Looks like Trump's lawyers are out to get him too

Yes, extremely unlikely. Trump's defense would have been heavily tax and corporate law based. A jury would more likely have seen the disparities and ruled some liability based on equity grounds alone.

Further, if it was an error, it could have easily been corrected before trial.

The law that President Trump is being charged with has only 1 option for adjudication.
That is a bench trial.

Trump is the victimiest victimy victim in the history of historical histories, that's for sure.
THE best "victim" EVER.
NO ONE has ever done victimhood like Trump.
In a class, all by himself.
For that, I applaud him.
Until then, it was actually my 5 year old whining about my 7 year old daughter, teasing him.

The law that President Trump is being charged with has only 1 option for adjudication.
That is a bench trial.
Can you cite the law? This is interesting given its relative rarity.

I am in agreement with Marty here. Even if he had the option, it would have been unwise to put this to a jury, given the arcane nature of his defense relying on accounting opinions etc.

THE best "victim" EVER.
NO ONE has ever done victimhood like Trump.
In a class, all by himself.
For that, I applaud him.
Until then, it was actually my 5 year old whining about my 7 year old daughter, teasing him.
The true victims are everyone who votes Republican.

Can you cite the law? This is interesting given its relative rarity.

I am in agreement with Marty here. Even if he had the option, it would have been unwise to put this to a jury, given the arcane nature of his defense relying on accounting opinions etc.

I don't have it handy - Rare, may have been an exaggeration - but not common.

We long ago should have given up trial by Jury - we currently don't have an informed enough citizenry with sufficient critical thinking skills.

Trump is the victimiest victimy victim in the history of historical histories, that's for sure.
Finally you get something right. He is a victum of attack by a political party who are using gov. agencies to attack political opponents.

Guess those who want to do what Hitler did too is fine.

Oh well. That path always leads to one thing in the end. You figure that out skippy.

So why aren't trump's lawyers complaining about their request for a jury trial being ignored? That would be a legitimate reason to complain about favoritism.

Because there was no request.

Juries are finders of fact.
The Prosecutor and the Judge did an end run around the Jury, when the judge ruled on "the facts" himself.
So there are no facts to adjudicate.
(summary Judgement)

It will all be overturned on appeal.

The Prosecutor and the Judge did an end run around the Jury, when the judge ruled on "the facts" himself.
(summary Judgement)

You keep hoping and praying, Chump. 😄

(summary Judgement)

It was trump's responsibility to request a jury if they wanted one. Seems trump doesn't only hire the best people after all.

New York Judge Arthur Ergoron on Monday said that he is holding a bench trial in New York Attorney General Letitia James fraud lawsuit against former President Donald Trump because "nobody asked for" a jury trial on either side, The Messenger's Adam Klasfeld reported. "Trump isn't getting a jury trial in his $250m civil fraud suit brought against him by New York AG James because his legal team didn't request one on the paperwork," explained The Guardian's Hugo Lowell.

Legal experts were stunned by the revelation, characterizing it as a blunder by the former president's lawyers. "So Alina Habba didn't demand a jury trial?!" wrote MSNBC legal analyst Katie Phang. "I wonder how Trump feels about this screw-up by his legal team." Former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman called the decision "mind-blowing."

Instead, his lawyer will depend on the judgement of a judge who has TDS.
Quicker judgment, quicker victory on appeal.

Smart lawyers.

Forum List

Back