Lord Bless Lincoln Chafee!

Yeah, right. It takes so much courage to call a woman a name. The integrity and skills of this RINO should be praised.

Seriously, do you Cons ever get dates with real women, and not those just stockholm-sydrome conservative submissive republican Stepford wives? Do you even understand real women?

Calling her a cocky whacko is a gender neutral insult. Its not sexist. Any qualified politician needs to be prepared to have thick skin and weather some harshness. Yeah, the insult was kind of childish. But, do you think Palin is a fragile little alaskan beauty queen who needs to be protected from hardball politics, by chivalrous republican males? What a crock.

Seriously, do you Cons ever get dates with real women, and not those just stockholm-sydrome conservative submissive republican Stepford wives? Do you even understand real women?

Calling her a cocky whacko is a gender neutral insult. Its not sexist. Any qualified politician needs to be prepared to have thick skin and weather some harshness. Yeah, the insult was kind of childish. But, do you think Palin is a fragile little alaskan beauty queen who needs to be protected from hardball politics, by chivalrous republican males? What a crock.

Such chivalrous republican males, like Rudy Giuliani.

Rudy Giuliani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally, this is my favorite.

On May 10, 2000, Giuliani called a press conference to announce that he intended to separate from Hanover.[191][192] Hanover, however, had not been told about his plans before his press conference,[193] an omission for which Giuliani was widely criticized.

First, I think Governor Palin loves it... as every leftist that advances these screeds seems to run her poll numbers up... But with that said, if Governor Palin were here, I'd enjoy watching her clean these anti-Americans up...

She of course is NOT here thus we're faced with either letting these supercilious screeds to go unchecked or driving them over the fence when and wherever they're pitched. Now personally, I'm more of a fence driver...

First, I think Governor Palin loves it... as every leftist that advances these screeds seems to run her poll numbers up... But with that said, if Governor Palin were here, I'd enjoy watching her clean these anti-Americans up...

She of course is NOT here thus we're faced with either letting these supercilious screeds to go unchecked or driving them over the fence when and wherever they're pitched. Now personally, I'm more of a fence driver...

Anti-Americans?
mdbushmd1.jpg

6.jpg
:eusa_whistle:

ROFLMNAO... Well THERE's your problem... Why don't you cite a 'true conservative' principle that Chaffe is known to have prmoted...

(Enjoy kids... the silence will be DEAFENING!)

I don't know, Pub. Do these sound consevative to you?
(partial list shown here. Links to full quote at source)

Looks to me, (I cheated and looked at the whole list) like he leans to the liberal side on most social issues, and is mixed on business and taxation issues.

Lieberman is more a Democrat than Chafee a Republican, I think, based on their entire record.

