Maga Hats, Chaperones, and Catholic Boys, a Priest opinion.

covington-smirk-maga-comic.png

Yes.

It is a big mall. They would have found anew target
It's so easy for you to crawl inside the mind of a bunch of hateful bigots and announce what they would do, isn't it.
I'm tempted to say defective minds think alike but I think it's much more likely if the Covington group moved away it would delight the Black Hebrew bigots that they had forced them to leave it would encourage them to follow and attack the school kids all the more.
That is what chaperones do
Protect those under their supervision

It is not who “wins” a confrontation

If the Black Hebrews were harassing visitors to the Lincoln Memorial, Park Security should have drove them off..........but wait...we have a furlough

You don't know the difference between smile and a smirk? I'll give you a hint. It is the same difference as waving your hand, vs. waving your middle finger at someone.
You can clearly see a raised middle finger and there is no mistaking that. Not so easy when trying to differentiate between an appeasing smile and a smirk.
You see a smirk because you want to see a smirk.

Creepy stalker smirk

Almost like Roy Moore at a shopping mall

The chaperones should of taken better care of their children (as one poster called them).

all that nee
What seems clear to me is that rather than stand their adolescent ground in a confrontational and seemingly mocking way, the boys should have simply turned away. In fact, in his exclusive interview with NBC's Savannah Guthrie, Nick Sandmann, the student who went face-to-face with Nathan Phillips said as much: "In hindsight I wish we could've walked away and avoided the whole thing." I couldn't agree more. If they felt confronted, he and his classmates should have paid heed to the Christian dictum of "turn the other cheek" rather than to thrust both cheeks into the face of an elder about whom they knew nothing. Boys are seen laughing at and mocking their elder. It is wrong, plain and simple.

Secondly, where were the chaperones during this encounter? The situation had obviously escalated after the racial and homophobic jeers of the religious group known as the Black Hebrew Israelites. Immediately, adults should have stepped in to defuse the situation. They should have moved the boys away and surrounded them until their bus arrived. That is what chaperones do for young people not yet mature enough to make wise and prudent choices. Instead, these boys were left to fend for themselves and as a result acted in unwise and disrespectful ways.

Lastly, I don't think the boys should have been permitted to wear MAGA hats to the March for Life event they attended. The "Make America Great Again" slogan has become political code for an agenda that is often in opposition with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

The boys attended the march representing a Catholic boys' school. Any hat donned should have had the school name or a logo identifying them as participants in the March for Life event -- not a hat with a logo that may suggest stances not in accord with the mission statement of their school.

The Catholic Church's pro-life teaching encompasses a panoply of issues such as: abortion, immigration, capital punishment, the environment and climate change, sex trafficking, and the inequitable distribution of the world's resources. Some claim the "MAGA philosophy" is not in accord with church teaching on many of these issues. Teachers and chaperones from the Catholic school should have discouraged students from, however unwittingly, promoting a questionable partisan political agenda.

The hate mail and threats I have received since my tweet and my on-air appearances about this issue on CNN and HLN have astounded me. Supposed Christians have said the most vile and uncharitable things imaginable. It is further indication of the vast political, racial and religious divides that still exist in our country.

MAGA hats don't belong on a Catholic school trip (Opinion) - CNN

I can't agree more with the Catholic Priest, but then I'm an older generation Catholic, but never have I seen such disrespect. They new young generation of Catholics are becoming like Evangelicals and fox news Catholics. (my opinion- not the Fathers)
Father Edward Beck (@FrEdwardBeck) | Twitter

Now smiles are offensive to the left!
--------------------all that needs to be done is to call SMILES smirks Skooks .

What seems clear to me is that rather than stand their adolescent ground in a confrontational and seemingly mocking way, the boys should have simply turned away. In fact, in his exclusive interview with NBC's Savannah Guthrie, Nick Sandmann, the student who went face-to-face with Nathan Phillips said as much: "In hindsight I wish we could've walked away and avoided the whole thing." I couldn't agree more. If they felt confronted, he and his classmates should have paid heed to the Christian dictum of "turn the other cheek" rather than to thrust both cheeks into the face of an elder about whom they knew nothing. Boys are seen laughing at and mocking their elder. It is wrong, plain and simple.

Secondly, where were the chaperones during this encounter? The situation had obviously escalated after the racial and homophobic jeers of the religious group known as the Black Hebrew Israelites. Immediately, adults should have stepped in to defuse the situation. They should have moved the boys away and surrounded them until their bus arrived. That is what chaperones do for young people not yet mature enough to make wise and prudent choices. Instead, these boys were left to fend for themselves and as a result acted in unwise and disrespectful ways.

Lastly, I don't think the boys should have been permitted to wear MAGA hats to the March for Life event they attended. The "Make America Great Again" slogan has become political code for an agenda that is often in opposition with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

The boys attended the march representing a Catholic boys' school. Any hat donned should have had the school name or a logo identifying them as participants in the March for Life event -- not a hat with a logo that may suggest stances not in accord with the mission statement of their school.

The Catholic Church's pro-life teaching encompasses a panoply of issues such as: abortion, immigration, capital punishment, the environment and climate change, sex trafficking, and the inequitable distribution of the world's resources. Some claim the "MAGA philosophy" is not in accord with church teaching on many of these issues. Teachers and chaperones from the Catholic school should have discouraged students from, however unwittingly, promoting a questionable partisan political agenda.

