Look at the list of Democrats and Republicans who want to sit together

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
at the SOTU address:

If this doesn't drive the rest away, nothing will.

According to Udall's office, the following Senators have formally signed on to the bipartisan seating plan:

Democrats:

ShaheenWydenLiebermanBegichBoxerMcCaskill Ben NelsonLandrieuReedGillibrandWhitehouseKlobuchar

Republicans:

MurkowskiMcCainSnowe CollinsAyotte

As well as the following House Members:

Democrats:

Mike MichaudHeath ShulerMike Ross Jim Matheson Chellie Pingree Sanford Bishop

Republicans:

Though no House Republicans have formally signed on, Rep. Kevin McCarthy has said he supports the idea.

Effort To Blur Party Lines At State Of The Union Gaining Momentum - FoxNews.com

This is a great idea. Disappointing to not see more names on there. Especially not one single House Republican.

• Banned
Are Republicans supposed to stand up and cheer when Obama tears into the Supreme Court, like Democrats did?

The Democrats don't want it to be obvious to the viewers at home how outnumbered they are.

I'd love for McCain and Snowe and Collins to be surrounded by those dogs.

This is a great idea. Disappointing to not see more names on there. Especially not one single House Republican.

I can't blame the Republicans. Would you want to sit next to Henry Waxman?

Ugliest%20Dog%20Dies_slideshow_604x500.jpg

The State of Union message is required by the Constitution. However, it does not have to be speech. I think we should skip the dog and pony show and just have president send a written copy to congress.

A 'Kinder Gentler' U.S. Congress? Why not? It couldn't hurt. It's mostly a symbolic gesture but that's ok. They should go for it.

I think a bit of communal singing would be nice. A real kumbaya moment. Ahhhhhhh! We all love each other really.

Or....

They could act like fucking grown ups for a change.

Just more meaningless Kabuki theatre for a braindead American audience.

How much more elementary school is this nation going to get.

Let's all sit together boys and girls and pretend that you like each other.

The great American experiment is rapidly failing.

The difference between our politicians and some of the intellectually challenged in the country is that our politicians understand the meaning of the word 'rhetoric'. They can disagree - rant, rave and scream at each other - and have a beer together. They can separate politics from the person.

Unlike some of the less intelligent members of this forum.

The difference between our politicians and some of the intellectually challenged in the country is that our politicians understand the meaning of the word 'rhetoric'. They can disagree - rant, rave and scream at each other - and have a beer together. They can separate politics from the person.

I have a different perspective sister .. one that comes from talking to and having to deal with politicians in congress. But my different perspective isn't the point. The point is that this just theatre for dumb people. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference where one sits for serious people to do the business of a great nation.

Illusions of unity during a staged event where nothing is going to be decided is made for TV. REAL demonstrations of unity are to be found in good legislation .. PT Barnum not required.

And if you think that politicians aren't as forceful, passionate, and lunatic in what they believe as posters on this board .. you probably haven't been around them enough to see them personally. They're just people. They have the exact same frailties of human nature as everyone else.

Last edited:

I have a different perspective sister .. one that comes from talking to and having to deal with politicians in congress. But my different perspective isn't the point. The point is that this just theatre for dumb people. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference where one sits for serious people to do the business of a great nation.

Illusions of unity during a staged event where nothing is going to be decided is made for TV. REAL demonstrations of unity are to be found in good legislation .. PT Barnum not required.

And if you think that politicians aren't as forceful, passionate, and lunatic in what they believe as posters on this board .. you probably haven't been around them enough to see them personally. They're just people. They have the exact same frailties of human nature as everyone else.

Excellent post. This "feel good" moment staged for the world to see will quickly dissolve in rancor once the get into chambers. Let's hope that debating issues do not come from agendas from each party but issues for the country and what our country needs.

Its a fucking awful idea, let the country see how much we're against the Progressive Jihad.

I live for the day when the Dems have only 4 seats in the entire Congress

The State of Union speech is a Dog and Pony Show that should have been replaced years ago with a letter to Congress.

The news media judges the success of the speech by how many times the president is interrupted with applause which is really dumb. Now we have the opposition starting to hiss and jeer. So I guess the media will subtract the number jeers from the applauds to determine success.

A seating chart is not a bad idea. It would restore at least a bit of dignitary to the event otherwise just can it.

Is this really an issue? Republicans were treated like dirt for the last four years in the House. They were literally locked out of Pelosi's meetings to discuss details of the monstrosity of a "health care bill". When the House minority leader complained to B. Hussein Obama he replied with two words "we won".

Forum List

Back