Look how much warmer we are today than 12 years ago...

Geez, Sinatra, you are proving what an idiot you truly are. Run a line across the top temps of the satellite data, what is the slope of the line? Now run one across the bottoms temps of the satellite data. What is the slope of the line?

As for your other charts, until I see the source of each, something a bit better than Kellercitylimits.com, I will regard them as gigo.

Don't fear the truth old timer.

And if you wish to now utilize the lesser sun activity and ocean trends as the primary cause of the global cooling, would not the same sources also apply for warming trends - so the sun and the oceans actually play a far more significant role than humankind regarding impacts upon earth's climate?

Regardless, as for now, the earth is cooling...

6a00d83451e28a69e2011570acdbb9970c-800wi

Geological_TS_Sea_Level.jpg

pdo_latest.jpeg

Global%20Cooling%20Graph.jpg

prediction_strip2.jpg

Geez, Sinatra, you are proving what an idiot you truly are. Run a line across the top temps of the satellite data, what is the slope of the line? Now run one across the bottoms temps of the satellite data. What is the slope of the line?

As for your other charts, until I see the source of each, something a bit better than Kellercitylimits.com, I will regard them as gigo.

Don't fear the truth old timer.

And if you wish to now utilize the lesser sun activity and ocean trends as the primary cause of the global cooling, would not the same sources also apply for warming trends - so the sun and the oceans actually play a far more significant role than humankind regarding impacts upon earth's climate?

Regardless, as for now, the earth is cooling...

6a00d83451e28a69e2011570acdbb9970c-800wi

Geological_TS_Sea_Level.jpg

pdo_latest.jpeg

Global%20Cooling%20Graph.jpg

prediction_strip2.jpg

The earth is cooling...

You cannot create a trend based on two-three years of cooling. What happens after it cools?

Two or three years? :lol:

Go back to the kiddie pool kid...

Um, I was using your "cooling earth" chart as a focal point regarding your claim the earth is cooling. It appears the earth is cooling, but only since 2007, hence 2-3 years. granted, it's showing that the IPCC estimate may be incorrect, but I would like more methodology on their data and their organization, scienceandpublicpolicy.org

As for your tropospheric temperature chart, sure, geologically, it appears to be cooling, as a comparison to the Tertiary, with the exception being the little ice ages.

Also, what is the next chart, regarding the PDO index? Do you know what that is? without using google?

For your graph from Joe D'Aleo, did you know that most of his funding comes from Exxon/Mobil? Interesting that a climatologist who denies global warming is funded by an oil producer. Can you find me a more fair and balanced source?

Also, your last chart regarding sunspot activity has nothing to do with temperature. I see sunspot activity, but no temperature readings.

I rule the kiddy pool.

Name calling now?

It would appear you are realizing your own demise per this subject of global warming...er, cooling..., er climate change....

You stated the earth had cooled recently due to low sunspot activity. You/Chris also remarked the sunspot activity was at its lowest in 80 years - but 80 years ago, the earth was in a warming trend.

Just trying to follow your path of logic - or lack thereof.

Get real. We are far warmer than we were in the '30s. And we are at a solar minimum, and had a La nina. Yet most of the last four years have ranked in the top ten of the last 150 years for heat.

Simply not true - at least utilizing the US temp records, which are the most accurate due to numbers of stations. You are aware of the data infill that takes place with the historical global temp data, yes?

I suggest you educate yourself far more on this subject - you persist in spouting long-dismissed falsities as fact and your reputation continues to be the worse for it...

Here is some Greenland data: (since the global warmers are so concerned with Greenland's ice melting and causing the seas to rise)

Atlantic+Multidecadal+Oscillation.gif

The 1930s and 1940s were warmer than present time - considerably so.

