McCain calls the Tea Party "hobbits"

McCain was quoting the Wall Street Journal.

So it was McCain and the Wall Street Journal calling the Weak Tea Party," hobbits."

I'm disappointed in McCain. I mean, I thought he was the one who came up with the description of the tea party folks as hobbits. Now I find out that it was the WSJ?
isn't the WSJ A conservative rag?

That's not the point. I just thought McCain was expressing an original thought, and it turns out he was just expressing someone else's original thought. That's not very original on the part of McCain.

I'm disappointed in McCain. I mean, I thought he was the one who came up with the description of the tea party folks as hobbits. Now I find out that it was the WSJ?
isn't the WSJ A conservative rag?

That's not the point. I just thought McCain was expressing an original thought, and it turns out he was just expressing someone else's original thought. That's not very original on the part of McCain.
to him it was...keep in mind he has trouble remembering what century he's in!

John McCain essentially told the tea party idiots what I've been telling you idiots,

that the Republicans ONLY control the House. They don't control the presidency or the Senate,

but they're obstinately, insanely, acting as though their politically impossible agenda is somehow possible.

Two things:

1. Elections have consequences and
2. We won

No you didn't. The Senate is Democratic and Barack Obama is still president. You're the kind of idiot McCain was addressing...

...rightwing nutters who think that just because the House can pass a bill that it then magically becomes law.

I appreciate McCain's service to the counry, both military and political, but there does come a time to retire. His time is now.

Dont take this too hard! But it passed.

And what will happen to it in the Senate? :eusa_eh: :eusa_whistle:

Dead on arrival. They wont even look at it. Thats how compromise works for democrats.

Boehner gave in to extra revenue, Obama moved the goal posts. Maybe you would like to discuss all the offers on entitlements the dems have made?

He calls the T-Partiers out & mentions their nominating Angle & ODonnell as nominees LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt5OE3_3zvM]‪McCain: Tea Partiers Have Bad 'Hobbit' Of Not Raising Debt Ceiling‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:
McShame lost in 2008 because was too liberal.

Were he to run in 2012 he'd lose either because he has become more liberal or he has become senile.

Oh, wait, those are the same!

Last edited:
gollum.jpg

Washington (CNN) - On the same day that House Speaker John Boehner told Republicans to "Get your asses in line" and support his debt ceiling proposal, Sen. John McCain also blasted fellow Republicans.

In a Senate floor speech laced with sarcasm and stings, the Arizona Republican aimed especially harsh fire at the tea party Wednesday.

McCain said the movement is "foolish" to think a balanced budget amendment could pass before the August 2 deadline. At one point, McCain read from an op-ed in Wednesday's Wall Street Journal. That article referred to activists as "tea party hobbits" – the little people who inhabit Middle-earth in the Lord of the Rings series.

McCain – 2008's Republican presidential nominee – also blasted as "bizarre" an idea supported by current GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, though McCain did not mention her by name.

McCain refers to ‘tea party hobbits,’ blasts Bachmann-backed idea – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It would be soooooo much easier for republicans if conservatives were as easy to manipulate as lefties.

Forum List

Back