Made me cry

What makes me cry? This photo below has stayed with me from the first time I ever saw it, and then the photographer committing suicide shortly after winning the Pulitzer Prize for it. I have wrapped it in tags as I find it disturbing and will warn others it is not graphic in the nature one would thing of a horror movie and blood, but it is graphic in the way it touches you and will haunt you for years to come.

Kevin Carter Iconic Photograph

kevin-carter-vulture.jpg

Help:

Welcome

CaféAuLait;8853310 said:
What makes me cry? This photo below has stayed with me from the first time I ever saw it, and then the photographer committing suicide shortly after winning the Pulitzer Prize for it. I have wrapped it in tags as I find it disturbing and will warn others it is not graphic in the nature one would thing of a horror movie and blood, but it is graphic in the way it touches you and will haunt you for years to come.

kevin-carter-vulture.jpg

Help:

Welcome

I remember this photo because I learned that the news photographer who took it did nothing to help the child. There was some unspoken law of journalism that news professionals were not to interfere in events, only record them.

I have heard that has changed. I should certainly hope so.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8853310 said:

kevin-carter-vulture.jpg

Help:

Welcome

i am assuming the photo is the vulture watching the starving child......i dont wanna see it again......it has haunted me since i saw it years ago....just haunted....i saw the bang bang club.....still haunts me....

CaféAuLait;8853310 said:

kevin-carter-vulture.jpg

Help:

Welcome

I remember this photo because I learned that the news photographer who took it did nothing to help the child. There was some unspoken law of journalism that news professionals were not to interfere in events, only record them.

I have heard that has changed. I should certainly hope so.

have you watched the 'bang bang club'....it is a movie about this photographer and his peers....about how they loved going into trouble zones and taking pictures...

i have tried to figure out what happened to this child since the pic was public.....there are a number of stories.....the one i hope is true...is that the child was there while parents were seeking aid and the parents came back and got the child...true or not....i have no real answer.....

but yes i hate the take the pic and dont interfere...i was watching a film of lions with a baby kitten....i just kept thinking put that camera down and save the baby kitten....no one did....

Forum List

Back