Love sitting on my deck with a cold drink on a summer night.

you don't know the half of it gramps ,,,it's coming
I hear ya. Just turned 50 and I have pain in my elbows, knees, fingers and ankles already. And I'm fit. Swing a hammer every day.
I probably burn more calories than I take in.
The elbow pain is the worst and it came out of nowhere. Both arms but the left is the worst.
Bought some Glucosamine and hoping it helps.

Truthfully a bit concerned about my ability to keep it up for another 20 years but I LOVE my job.
I'm 82 and only problem comes from smoking until 10 years ago COPD Sorry for your problems Ever try Aleve?
I still smoke. Been thinking about trying the vape thing but not sure is the initial cost is worth wasting my time
When you find yourself losing your breath just toweling off after a shower you'll know what I'm talking about QUIT TODAY not tomorrow Don't be stupid You'll thank me when you hit 80
MY bad I won't be here in 30 years
I doubt I will be either. Now I just need one of them Egyptian resurrection machines...

Suppose the neighbors would mind?

Ha. I'm just messing, Grampa. My browser automatically opens pics when I click on em. When it does that, it shows the metadata like phone used flash settings and whatnot.

Don't have a deck.
But enjoy the same thing in my wooded yard around the firepit.

Lots to burn this fall, means lots of cocktails also. The cool fall nights are my favorite. Most of my leaves are gone already. It's here.
Nice.
This fall we may tear down the deck and put in a patio with a center wood fired oven.
If not this fall, next spring.

Had my front railing redone and it was 600 bucks. My deck is huge so that shit is not an option unless I do it myself.
Really want the oven though so a deck rebuild may be out of the cards. Just not sure I want to deal with the steps every time I go out bak.

Don't have a deck.

Lots to burn this fall, means lots of cocktails also. The cool fall nights are my favorite. Most of my leaves are gone already. It's here.
Nice.
This fall we may tear down the deck and put in a patio with a center wood fired oven.

Had my front railing redone and it was 600 bucks. My deck is huge so that shit is not an option unless I do it myself.
Really want the oven though so a deck rebuild may be out of the cards. Just not sure I want to deal with the steps every time I go out bak.
Just curious. How may steps??

Don't have a deck.

Nice.

If we do a patio we have to redo the siding too though. It was redone after the deck.

The steps concern me for two reasons.

1. My dog.
2. My ass when I get a bit older.

Don't have a deck.

Nice.

Hmm, nice high deck. Mine has three. Thankfully. Do you have a water view from your deck or, I don't know, woods?

Don't have a deck.

Nice.

Hmm, nice high deck. Mine has three. Thankfully. Do you have a water view from your deck or, I don't know, woods?
Backed up to trees that are probably about 40 or 50 years old. Had to have the biggest taken out a couple years ago because lightning split it in two. I have one on the north side that concerns me but at 5k for removal I've opted for a few regular drinks and hope.

Grampa, if you want to stop that from happening, download this litle file and save it on your computer. some place. It's a stand alone program, extremely tiny. Once dowloaded and saved wherever is most convenient, just click it to open, the little box opens, then drag your photo into it, and it removes all that data. Then your picture upload is blank and all of that metadata is erased from the photo before uploading it on places like this and elsewhere.

Your phone is what is doing it. You can't turn that off, but you can delete the data from the pic with this little executive file.

It literally takes 2 seconds to do. Just drag and drop the pic into the little window and it's done. It's all automatic erasure as soon as it's dropped into the program window.

JPEG & PNG Stripper - www.SteelBytes.com

I've used it for over a decade. Awesome little stand alone program.

Meh....I'm fifty three and have dealt with cancer,hip replacement and back surgery.
Getting old sucks....get used to it.
That would be career ending for me. Fingers crossed

Yeah....everyone said how lucky I was to retire at 46.
I guess it's true. I'm glad I didnt wait till 50 or it would have really sucked.
This might sound crazy but I dont want to retire. I love my job. About half of my customers are repeat customers and hearing their adoration and seeing the transformations in their homes is UBER GRATIFYING.

I remember working for beer and bills. Now I get far more out of it

Grampa, if you want to stop that from happening, download this litle file and save it on your computer. some place. It's a stand alone program, extremely tiny. Once dowloaded and saved wherever is most convenient, just click it to open, the little box opens, then drag your photo into it, and it removes all that data. Then your picture upload is blank and all of that metadata is erased from the photo before uploading it on places like this and elsewhere.

Your phone is what is doing it. You can't turn that off, but you can delete the data from the pic with this little executive file.

It literally takes 2 seconds to do. Just drag and drop the pic into the little window and it's done. It's all automatic erasure as soon as it's dropped into the program window.

JPEG & PNG Stripper - www.SteelBytes.com

I've used it for over a decade. Awesome little stand alone program.
I'm not worried about it. I appreciate your concern tho. I have nothing to hide. Some nutbag online figures out where I'm at I will get jiggy with it if necessary. I'm 50 not retarded.

Don't have a deck.

Nice.

Backed up to trees that are probably about 40 or 50 years old. Had to have the biggest taken out a couple years ago because lightning split it in two. I have one on the north side that concerns me but at 5k for removal I've opted for a few regular drinks and hope.
Yeah I know. I had to remove a lot of trees that were close to my property or, had limbs hanging over my house cut a few years back. F, I think it was about that same amount. I just know I hated writing the check. Anyway, decks are the best. Enjoy your beverage, Gramps.

View attachment 217651

Life is good. Getting old is bad.

Getting old is not that bad. You can get away with alot more, you don't have to care what anyone thinks, you figure out ways of making money out of dirt, and you get everything all figured out.

I wouldn't want to go through being young again.
You cray cray...

I would love to do it all over again.
I could skip my vacation to prison. I could skip my first divorce....maybe. Certainly the second one. I could have seen Metalica in concert before the orchestra bullshit. I could have....

Nice.

Yeah I know. I had to remove a lot of trees that were close to my property or, had limbs hanging over my house cut a few years back. F, I think it was about that same amount. I just know I hated writing the check. Anyway, decks are the best. Enjoy your beverage, Gramps.
The lightning strike took out 3 privacy fences.

Forum List

Back