• Reinstitute pay-as-you-go: match tax cuts & spending cuts. (Sep 2006)
    • Pork barrel accounts for 1% of the budget, and is requested. (Aug 2006)
    • Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
    • Voted NO on prioritizing national debt reduction below tax cuts. (Apr 2000)
    • Maintain & enforce existing spending caps in the future. (Sep 1998)
    • Voted NO on repealing tax subsidy for companies which move US jobs offshore. (Mar 2005)
    • Voted YES on reforming bankruptcy to include means-testing & restrictions. (Mar 2005)
    • Voted YES on restricting rules on personal bankruptcy. (Jul 2001)
    • Rated 57% by the US COC, indicating a mixed business voting record. (Dec 2003)
    • Supports NCLB's standardized testing, if federally funded. (Sep 2006)
    • Fund special education before tax cuts for the wealthy. (Aug 2006)
    • Supports parents choosing schools via vouchers. (Sep 2000)
    • Supports vouchers & charters, plus more public funding. (Jan 2000)
    • Voted NO on $52M for "21st century community learning centers". (Oct 2005)
    • Voted NO on $5B for grants to local educational agencies. (Oct 2005)
    • Voted YES on shifting $11B from corporate tax loopholes to education. (Mar 2005)
    • Voted NO on funding smaller classes instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
    • Voted NO on funding student testing instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
    • Voted YES on spending $448B of tax cut on education & debt reduction. (Apr 2001)
    • Voted NO on Educational Savings Accounts. (Mar 2000)
    • Focus educational resources to help those with greatest need. (Jul 2001)
    • Require state standards, regular assessments, and sanctions. (Jul 2001)
    • Support Ed-Flex: more flexibility if more accountable. (Jul 2001)
    • Rated 55% by the NEA, indicating a mixed record on public education. (Dec 2003)
    • Supports spending resources to stop Global Warming. (Sep 2000)
    • Voted YES on disallowing an oil leasing program in Alaska's ANWR. (Nov 2005)
    • Voted YES on $3.1B for emergency oil assistance for hurricane-hit areas. (Oct 2005)
    • Voted YES on reducing oil usage by 40% by 2025 (instead of 5%). (Jun 2005)
    • Voted YES on banning drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. (Mar 2005)
    • Voted YES on Bush Administration Energy Policy. (Jul 2003)
    • Voted YES on targeting 100,000 hydrogen-powered vehicles by 2010. (Jun 2003)
    • Voted YES on removing consideration of drilling ANWR from budget bill. (Mar 2003)
    • Voted NO on drilling ANWR on national security grounds. (Apr 2002)
    • Voted NO on terminating CAFE standards within 15 months. (Mar 2002)
    • Voted NO on preserving budget for ANWR oil drilling. (Apr 2000)
    • Keep efficient air conditioner rule to conserve energy. (Mar 2004)
    • Establish greenhouse gas tradeable allowances. (Feb 2005)
    • Supports immediate reductions in greenhouse gases. (Sep 1998)
    • Voted YES on implementing CAFTA for Central America free-trade. (Jul 2005)
    • Voted YES on establishing free trade between US & Singapore. (Jul 2003)
    • Voted YES on establishing free trade between the US and Chile. (Jul 2003)
    • Voted YES on extending free trade to Andean nations. (May 2002)
    • Voted YES on granting normal trade relations status to Vietnam. (Oct 2001)
    • Voted YES on removing common goods from national security export rules. (Sep 2001)
    • Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)
    • Voted YES on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)
    • Promote the Andean Free Trade Agreement. (May 2002)
    • Rated 92% by CATO, indicating a pro-free trade voting record. (Dec 2002)
    • Vindicated for opposing Alito, by Alito?s bad votes. (Aug 2006)
    • Has concerns about Bush?s expansion of executive power. (Aug 2006)
    • Voted YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress. (Mar 2006)
    • Voted YES on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity. (Mar 2006)
    • Voted YES on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads. (Mar 2002)
    • Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration. (Feb 2002)
    • Voted YES on banning campaign donations from unions & corporations. (Apr 2001)
    • Restrict lobbyist gifts & disclose lobbyist info on Internet. (Dec 2005)
    • Reduce federal government size & scope, including military. (Sep 1998)
    • Don't put Soc. Sec. benefits at risk. (Sep 2006)
    • Supports privatizing Social Security. (Sep 2000)
    • Rated 30% by the ARA, indicating an anti-senior voting record. (Dec 2003)
    • Supports individual savings accounts and work incentives. (Sep 1998)

You've either lost your damn mind or you have no earthly idea what a "true" conservative is.

This is not a conservative record.
Lincoln Chafee on the Issues

This is Lincon Chafee:
s080_040.gif

* Embryonic stem cell research could help with many diseases. (Sep 2006)
* Leaving abortion to states means only wealthy have choice. (Sep 2006)
* The real potential for cures is in the embryonic stem cells. (Aug 2006)
* Opposed the Alito nomination on 3 issues, not litmus test. (Aug 2006)
* Strongly supports "Abortion is a woman's right". (Sep 2000)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Rated 90% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Sponsored bill for emergency contraception for rape victims. (Sep 2006)

Hey what's not to love about the guy. Isn't this something we want, stem cell research and less government intrusion into our personal lives???:eusa_whistle:

Dunno... looks to me like he's a fiscal conservative, but pretty libertarian on social issues.

is that liberal? I figure it's what republicans used to be before they went nuts.

For one fiscal is only one part of political conservancy(the most important IMO, but nonetheless, only one. Two, please demonstrate fiscal conservancy in the page that I posted.

* Embryonic stem cell research could help with many diseases. (Sep 2006)
* Leaving abortion to states means only wealthy have choice. (Sep 2006)
* The real potential for cures is in the embryonic stem cells. (Aug 2006)
* Opposed the Alito nomination on 3 issues, not litmus test. (Aug 2006)
* Strongly supports "Abortion is a woman's right". (Sep 2000)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Rated 90% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Sponsored bill for emergency contraception for rape victims. (Sep 2006)

Hey what's not to love about the guy. Isn't this something we want, stem cell research and less government intrusion into our personal lives???:eusa_whistle:

I don't have a problem with stem cell research, I take issue with embryonic stem cell research. As for less intrusion, of course, but the last time I checked, your Green Party did not have that anywhere on there platform.

The most recent Green Party platform:
Table of Contents

more specifically:
INTRODUCTION

You my friend are either illiterate or just plain stupid. Nowhere in my statement did i make any sort of claim that his statement was sexist. I simply pointed out that it's oh so courageous to insult a woman.

However, Im not sure why im bothering. I doubt you'll get it this time. You dont want to.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with stem cell research, I take issue with embryonic stem cell research. As for less intrusion, of course, but the last time I checked, your Green Party did not have that anywhere on there platform.

The most recent Green Party platform:
Table of Contents

more specifically:
INTRODUCTION

Less government intrusion is a key of any US political platform. That goes without saying.:clap2:

Forum List

Back