Same goes for the Arctic:

Arctic+temperatures+since+1900.jpg

Now let us turn to the United States temp. data specifically. This data was quietly revised after faults had been discovered in its tabulations - faults that incorrectly placed 1998 as the warmest recorded year in the US records. You see, it is far more difficult to infill temp data with the US records as there remains an abundance of surface temp station data for over 100 years. (though such infill and trending takes place - most recently by NOAA which showed significant discrepancies when compared to NASA data) Just like the more recent and accurate satellite temp data from 1979 to present is far more difficult to manipulate - data that shows we are hardly warmer now than 1979 when the earth was coming out of a cold spell.

6 of the top 10 warmest years of US temps were prior to 1960. Four of the top 10 were in the 1930s - twice as much as any other decade.

These facts are shown clearly in the following graph, which does not even account for the cooling of the most recent decade - here we see that 1998 - the oft repeated high point of the global warmers, was far less warm than many periods prior to 1950:

hammer-graph-5-us-temps.jpg

And when adding the most recent yearly temp data, we now see the clearly downward trend...

6a010536b58035970c01156ff0861d970c-800wi

Global temps are in decline as well...

global-temp-2003-2008.jpg

trend-of-60-month-slopes1.jpg

VOOROTRENDS.jpg

And the all-important and far more accurate satellite data...

uah_jun09.png

For the little fella who made claims of only a "two or three year trend".

It would appear far more years than that pard...

Get real. We are far warmer than we were in the '30s. And we are at a solar minimum, and had a La nina. Yet most of the last four years have ranked in the top ten of the last 150 years for heat.

Simply not true - at least utilizing the US temp records, which are the most accurate due to numbers of stations. You are aware of the data infill that takes place with the historical global temp data, yes?

I suggest you educate yourself far more on this subject - you persist in spouting long-dismissed falsities as fact and your reputation continues to be the worse for it...

Here is some Greenland data: (since the global warmers are so concerned with Greenland's ice melting and causing the seas to rise)

Atlantic+Multidecadal+Oscillation.gif

The 1930s and 1940s were warmer than present time - considerably so.

Same goes for the Arctic:

Arctic+temperatures+since+1900.jpg

Now let us turn to the United States temp. data specifically. This data was quietly revised after faults had been discovered in its tabulations - faults that incorrectly placed 1998 as the warmest recorded year in the US records. You see, it is far more difficult to infill temp data with the US records as there remains an abundance of surface temp station data for over 100 years. (though such infill and trending takes place - most recently by NOAA which showed significant discrepancies when compared to NASA data) Just like the more recent and accurate satellite temp data from 1979 to present is far more difficult to manipulate - data that shows we are hardly warmer now than 1979 when the earth was coming out of a cold spell.

6 of the top 10 warmest years of US temps were prior to 1960. Four of the top 10 were in the 1930s - twice as much as any other decade.

These facts are shown clearly in the following graph, which does not even account for the cooling of the most recent decade - here we see that 1998 - the oft repeated high point of the global warmers, was far less warm than many periods prior to 1950:

hammer-graph-5-us-temps.jpg

And when adding the most recent yearly temp data, we now see the clearly downward trend...

6a010536b58035970c01156ff0861d970c-800wi

Global temps are in decline as well...

global-temp-2003-2008.jpg

trend-of-60-month-slopes1.jpg

VOOROTRENDS.jpg

And the all-important and far more accurate satellite data...

uah_jun09.png

Temps have gone up and temps have gone down - and since the satellite data starting point of 1979, they have remained about the same...

You cannot create a trend based on two-three years of cooling. What happens after it cools?

Um, I was using your "cooling earth" chart as a focal point regarding your claim the earth is cooling. It appears the earth is cooling, but only since 2007, hence 2-3 years. granted, it's showing that the IPCC estimate may be incorrect, but I would like more methodology on their data and their organization, scienceandpublicpolicy.org

As for your tropospheric temperature chart, sure, geologically, it appears to be cooling, as a comparison to the Tertiary, with the exception being the little ice ages.

Also, what is the next chart, regarding the PDO index? Do you know what that is? without using google?

