationist and Noah's Ark Museums. One should not have too high of expectations of them.

Do you also blame the way a woman is dressed for being raped?

I can’t imagine a school group that would allow their children to be harassed by militant blacks and not get them the hell out of there

Same goes for the students surrounding an Indian playing the drum. Should have walked in and backed them off

I don’t see any adult supervision in any of the videos

Forum List

Back