Charlie Rangold

MalibuMan

Aug 27, 2008
Lebanon Ohio
Isn't he chairman of the Wade and Means group? Aren't they in charge of the tax code?

And good ole Charlie seems to have forgot to pay some of his taxes.

Why the hell isn't this all over the news.

Hang him up.

Isn't he chairman of the Wade and Means group? Aren't they in charge of the tax code?

And good ole Charlie seems to have forgot to pay some of his taxes.

Why the hell isn't this all over the news.

Hang him up.

See, assholes like you want to bicker about this when this is happening:

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The firms worked with shell hedge funds that had little more than offshore mailing addresses in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The funds arranged complex equity swaps and stock loans aimed at circumventing U.S. tax laws, a staff report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said.

The IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007. (THE SAME TIME THE REPUBLICANS RAN ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT)

Lehman estimated its customer’s eluded payment of as much $115 million in 2004 alone.

UBS helped clients escape payment of $62 million from 2004 to 2007.

YOU ARE TRULY MAKING AMERICA WEAKER. STOP BEING A SHITHEAD.

If he was a repub I would still say this. Politicians make me so sick on both sides. We has a nation are going down. There is no accountablity for anything anymore.

Wow the name calling. I'm impressed.

I'm all in favor of going after them. They shouldn't do that stuff.
Ring'em up.

See, assholes like you want to bicker about this when this is happening:

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The firms worked with shell hedge funds that had little more than offshore mailing addresses in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The funds arranged complex equity swaps and stock loans aimed at circumventing U.S. tax laws, a staff report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said.

The IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007. (THE SAME TIME THE REPUBLICANS RAN ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT)

Lehman estimated its customer’s eluded payment of as much $115 million in 2004 alone.

UBS helped clients escape payment of $62 million from 2004 to 2007.

YOU ARE TRULY MAKING AMERICA WEAKER. STOP BEING A SHITHEAD.

Are you saying Clinton was a Rupublican? If the IRS looked the other way, how is the Judicial Branch suppose to step in and do the job.

True. But you have to admitt that shit like this goes on all the time and we just sit back. Nothing ever seems to get one about any of it. Lets face it their are crooked politicans on both sides that need to be out.

He writes the tax code and he says he forgot $75,000 of annual income for years? It didn't appear on his income statements for the ethics committees either.

And realty issues are such an important and messy part of the tax code. I worked at a tax preparation place for a year. There is so much going on there, no way he could forget.

As to private firms helping in tax avoidance (which is your constitutional right, as distinct from tax evasion, as in Charlie's case, which is a felony) that is how they do favors for their clients. Helping clients with Muni bonds, tax shelters (which are legal in the tax code) and such is acceptable. Just plain ignoring an income source is not. Especially in his case. And 75,000 may be trivial to him, but it 3x what I make in a year.

Forum List

Back