For your graph from Joe D'Aleo, did you know that most of his funding comes from Exxon/Mobil? Interesting that a climatologist who denies global warming is funded by an oil producer. Can you find me a more fair and balanced source?

Also, your last chart regarding sunspot activity has nothing to do with temperature. I see sunspot activity, but no temperature readings.

I rule the kiddy pool.

Below is a link to an interesting article that exposes the fallacy of the land based measure of temperature accuracy. The number of stations with consistantly complete data over the years outside of the former British Empire, especially the USA is virtually non existant.

The areas with no stations and therefore estimates is well over half the globe. Within this relative void of data, the data that is available is massaged by people who are ardent proponents of AGW.

The satelite data is complete, homogenized and in opposition to the conclusions of the Ground stations boiled down conclusions.

Who ya gonna trust? Scientists with a world view using the latest technology or scientists using the state of the art methods popular in 1880?

GISS Divergence with satellite temperatures since the start of 2003 « Watts Up With That?

The temperatures have gone up.

That is why the North Polar Ice Cap is melting along with the glaciers.

I rule the kiddy pool.

Below is a link to an interesting article that exposes the fallacy of the land based measure of temperature accuracy. The number of stations with consistantly complete data over the years outside of the former British Empire, especially the USA is virtually non existant.

The areas with no stations and therefore estimates is well over half the globe. Within this relative void of data, the data that is available is massaged by people who are ardent proponents of AGW.

The satelite data is complete, homogenized and in opposition to the conclusions of the Ground stations boiled down conclusions.

Who ya gonna trust? Scientists with a world view using the latest technology or scientists using the state of the art methods popular in 1880?

GISS Divergence with satellite temperatures since the start of 2003 « Watts Up With That?

You are quite correct - infilling data has been rampant for years.

Steig was the latest to get the proverbial hand caught in the cookie jar doing this. He was the one whose paper was quickly published in Nature w/o due peer review process only to later be called out for highly speculative infilling/estimation of temperature data to come up with a pre-determined outcome. Here is a fascinating discussion regarding Steig and his "cooked books". It gets a bit technical, but if you stick with it you can follow it. I was fortunate to have gone over this information with a geology professor with nearly 40 years in his profession who is well known internationally in the climate debate, so he was able to break it down very clearly for me. In essence, the Steig report was a statistical farce. And while the media stopped reporting on it when the news of this farce began to spread, the same media ignored most attempts to report on the significant discrepancies in the Steig data:

Steig et al ‘Antarctica Warming Paper’ process is finally replicated, and dealt a blow to “robustness”. « Watts Up With That?

And one of the satellite temperature graphs from the above linked discussion clearly showing a cooling Antarctic:

fig_42.png

Hey dingbat, look at the chart. The sun is at a very low period of activity right now, yet look at where we are on that chart.

Name calling now?

It would appear you are realizing your own demise per this subject of global warming...er, cooling..., er climate change....

You stated the earth had cooled recently due to low sunspot activity. You/Chris also remarked the sunspot activity was at its lowest in 80 years - but 80 years ago, the earth was in a warming trend.

Actually, we haven't had a La Nina in about a year and to be honest, the La Nina we recently had wasn't all that strong.

Climate Prediction Center - Monitoring & Data: ENSO Impacts on the U.S. - Previous Events

We're not warmer today than we are in the 1930s or we'd be breaking records set in the 1930s every day.

In addition, the tools and methods we used to measure the number of hurricanes, the amount of snow, number of tornadoes, etc. has greatly improved since the 1930s. So if 20 hurricanes formed in the 1930s and none of them hit land, we'd say it was a pretty quiet season, right? The problem is, we have NO idea what's been out there really since the 1960s. We're still re-evaluating Andrew and other hurricanes that hit less than 20 years ago because the tools we have today are far more accurate than they were 20 years ago. So to say that our weather is different today than it was 80 years ago is a falsehood - it's like a blind man trying to interpret art back in the 1930s and today it's like a man with genetically engineered eyes.

