Republicans want your children in the sweatshops

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Well, at least one Republican admits it now

. In a lecture on his YouTube channel, Lee explains in great detail why he believes U.S. child labor laws are unconstitutional. In Lee’s view, the federal government doesn’t have authority to enact federal minimum wage laws, civil rights laws or to provide Medicare and Social Security.
Lee’s diatribe shows just how determined he and his ilk are to fight the gains workers have made

Senator Claims Child Labor Laws are Unconstitutional | AFL-CIO NOW BLOG

Minimum wage should be high enough to make sure that annoying teenagers, retirees, and retarded people can't get jobs. Nobody wants to have to look at them.

Be so kind as to point out where the Constitution grants to the feds the power to do any of those things?

Once again, if you WANT the Government to do them, PASS an AMENDMENT. Don't just make up shit claiming it is some how authorized.

The Senator is correct.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Just because he is pointing out that the constitution does not grant these powers to congress (Since the Supreme court disagrees with him, his views are as relavant as yours) does not mean he wants to compel kids into coal mines at 4. You make to much of a leap with your thread title.

But I have to admit, lots of folks would be better of employed at 15 (Which I understand is the norm, even in Europe) than wasting their days disrupting learning at their local high school. Some folks find the finer points of English lit, Algebra, basic chemistry and other concepts beyond their capacity, and forcing them into schools does them no good at all.

. In a lecture on his YouTube channel, Lee explains in great detail why he believes U.S. child labor laws are unconstitutional. In Lee’s view, the federal government doesn’t have authority to enact federal minimum wage laws, civil rights laws or to provide Medicare and Social Security.
Lee’s diatribe shows just how determined he and his ilk are to fight the gains workers have made

So it is bad to be correct? How do you guys ever get your shoes tied?

I'm assuming the title is hyperbole to make a point.

The senator was making a legal argument.

I asked him about whether he also believed that federal child labor laws should be done away with.

He said he is not against Social Security, unemployment benefits, the minimum wage or child labor laws.

But he doesn’t want the federal government mandating any of them.

I want drugs to be legal but I don't use drugs and have to intention to do so.

So, no one actually WANTS children working in sweatshops. He said it is unconstitutional. That's not 'wanting' kids in sweatshops. That's an idiot spinning something to play it against a politician.... and from that one politician, into a swipe against a party.

Apply critical thinking and you can separate the facts from the spin. It ain't hard.

So, no one actually WANTS children working in sweatshops. He said it is unconstitutional. That's not 'wanting' kids in sweatshops. That's an idiot spinning something to play it against a politician.... and from that one politician, into a swipe against a party.

Apply critical thinking and you can separate the facts from the spin. It ain't hard.

Ever notice how liberals all seem to think the Constitution is outdated?

The OP isn't a liberal. Just an ass.... happily, he's not always an ass.

With his ability to spin, he could get a job with MSNBC. :eek:

The constitution doesn't mention anything about murder now does it? Surely you don't think people should be allowed to murder each other, until the constitution is amended? I can pick and choose too.

Last edited:

The constitution doesn't mention anything about murder now does it? Surely you don't think people should be allowed to murder each other, until the constitution is amended? I can pick and choose to.

the constitution is the law that restricts government not the people.

The constitution doesn't mention anything about murder now does it? Surely you don't think people should be allowed to murder each other, until the constitution is amended? I can pick and choose to.

Where in the Constitution do you see the FEDs given the right to kill people?

That's not there, either, is it?

Sop your theory that anything not specifically mentioned isn't allowed is only valid if you apply it to everything the government does.

Which, of course, no conservitive I know ever does.

:clap2:

I wish more people would get that into their heads. It is not rocket science.

You might have a basis for your vile claim

If the Senator wasn't right.

And no where on there did he say he wants kids in sweat shops you lying pile of shit.

Did your dumb fucking ass listen to the Presidents speech where he ask you fucktards to cut this bullshit out?

Or are you just to fucking stoopud to tell that your a moron?

Dishonest, bullshit thread alert. Watched the video and your premise is dishonest beyond belief. Lee speaks of child labor as "barbaric", "disgusting", etc. Nowhere does he advocate the abuse of children or the going back to a time when children where used in these ways. He speaks to the Supreme Court and their opinion that these law should have been dealt with at the state level and not at the Federal level and the Progressives use of the Commerce Clause.

Just another lib having a "Sarah Palin is to blame for the AZ shootings" moment.

Your dishonesty is appalling.

Last edited:

:clap2:

I wish more people would get that into their heads. It is not rocket science.

First of all all not all of the constitution is solely meant to "restrict" the government. I wish people would get that into their heads. Read the 16th amendment for example, and tell me how that "restricts" government.

The constitution is in place to state (or potentially change) what the government can and cannot do-it's not solely to "restrict" as you two have stated.

Now the issue of child labor laws is whether the government has the right to say whether children shouldn't be able to work or not correct? So the real question is what laws can the government pass or not.

So how can government have the ability to create murder laws, but not have the ability to create laws preventing child labor? By the way, in both examples the government is restricting actions of citizens, neither which are in the constitution. When you two can explain that-then you can continue you're misunderstanding of the constitution.

So now would either one of you care to explain how one of these is constitutional, and the other isn't. Go!

It is.

Or do you think we shouldn't have an Air Force?

Or that the people of the right to bear nuclear weapons may not be infringed?

Forum List

Back