Looks like Trump's lawyers are out to get him too

So you have excuses. But why didn’t he submit that to the court when he got the subpoena? The one he lied in response to?

I know why you don’t answer. You know I’m right. And you would rather burn the world down than agree with a Liberal.
He didn't lie, and when has any other president ever asked the court for permission to take documents?

I marvel at the way you prog morons impose rules on Trump that have never been imposed on any other president.

He didn't lie, and when has any other president ever asked the court for permission to take documents?

I marvel at the way you prog morons impose rules on Trump that have never been imposed on any other president.

I can see your rage has clouded your mind. Let’s get serious for a moment.

The Clinton case was litigated in the courts. He made the argument, and the courts agreed. They did not just assume he would make the argument. He actually made the arguments.

Let’s put it this way. Let’s say the police arrive at your home and find someone shot and killed. You have to explain that what you did was legal, and why. You aren’t just given the benefit of the doubt. You have to claim self defense. You have to describe the circumstances so they can judge if it is self defense.

Trump could have claimed it when the FBI first got involved. He could have had his lawyers write a letter in response to the FBI’s letter explaining it. He could have filed a motion with the Court when the Subpoena was issued. At every step Trump had the opportunity to make the argument.

But you say that is unprecedented. Hardly. President’s have used legal arguments for generations. They have findings to justify their actions as legal. That is where a lawyer writes up a memo explaining that this action is legal because it is covered under UN Resolutions, or whatever.

In other words, actions are always explained. Now imagine if a black guy is standing over the body of a white woman. Imagine your outrage if it is assumed he had nothing to do with the crime. He just wondered up. The argument by the cops is that he might have wondered up. He could have an Alibi. He could have a good explanation.

Your head would explode.

He declassified it the minute he packed it, dumbass.
gby8cfxjurlc1.jpeg

The documents never belonged to Trump. He basically stole them when he snuck out of town to avoid the inauguration and transition. He's a weakling.
They belonged to him them the minute he decided to take them. That's what a federal judged ruled.

Forum List

Back