In 2005 the ice in my sifter of Johnny Walker black took about 20 minutes or so before I had to make a trip to the freezer to reload. Now it's 15 minutes. The debate is over!!!

Name calling now?

Actually, we haven't had a La Nina in about a year and to be honest, the La Nina we recently had wasn't all that strong.

Climate Prediction Center - Monitoring & Data: ENSO Impacts on the U.S. - Previous Events

We're not warmer today than we are in the 1930s or we'd be breaking records set in the 1930s every day.

In addition, the tools and methods we used to measure the number of hurricanes, the amount of snow, number of tornadoes, etc. has greatly improved since the 1930s. So if 20 hurricanes formed in the 1930s and none of them hit land, we'd say it was a pretty quiet season, right? The problem is, we have NO idea what's been out there really since the 1960s. We're still re-evaluating Andrew and other hurricanes that hit less than 20 years ago because the tools we have today are far more accurate than they were 20 years ago. So to say that our weather is different today than it was 80 years ago is a falsehood - it's like a blind man trying to interpret art back in the 1930s and today it's like a man with genetically engineered eyes.

According to every peice of data that I have seen, the world as a whole is far warmer than it was in the 1930s. In fact, there is not one year of the past decade that is cooler than any single year in the '30s. Not on land, not on the ocean.

NOAA Paleoclimatology Global Warming - The Data

The Modern Temperature Trend

Temperature curves global last 1000 years, 140 years and Africa last 100 years. | UNEP/GRID-Arendal - Publications - Vital Climate Graphics Africa

Simply posting your "proofs" doesn't answer the scientifically founded questions I asked you go away. I explained my 2-3 year trend statement in my last response to you. No answer, or were you simply busy cutting and pasting from right wing oil company shills?

According to every peice of data that I have seen, the world as a whole is far warmer than it was in the 1930s. In fact, there is not one year of the past decade that is cooler than any single year in the '30s. Not on land, not on the ocean.

Temperature curves global last 1000 years, 140 years and Africa last 100 years. | UNEP/GRID-Arendal - Publications - Vital Climate Graphics Africa

The world as a whole didn't have any way to measure global temperatures in the 1930s. You really think Nazi Germany and Japan sent the US their temperatures to us?

COME ON. This is all complete bullshit.

And by the way, there is FAR more data available than just a couple of links.

The real way to gague global warming is through SSTs, NOT land temperatures.

What I mean by that is: Is NYC warmer today than it was in the 1600s? OF COURSE IT IS! There's a few billion pounds of concrete which absorbs heat and doesn't let it go.

How many other cities around the country have more concrete today than they did in the 1930s?

Look at SSTs - there is where you'll find your trend... or lack thereof.

The world as a whole didn't have any way to measure global temperatures in the 1930s. You really think Nazi Germany and Japan sent the US their temperatures to us?

COME ON. This is all complete bullshit.

Common sense is increasingly uncommon among the global warmers - and they are getting downright strident in more recent years due to the increasing numbers of folks questioning the manipulated "science" to support the religion of man-made global warming.

The real way to gague global warming is through SSTs, NOT land temperatures.

What I mean by that is: Is NYC warmer today than it was in the 1600s? OF COURSE IT IS! There's a few billion pounds of concrete which absorbs heat and doesn't let it go.

How many other cities around the country have more concrete today than they did in the 1930s?

Look at SSTs - there is where you'll find your trend... or lack thereof.

BALONEY!
The oceans are NOT covered with concrete and they are warming also, matching the same long term land warming trend. Both Dude and Lieability have already run away from this fact, will you also???
And the SSTs show a long term warming trend matching the surface measurements which is why deniers dishonestly cherry-pick very short term trends.

levitus_2009_figure.jpg

Satellite_Temperatures.png

Forum List

Back