London 2012 Olympics Stuff

I gave up on the Olympics years ago when they had commercials every 3 minutes, (yeah, I timed them) and they wouldn't show what I wanted to see. I doubt they'll do any better with the London Olympics. It's all become too commercial.

Surely that's down to the channel you're watching and not the games itself.

Sheeesh, I miss the BBC.

The French seemed a tad bitter walking out. I wonder why? #BritsBeatFrenchAgain. LMAO.

I'm off to Paris in September... I think I'll get a London 2012 t-shirt to wear. My bad.

Any references in the opening show to Trafalgar, Waterloo or Agincourt?

I gave up on the Olympics years ago when they had commercials every 3 minutes, (yeah, I timed them) and they wouldn't show what I wanted to see. I doubt they'll do any better with the London Olympics. It's all become too commercial.

Sheeesh, I miss the BBC.

I'm watching it on BBC HD. No commercials! We're up to the Ps... won't be too much longer before my country comes out! YAY! USA! USA! USA!

Sheeesh, I miss the BBC.

From what I have heard, you can watch any event you are interested in if you ar motivated

The French seemed a tad bitter walking out. I wonder why? #BritsBeatFrenchAgain. LMAO.

I'm off to Paris in September... I think I'll get a London 2012 t-shirt to wear. My bad.

Any references in the opening show to Trafalgar, Waterloo or Agincourt?

:lol: Nope. Pity... I think that would have been funny.

Personally, I thought the opening ceremony was very British. Tasteful, understated and dignified. Very entertaining without being overly flashing and ostentatious.

Sheeesh, I miss the BBC.

From what I have heard, you can watch any event you are interested in if you ar motivated

Except the opening ceremony, it seems....

Finally... We reach the stadium! Let the Games begin... the United States of America is in da house! YAY!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Ahhhh! Team GB in the building! And the place erupts! Very cool entrance!

Song playing "We could be heroes!"

Yep. Bowie. Skyping with old friend in london. And f/b-ing. And tweeting. Olympic social overload.

Interesting factoid.... when Team GB came in, there was a mass of confetti launched. Apparently there is one piece of confetti for every single human being on the planet. Cool.

Forum List

Back