The hate mail and threats I have received since my tweet and my on-air appearances about this issue on CNN and HLN have astounded me. Supposed Christians have said the most vile and uncharitable things imaginable. It is further indication of the vast political, racial and religious divides that still exist in our country.

I can't agree more with the Catholic Priest, but then I'm an older generation Catholic, but never have I seen such disrespect. They new young generation of Catholics are becoming like Evangelicals and fox news Catholics. (my opinion- not the Fathers)
Your questions are reasonable.

Since they were waiting for a bus, maybe they couldn't walk away.

Perhaps some of the boys bought those hats as souvenirs after the March for Life.

I have a few questions.

Should the Black Hebrew Israelites harass children because they wear pro-Republican hats?

Was Nathan Phillips fair and honest?

NOW Nathan Phillips Wants To Meet With Covington Teens He Smeared For ‘The Teaching Of Tolerance’

It is clear to me the only victims are the boys from Covington.
----------------------------------- Course the 'smiling boy ' sure wasn't a victim as he did some fine azz kicking .

If the Black Hebrews were harassing visitors to the Lincoln Memorial, Park Security should have drove them off..........but wait...we have a furlough
Right. The left doesn't want to see Donald Trump getting this win even if it benefits our national security.

They have their priorities.

Just amazing to see the media and all lefties doubling down on their lies and stupidity. There looks to be a lot of people getting into a lot of trouble unless they issue apologies for their lies. So we can conclude the left is all for threatening kids. Then again they don't dare threaten adults as they would receive a royal ass beating.

Right. The left doesn't want to see Donald Trump getting this win even if it benefits our national security.

They have their priorities.
A win?

The kids were mixing it up with a group that is a known hate group

Where were the chaperones?

good , kids got spirit is what it looks like to me . Ready to be Assertive with a 'hate group , sounds good to me RWing

If Catholics are somewhat confused about the sudden infusion of political activism into the church these days perhaps they should start looking where it all began.... at the top.

While Popes of the Catholic Church have traditionally been known to offer a voice in world matters and have been known to meet heads of state; never before this present Pope have we seen so much opinion offered from the holy see inserting itself is politically into some of the hot-button issues of the day and further going so far as to offer a value judgment upon various individuals involved in those issues.

Religious officials are best kept politically neutral. In cases where the state decides to persecute the church there may be no option but to take a stand that appears to have a political bias.

However when a high church official decides to offer his advice and insert his voice uninvited into secular matters he tacitly betrays the trust of the people who appointed him as their spiritual Shepherd.
In effect he takes the entire church into The cauldron of political activism. I should not be surprised to find the many adherents of that Faith following his lead.

In this regard Francis the talking Pope as I like to refer to him has certainly set the bar
higher than his predacessors. His meddling type style of public oration has caused many a controversy in light of the fact that he is supposed to be representing all people equally without bias or judgement.

I can only surmise that the some 300 million members of the Catholic Church worldwide are quick to observe this and take note. As the Pope is held up to the faithful adherents in an infallible light it would be expected that they would imitate his behavior thinking it both right and appropriate. The truth is Francis has a penchant for opening his big mouth in the secular arena. Though he has been more quiet lately his first few years in office were very politically noisy.

Jo

Last edited:
The Guardian doubles-down on Covington lies.
24 January 2019

If ever an article needed fisking, it is The Guardian’s disgraceful piece today on the #CovingtonGate saga. Where other news sources like The New York Times and the Washington Post have furiously back-pedalled now that the full facts have come to light, The Guardian has doubled down and run a piece alleging that the “changed narrative” is a consequence of the “conservative media” running interference rather than the simple Occam’s Razor of the evidence now having been fully reviewed – and there is a lot of evidence: hours of video footage covering the entire ‘event’.

So let’s jump in and give The Guardian’s reporter Jason Wilson of Portland, Oregon (where else!?) a good fisking. He writes:

Conservatives have realized they can construct a parallel reality and have it accepted

No, it has become transparently clear to anyone with any sense that the parallel reality was constructed by a shadowy Twitter account (now suspended) which was retweeted by bots until thousands of fools suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome (a transatlantic variation of Brexit Derangement Syndrome) took over until crazed people – some of them public figures – threatened blameless children with violence. Some public figures even offered incentives (including sexual favours!) to anyone willing to assault the smiling boy. Occupy Democrats piled in on social media turning it into a meme shared and shared and shared. Soon not only the boy in the photo, but a boy mistakenly identified as the boy in the photo were getting death threats and being ‘doxed’ by keyboard warriors egged on by celebrities like Cathy Griffin.

The Guardian doubles-down on Covington lies. – Harry's Place

THe people saying racist things WERE THE BLACK PEOPLE, Joe. Not the white kids. The black people, and the Native American. Got it? Understand?

The little entitled Catholic Bastards were saying racist shit, too.

You want to talk about the most racist bastards out there, it's white catholics. They've all forgotten they are only a few generations off the boat.

These people cannot face facts and accept truth. The white kids are guilty, because they are white. I would love for ONE of them to explain to me how this is ANY different from saying black kids are guilty because they are black.

That and they were wearing MAGA hats, the equivlent to a Klan Hood.

If he would had stood there and smirked, he’d still be alive. Instead he attacked the guy from behind and tried to kill him. Unless you forgot Zimmerman shot him in self defense.

Uh, no, he didn't. He shot an unarmed black kid because his fat doughy ass was being beaten up.

The MAGA hats signified there was more to the agenda of the Trump fascist youth than just attending a rally.

The chaperones should have known the MAGA hats are provocative in controversial and confrontational situations.

Forum List

Back